PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Matthew Stafford signs extension with Detroit Lions

Brady took a pay cut.
Then, they let his favorite and most prolific receiver of 5 years go even though it cost just as much to keep him as it would to pay a risky injury-history receiver.

Feel bad for Brady to take a pay cut to help the team, then not have his top5 receivers from last year

Today I learned Welker and Amendola are the same age.

over 10000 yards passing in 2 seasons yes he went from 41 TD's in 2011 to 20 TD's in 2012 but he was 33 yards away from back to back 5000 yards seasons and Calvin Johnson is the only one on he's team with more then 567 yards rec, if you ant going to pay a 25 year old kid like that 15 million then who should get that kind of money ?
Conversely, if you take Calvin Johnson away from Matthew Stafford and his penchant toward Jay Cutler throws, you have another #1 bust on your hands.

It'll be interesting to see how Detroit uses Reggie Bush this season.

over 10000 yards passing in 2 seasons yes he went from 41 TD's in 2011 to 20 TD's in 2012 but he was 33 yards away from back to back 5000 yards seasons and Calvin Johnson is the only one on he's team with more then 567 yards rec, if you ant going to pay a 25 year old kid like that 15 million then who should get that kind of money ?

His yards are misleading for 2012. He led the league in pass attempts yet was 28th in the league for yards per pass attempt at 6.83.

I'd be curious to see what he'd be like without Calvin Johnson.

The comment about to few touchdowns is very true especially when you consider he threw the ball 727 times last season.

Sounds like Bledsoe's 691 attempt season in 94. Way to many INT's, only 20 TD's, but a lot of yards.

Has anyone else noticed how similar Stafford and Bledsoe are?? No. 1 overall QB's, both lead tattered franchises to playoff berths in their second and third years, both tend to light up in the passing yardage?? Anyone see the similarity now?!

I see one major difference...Stafford doesn't have antlers....yet...

Brady took a pay cut.
Then, they let his favorite and most prolific receiver of 5 years go even though it cost just as much to keep him as it would to pay a risky injury-history receiver.

Feel bad for Brady to take a pay cut to help the team, then not have his top5 receivers from last year

How you know that he made a deal with Kraft that when he retires, he will own a % of the team like Elway? We don't really know what all goes on behind the scenes...

Seattle in 2012, by a score of 28-24.

And to clarify, I don't mean vs. teams that had a winning record at the time. I mean teams that went on to finish with a winning record.

Hard for me to be impartial on this but I'll try:

WAAAAAY overpaid.

As far as beating teams that finished with a winning record, is that Regular season or are playoffs counted? Cuz in 2011 Lions beat Broncos & Tebow bad, with a lot of snarky douchey mock-Tebowing and the patented Stafford sneer. Broncos ended Regular season 8-8, then beat Steelers, then were crushed the Patriot way. Wait, just googled their 2011 schedule - soft!

I hate Stafford, but I think he IS a good QB, and I'd def rank him above Snackchez. However, nothing would delight me more than being wrong about his abilities.

Bradford and Romo get more than Brady too? This is all effed up.

you're a little behind the times ,Suzy...he ain't "Snackchez" no more...nope....today he's a stone cold g puttin' it on wax as Master Buffumble...

post-9525-Mark-Sanchez-butt-fumble-gif-B-s9ac.gif

you're a little behind the times ,Suzy...he ain't "Snackchez" no more...nope....today he's a stone cold g puttin' it on wax as Master Buffumble...

post-9525-Mark-Sanchez-butt-fumble-gif-B-s9ac.gif

hahaha it never gets old, does it? Brandon Moore was like WTF?

the best part is the green vermin will NEVER escape the shadow of that play...not ever...just punch in "butt fumble" or any permutation of "sanchez+ butt +fumble", or "butt fumble worst of the worst" (my favorite)... here's the best image of Wrecks when "butt fumble" is entered...

rexryan.jpeg

eggs ackley....

Detroit was stuck in that they had to sign him having no other options and needing to keep their fan base invested in the team but he's still in that group with Cutler and Romo of guys who look the part and have the arm but at the end of the day lack the head. The proverbial million dollar arm and ten cent head.

In no particular order, mostly, I'd rather have Brady, Rodgers, Brees, Franken Manning, Lucky Manning, Wilson, Flacco, RapenBurger, Rivers, Luck, RGIII and in another year I might take Kaepernick and Tannehill as well. I know Rivers had a bad year and Tannehill was nothing special but you give either of them Megatron and he gets in the endzone twice as much. With Kaepernick I still want to see it for a full year.

BTW this just made me think I hope whoever did those Facebook parodies with the QBs does it again this year. Those were awesome.

Nobody on the Loins, that's for sure.

over 10000 yards passing in 2 seasons, yes he went from 41 TDs in 2011 to 20 TDs in 2012, but he was 33 yards away from back to back 5000 yards seasons and Calvin Johnson is the only one on his team with more then 567 yards rec; if you aint going to pay a 25 year old kid like that 15 million then who should get that kind of money?

Nobody on the Loins, that's for sure.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back