PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Matthew Berry loves 2 pats..a lot

Brady_to_Moss

28-3....
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Matthew Berry updates his rankings with risers and fallers - Fantasy Football - ESPN

Sudfeld is the biggest climber for me as I now have him as a top-eight fantasy tight end. You heard me.

He writes that, although Sudfeld doesn't have the elusiveness of Aaron Hernandez, he does have a bigger catch radius, and 6-foot-7 Sudfeld alongside 6-6 Gronkowski makes for a very interesting red zone package. Sudfeld is tall and athletic and has great hands and a pretty good quarterback, so there's no reason he couldn't put up top-eight numbers. Last year's No. 8 tight end was Owen Daniels, who had 716 yards and six touchdowns. You're telling me Sudfeld can't get that? Last year, the Patriots attempted the third-most passes to tight ends, despite Gronk and Hernandez missing a combined 12 games. And they've thrown the most passes to tight end in the past three years. Again, I ask you... You're telling me Sudfeld can't get 700 yards and 6 TDs?

I'd be surprised to see Sudfeld get 700 yards, but I think 6 TD's is easily within reach. I expect Amendola to get 1000+, Gronk to get 1000+ if he plays 12+ games, and the rookie trio to get a big chunk of Brady's targets. Edelman will obviously get his share too. I think for his first year Sudfeld has awesome potential as a red zone target but I don't think he'll get enough targets to produce 700 yards.

Yeah, wow...a top 8 fantasy TE. This is getting to be a bit ridiculous. I hope he's right, but the hype machine is in FULL effect with this kid and that's putting it mildly.

I was considering taking a very late round flier on him, so the more production (more importantly for the team--obviously) the better. I'd have a pretty hard time envisioning anything more than a total of 5 TD's, which is still great; but 700+ yards will be almost impossible.

Just to put it into perspective the "great" Aaron Hernandez only received over 575 yds ONCE in his three year career.

That was a pretty good read, I enjoyed the "Married..." part too. I think Studfeld could put those type of numbers up. We'll see if he beats everyone out that isn't named Gronk (that's the way it looks so far). If that happens.. yeah. I don't know about Thompkins.. he seems to have the talent and work ethic. Looks very good so far. Again the way it looks right now he's going to be a big part the offense.

can't watch tonight, but have game on DVR ... how has Sudfeld managed in protecting brady? Will have a lot to do with how much he sees the field too.

My main league draft is on Saturday. Auction league too, was planning on grabbing Sudfeld and Thompkins for cheap. d%#*!@t Berry.

Lets not stop there. Why can't he be as good as Gronkowski? He's Mark Bavaro with blonde hair.

So where are Thompkins and Sudfeld going in your drafts?

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Back