PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Massarotti says Belichick has gambled on the 2009 season and his future legacy

Status
Not open for further replies.
This may have been posted already, I haven't read all 80 replies...

It seems to me that the national media is giving the Patriots much more credit than the local media in regards to this trade. I see and hear a lot of gnashing of teeth from Mazz, Felger, the WEEI fill-in crew, etc. Where as I read more than a few quotes from national guys who spoke to NFL execs and scouts who think that Seymour was not worth a 1st rounder.

I find that a little odd considering the national media's typical BB bashing.

It seems to me that the national media is giving the Patriots much more credit than the local media in regards to this trade.
I find that a little odd considering the national media's typical BB bashing.

Massarotti famous rant consists of how he doesn't understand the "in Bill we trust" mentality.

In his mind we as Patriot fans should bash football decisions made by the only man we would want in charge of our organization. I might be able to understand this rationalization if he was a beat writer for say….the Jets. But why in the world would I question a guy with as much or more football knowledge than any person walking the planet?

Last edited:
Spags did it by employing a defensive philosophy that was either going to win him the game or cause the Giants to lose 100-17. If Stephen Neal doesn't go down, chances are the latter would have happened.

Spags actually copied the defense BB used to knock off the Rams in '01.
Beatin' the crap out of the QB usually works.

Spags actually copied the defense BB used to knock off the Rams in '01.
Beatin' the crap out of the QB usually works.

If you can get to him. If you can't, you're toast.

EDIT: And BB's gameplan relied on beating the crap out of the receivers more than the QB in that Super Bowl.

Last edited:
If you can get to him. If you can't, you're toast.

EDIT: And BB's gameplan relied on beating the crap out of the receivers more than the QB in that Super Bowl.

Belichick gambles on every draft choice, on every offensive or defensive call. Should he take the ball first or kick it. Its all a gamble. All I know is I would love for him to head down to FoxWoods with 20G's of my coin and take a few gambles.

ummm... because you brought it up. Look about 6 posts back in case you have CRS.

Can't
Remember
Sh!t

hey bonehead, pay attention. Before you say i have CRS, learn to read.

'Hey Bro' was talking about Steve Spagnuolo, who in 07 was the DC of the Giants. I commented back to him about Steve Spagnuolo. You quoted me, and start talking about the HC of the Dolphins, who is Tony Sparano. I asked what that had to do with Steve Spagnuolo. You then say i have CRS because i brought Sparano up.....???? I realize the names are simlilar, but its not my fault that YOU confused them.

Reading comprehension is needed if you're going to insult people on this board :rolleyes:

Last edited:
hey bonehead, pay attention. Before you say i have CRS, learn to read.

'Hey Bro' was talking about Steve Spagnuolo, who in 07 was the DC of the Giants. I commented back about to him about Steve Spagnuolo. You quoted me, and start talking about the HC of the Dolphins, who is Tony Sparano. I asked what that had to do with Steve Spagnuolo. You then say i have CRS because i brought Sparano up.....???? I realize the names are simlilar, but its not my fault that YOU confused them.

Reading comprehension is needed if you're going to insult people on this board :rolleyes:

rofl, this guy is such an idiot. Just went back to this whole sequence of posts, and it's comical. You have more patience than I would, nash :p

OE: The only person that you're 'slamming' is yourself. Spagnuolo = Rams Coach. Nothing to do with the Dolphins going from 1-15 to 11-5...

The nice part of me feels like I should tell you to get back on the meds, but the jerk in me is having fun watching you implode in such a ridiculous way.

Last edited:
rofl, this guy is such an idiot. Just went back to this whole sequence of posts, and it's comical. You have more patience than I would, nash :p

It actually takes alot to make me mad. I just hate when someone implies im an idiot, when really, they can't read well. ;)

"Yak yak yak yadda yadda ... the team hates its coach ... blah blah blah"

Just another potshot.

Why do so many local media guys hate on Belichick and the Pats? It just doesn't make sense. They've been the best team in New England this decade and yet they seem to get the most crap from these idiot writers.

Why do so many local media guys hate on Belichick and the Pats? It just doesn't make sense. They've been the best team in New England this decade and yet they seem to get the most crap from these idiot writers.
the succesful teams and coaches which defy the "hard media town" status irks the ego of our local writers. "how they hell did they survive us ?" its good to be called a good sports town but constant battering of the local teams to acheive 100 % perfection and media friendliness isnt welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye