PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Massarotti says Belichick has gambled on the 2009 season and his future legacy

Status
Not open for further replies.
He sucks at that too. He should just go back to his gay-love affair with Tomase and stick to his real talent:Gossip and innuendo.

A true Globe untalent.
Yeah all of that. :yeahthat:

Geeeezzz! Some of you folks write from the point of view that winning a Superbowl is a birthright.

Pretty typical Mazz. Insult fanbase, make polarizing statements with no merit....

Wake me up he manages to get through a Pats article without the use of his lame "card-carrying Belichicklet" catchphrase.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Last edited:
It's funny how spoiled some fans of this franchise are nowadays. Prior to 2001, most fans would have given their left nut to experience an 18-1 season... Super Bowl or not. Now it's GIVE ME, GIVE ME, GIVE ME. Nevermind that we've managed to become a dynasty in a time when dynasties were not supposed to exist.

Geeeezzz! Some of you folks write from the point of view that winning a Superbowl is a birthright.

Totally................... :rolleyes:

WTF. Some of you guys act as if BB just gave away a SB. I wasn't aware having that Seymour automatically meant we're we gonna win this year. I must have missed our last 5 championship teams Seymour was on from 2005-09.

We dumped a "semi-disgruntled" declining player we weren't gonna resign for a (likely) a high draft pick and some free money to resign some other keys guys, or to go out and pick up another impact player.

Get over it, or go cheer for the Bills for a few years, then come back. AS a fanbase, I think we're really started to get a little goofy.

Hey, captain Bengals fan---It is our birthright-so go blow it out you're ass.

Spags did it by employing a defensive philosophy that was either going to win him the game or cause the Giants to lose 100-17. If Stephen Neal doesn't go down, chances are the latter would have happened.

I highly doubt that.

Last edited:
reading the comments in the piece by mazz is funny..they are ripping him apart. does he still not learn ?
After groundshaking trade, will Belichick stand tall? - Tony Massarotti sports blog - Boston.com

"That very fact only accentuates the truth that Belichick may have put just gambled on the 2009 season and his legacy going forward."

I haven't read the comments previous to this so forgive me if I'm being repetitive but this has got to be the most "drama queenish" statement I have ever read on Boston.com.

With Mike Reiss leaving, I hope that this person doesn't represent what we can expect going forward.

Tony Massarotti: - Tony Massarotti sports blog - Boston.com

check this out
"Tony Massarotti is now taking suggestions for the seventh pick of his fantasy football draft"

some guy asks in the comments section
How can anybody help if we don't know who's been taken?
and mazz says
(Tony Massarotti: That's the point. Use your imagination and try to forecast the first six picks.)

:rofl::rofl:

Massarotti sell's his wares at all NE Truck Stops.

Anybody that can crack the Pats offense is legit and Spagnolo did it.

I just don't get why everybody gives Spagnolo so much credit. That gameplan could only work with great pass rushers. The credit should go to that D-line. Its not like the gameplan was rocket science.

I just don't get why everybody gives Spagnolo so much credit. That gameplan could only work with great pass rushers. The credit should go to that D-line. Its not like the gameplan was rocket science.

Listen, I'm no Dolphins fan, but they went from 1-15 to 11-5. I'll give credit where credit is due. They won the division and pissed me off, but they did it fair-and-square.

It's payback time.

He writes this type of stuff all the time. When Brady went down last year, he immediately wrote a column stating that we would now find out how good BB is as a coach. Fair enough. Then, after the Pats went 11-5 he never referred to the issue again. I e-mailed him asking if a follow-up might be in order. The silence from his end was deafening. He's a Borges wannabe who somewhere along the line got his nose out of joint about BB. Ignore him as best you can.

Listen, I'm no Dolphins fan, but they went from 1-15 to 11-5. I'll give credit where credit is due. They won the division and pissed me off, but they did it fair-and-square.

It's payback time.

ummm, what did that have to do with the Giants ex DC??? I think you were thinking about Sparano, the fins coach...?

pats defense is so bad that they even suck in madden .. don't give me this crap that last year it was a top 10 d .. you kidding me? misleading ..

Fascinating. Madden is now the standard over real NFL stats. :rolleyes:

Admittedly, the NFL ranking of 10th (by yardage) is not everyone's cup of tea. Perhaps you'd prefer points in which they ranked 8th?

To give your point some credence, they were 21st in DVOA. But to cite Madden...

We trade an all-pro, one of the best players at his position, for a draft pick two years from now. How can this help us in 2009? How can this NOT be a 2009 gamble.

The only way that the Seymour trade could help the 2009 is if the money is used to sign someone.

My preference would be to lock down a player for 2010, perhaps Gostkowski.

But I don't think that we can spin this as a help to the 2009 team.

I agree that there is no way this team is better for 2009 year after this trade. Especially if they play a 3-4. HOWEVER, if they go with a 4-3, it's *possible* that Seymour wasn't as suited to that defense as, say, Burgess, and maybe in the end, the Pats 4-3 with Burgess at DE will be better than the 4-3 with Seymour. I don't know, but it's possible.

ummm, what did that have to do with the Giants ex DC??? I think you were thinking about Sparano, the fins coach...?

ummm... because you brought it up. Look about 6 posts back in case you have CRS.

Can't
Remember
Sh!t

Last edited:
Massarotti is a football "know nothing" who hates it when the Patriots make more news than his beloved team from Yawky Way. This reaction is expected from this RS pink hat.

If Theo Epstein pulled off the equivalent type of trade for the Red Sox Mazz would be singing the praises of his boy as a visionary.
Mazz is a baseball loving Theo suck-up who hates BB.
Ignore him!!
He knows not what he speaks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back