PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Maroney Was the Right Pick!

Status
Not open for further replies.
GJAJ15 said:
Very impressed with Maroney, but not ready for Canton yet, this offense with two quality backs who can grind it out may be something we have not seen in a long time. Dillon is obviously better than last year, could be because he is being pushed.

Loved Maroney. He seemed very psyched. Dillon was hitting it hard, too. Best of all, the line looked very ready in the first quarter. Started my day at 4:30 am, so I couldn't make it through 2nd quarter, though.

The best part of Maroney was that he seems to run with alot of aggresiveness and power. I knew he had the speed. He was bouncing off guys and he picked up alot of yards after the first hit. He knows hot to hit a hole to, not to much dancing around.

Some of the scouting reports mentioned that he was a little smallish for the NFL. He looked like a monster out there to me. Thunder and Lightning Baby!!!

Man, it will be a along time before I stop smiling over Maroney. I was stunned when we picked him over the linebacker.
But after watching him last night for the first time, all I can say is WOW! It's been a long time since we had a back like that on our team. Defenses better catch him before he gets through the hole or he'll be gone and he's hard to stop once he gets going. The combo of Dillon/Maroney/Faulk is going to be fun to watch. :D

yoda_Koolaid3.gif

39, The number of his His Tightness is, coal black he is, the hole with explosion he hits.
:rolleyes:

Just had to get on this bandwagon.

PFnV

Maroney does have the Burst, The Speed, and all that good stuff......But what impressed me the most was his BALANCE........He has the perfect center of Gravity for a RB where they are hard to get down. Except for the play where he was met in the backfield, he never went down on the first hit. The big question will be if he progresses on this pace at about Game 7 does our running game become a 1 1/2 - 1/2 punch instead of a 1-2 Punch.......With Maroney getting the 1 1/2 carries....If that happens how will Dillon handle it???

I'm officially on the Maroney bandwagon. I thought that Corey looked great too. But he looks like the real deal! I was also very impressed with Mills last night.

Now image that offense with some actual NFL wide receivers on the field!

PatsFanInVa said:
the hole with explosion he hits.
:rofl: By the way, what are the chances of finding a picture of Yoda with a Kool Aid pitcher in his hand?!? :D

Agree with DRules.... I'm starting to get over not picking one of my first round LBs.

Last edited by a moderator:
As a rival fan, I'm not a happy camper today.:( I thought Maroney looked great last night. Power, shiftiness, and nice speed through the hole. He's got a bright future ahead of him in my opinion. Great draft pick, I hate it!!....:mad:

DefenseRules said:
Man, it will be a along time before I stop smiling over Maroney. I was stunned when we picked him over the linebacker.
But after watching him last night for the first time, all I can say is WOW! It's been a long time since we had a back like that on our team. Defenses better catch him before he gets through the hole or he'll be gone and he's hard to stop once he gets going. The combo of Dillon/Maroney/Faulk is going to be fun to watch. :D
Agree with everything. The smile was temporarily taken off my face on draft day when we picked him. But . . . WOW. He's he kind of runner who the opponent will be happy to hold him to 4 yards every play. And if they do get to him they still have to bring him down. When he was in the open field did the first tackle ever bring him down ? 5 years of him, WOW.

Moroney looks good, but... Bobby Carpenter would have been useful.

rookBoston said:
Moroney looks good, but... Bobby Carpenter would have been useful.
Even if Carp had been there for us - would you have taken him over Maroney ? I wouldn't.

The other thing about him being the right pick - can you imagine if we'd passed on him and the Colts had gotten him ? :eek: :bricks:

BelichickFan said:
Even if Carp had been there for us - would you have taken him over Maroney ? I wouldn't.

I was thinking about this before last nights game. I think Belichick would have picked Carpenter. I think he went the best player available after all the LB's were gone. After last nights game, I'm kinda glad Carpenter was gone. Though I was a HUGE Maroney fan (first discovered him when I was watching a Minnesota game to see Marion Barber III, who may turn out to be a good back also), I really wanted Carpenter. It's funny how things worked out. Dallas should have a tough defense for quite a while though, with Ware and Carpenter coming off the edges. I think we would have shifted Carpenter to the middle. Maroney may turn out to be a GREAT back. One game is too early to tell, but it sure was impressive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft