PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mayo upgraded to questionable

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm really excited about this. I think that we will really see our defense take shape this week, now that he's back and a lot of the younger players are starting to excel. guyton and mayo give us a lot of flexibility and I think we will see some exciting things out there.
I just hope AD can play; not sure why he's been out of practice. With mayo back he should be freed up to do flashier things like rush the passer, rather than always dropping into coverage or plugging holes on the strong side. and I'd still like to see him get some reps at DE in the 4-3...

very very happy for it

Still, everyone should "know" that Kwowshon is capable of breaking out for a big game, plus the Patriots' secondary is starting to look very good all of the sudden. Just think it's a possibility that Josh's gameplan is to try to exploit Guyton up the middle.

Whilst Guyton has hardly been Bruschi-like in his Run D, neither has a been a liability. If he does end up struggling, you can flip the LB's; move AD inside, Woods to strongside and Guyton to weakside.

Whilst Guyton has hardly been Bruschi-like in his Run D, neither has a been a liability. If he does end up struggling, you can flip the LB's; move AD inside, Woods to strongside and Guyton to weakside.

Ah the flexibility of the Pats... our hallmark. With that being said, do not see Mayo playing 50-60 snaps...

I have full confidence in BB and staff. If Mayo is ready he will play, if he's not he won't. I don't understand the thinking that the last 5 games are more important somehow. This is the NFL, every game is important and no coach in his right mind wouldn't play every available player as much as possible in every game.

I have full confidence in BB and staff. If Mayo is ready he will play, if he's not he won't. I don't understand the thinking that the last 5 games are more important somehow. This is the NFL, every game is important and no coach in his right mind wouldn't play every available player as much as possible in every game.

This doesn't compute. What about resting a banged up player for playoffs? What about holding out someone from the 45 man game day roster who is not likely to substantially contribute against a given team in favor of someone who is?

I agree that every game is important. But looking at the whole picture of the season and especially the postseason is also important.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News