PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mayock has been awsome!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

signbabybrady

Pro Bowl Player
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Anyone who has been watchin the NFL network has to agree that Mayock has been awsome. Insightful and swami like with his predictions.

Side note to the espn being shut out at Gillete is that NFL network coverage of this draft has been great.

Anyone who has been watchin the NFL network has to agree that Mayock has been awsome. Insightful and swami like with his predictions.

Side note to the espn being shut out at Gillete is that NFL network coverage of this draft has been great.

I agree. He has been very insightful.
By the way, what is this ESPN that you speak of? :bricks:

Agreed. Mayock has been a refreshing change from the crap analysts that ESPN usually sends out.

yeah and schefter with his inside information

Indeed - its been really incredible watching this guy calling everything before it happens.

I refuse to watch ESPN, but I doubt Mel Kieper has been this good.

It is also great to hear that Mayock seems enamored with Mayo.

This is the year that I've completely switched over to NFLN for my draft coverage. They are kicking ass.

Mayock isn't a talking head. He's a former player, for Coach Hoodie so he's obviously a pretty smart dude... He is a very good evaluator and he seems to have some solid contacts and a great grasp of the big picture. Too many draftniks are pure talent evaluators (overly susceptible to measurables too), have few team contacts, or just don't grasp the big picture let alone on 32 teams.

He was THE first round draft swami today!

The NFLN/ESPN coverage’s aren’t even comparable.

Hell two of the first round picks weren’t even aired on ESPN.

This is the year that I've completely switched over to NFLN for my draft coverage. They are kicking ass.

NFLN has done a spectacular job......Mayock has certainly done his homework is able to explain things very well and Eisen is very easy on the ears.

Hell, Mayock has been so spot on that even Deion stopped talking to listen to him.

I thought it was great that Mike Reiss notes that ESPN does not have a camera at Gillette. Think Bob Kraft asked him to slip that in? Mayock has been very good predicting who is going where so far. It must get virtually impossible after the first two rounds.

I also note in general that the draft cracks me up. Everybody talks about how this guy and that guy is going to turn around this team and that team, when every year, it seems the same loser teams pick in the top 10 (except us, of course, this year - they noted we haven't picked in the top 10 since we got Richard Seymour). How many times in the last 10 years have the Raiders had a top 10 (top 5?) pick? It just goes to show that coaching and organization have a lot to do with success in the NFL. Talent can only take you so far no matter who you are.

Last edited:
Just a quick tidbit..He's been on all 5+ hours.. Taking minor breaks.. He's on top of his game.. Compared to his competition..

Mayock "no wr will be drafted or rated as 1st round".. McShay and Kiper were thinking wr's would go 11 & 17...
Check one to Mayock..

I was watching ESPN at first and am sad I made that mistake. Steve Young was talking during the entire Patriots first pick, and I totally missed out on BB speaking with NFLN. On top of that Mayock was a man tonight. NFLN is getting a lot better in their broadcasts as time goes on. Deion is hilarious and they seem to have more connections then every other sportscast.

I have watched NFLN on draft day for several years now. Mayock does real well, and Kiper still sucks. Thank goodness for NFLN to allow us to not have to listen to that idiot Kiper.

Bob G

Yeah! I've been watching NFL Network all day. I haven't even thought of flipping to ESPN at any point because for one I like the NFLN people better and Mayock/Schefter were sniping picks. Great stuff. Schefter got a lot of the picks before they came out of the comish's mouth. I love Mayock's analysis and predictions.

I was initially watching ESPN and for every pick Kiper would try to say what position the team would draft, but was wrong half the time and that led to several seconds of silence followed by Kiper giving out a random C or B grade to every pick

Last edited:
Kudos to Mayock! Been watching NFLN on line.

I can't think of a reason in the world to watch ESPN for the draft; I was NFLN all day and didn't even have a little urge to flip. Kiper is crap and has been for years, glad we have an alternative. The pace also helped, years past have been painfully boring to watch as the talking heads reiterated the same points over and over, so at least this kept it going pretty well!

Does this guy Mayock have a first name? I never heard of him before today, although I did watch a bit of the live broadcast on nfl.com. I assume that is the same programming that was on NFLN, which I do not get, and I was impressed.

MIKE Mayock

I've not posted enough to start my own thread, but I have posted in the past. I work in the media, and I noticed something before the draft in the last 2 days.

Don Banks and Mike Reiss, on Friday, both started making more mentions of Jerod Mayo. Banks even put Mayo to Pats at #10 after a trade with the Saints in his final mock draft.

Pre-draft, I told the folks at my draft party to expect Mayo at 10, because the 2 most connected guys in the Boston media were hinting/reporting it. Either the Pats were feeding them information... or the Pats were feeding them false information. Either way, they were hearing something from the Patriots' brass.

Turns out, as expected, they were being leaked the straight dope... even more obvious when it became known that a deal with the Saints was in place on Friday night.

The point? Since I can't start a post, someone SHOULD... and it should point out that Banks and Reiss nailed the Mayo story before the draft... which shows clearly that THEY are being taken care of in the post-Herald fiasco.

Listen to Banks and Reiss from here on out. Tomase? Uh, not so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents