PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Maroney

Status
Not open for further replies.
I always see him sticking his right shoulder into people trying to knock them down now. Does anyone remember which shoulder he had a problem with last year? Perhaps some of his problems stem from that shoulder injury.

Yeah i normally rip the guy but he ran like Marion Barber last night. He needs to bring that to every game.

I thought the same thing (Chris Johnson) when that happened. I have finally joined the Maroney bandwagon :singing:

If we ditch the pass happy offense, Maroney could be a STAR in the league :)

But see, this is what i have a problem with. By 'star' do you mean Chris Johnson or Peterson? Those guys could have 2000 yard seasons in there career. Maroney doesn't have that talent.

But see, this is what i have a problem with. By 'star' do you mean Chris Johnson or Peterson? Those guys could have 2000 yard seasons in there career. Maroney doesn't have that talent.

Maroney has the talent to be a 1500 yard back in a system which blocks for him and gives him 20-25 carries. He may not be Chris Johnson or Adrian Peterson, who are pretty elite talents, but he can hold his own with most backs in the league.

Look at DeAngelo Williams. He did nothing for 2 years, then ran for 1500 yards last year and is on pace to do so again this year. Rashard Mendenhall looked like a bust through 3 games this year, and is finally getting consistent carries and is a punishing back on pace for 100 yards. And Cedric Benson was one of the biggest busts in the league for 4 years before breaking out this year as one of the best, and most punishing, backs in the league.

Yeah, Maroney isn't as talented as the flash or Peterson but he is one of the more talented RB's in the league in terms of raw ability. The psychological aspect of his play is coming along nicely. He makes people pay for tackling him, and he blasted a few safeties before we abandoned the run.

You can see it when he runs. He's pissed, I swear that dude must have logged on here and read what everyone (including myself at times) said about the guy. He's running like he has something to prove this year, he has never been so physical before. I'm loving what I see. Hopefully we'll get Sammy up to speed and they can be a nice one two punch.
I think there's something to this, but not this website...

...but Bruschi's public comments after the Tennessee game about how "the footing in the snow made it hard for Maroney to 'dance', so he had to hit the hole hard" (paraphrasing).

When an ex-teammate now-broadcaster calls you out publicly as a 'dancer', that's gotta sting.

I'm not saying that's the sole reason Maroney has stepped it up as of late, but I think it does factor in to some degree.

Regards,
Chris

While Maroney's bandwagon starts to fill up, I'm a former Maroney fan who's ready to jump off. I'm really upset about the ball control issues over the past few games.

I read something a few weeks ago about how he had studied a lot of his games and felt the style of running was way different than what he did in college, and that he would go back to that. And I think we've seen that the past few weeks. But the fumbles are awful. For all the talk about the Brady interception destroying momentum, the Pats were down two scores, got the ball to start the second half, and then fumbled it away.

Fortunately, Maroney hustled to cause another fumble, and the Pats would make it a one-score game. But that would have been the end of it had the Saints gotten the ball inside our 30 yard line right after kicking off.

He had 1 fumble in 388 carries in his first 3 seasons, and 3 fumbles over the past few weeks. I don't care about the extra yards or the rushing TDs if he can't hold onto the ball. Hopefully he can find a way to strike a balance between the two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft