PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Maroney pick forces Indy to reach for Addai

Status
Not open for further replies.
T-ShirtDynasty said:
Would you sign my melon?

Did you just say "sign my melons?"

Sorry, I said I wouldn't mention it again!

I love Tom. :singing: It was more of a rhetorical question. ;)

*downs a shot glass of Kool-Aid*

Brownfan80 said:
Did you just say "sign my melons?"
No man, melon ... as in melonhead.
attachment.php

:D

And cut it out. ;)

T-ShirtDynasty said:
attachment.php

And cut it out. ;)

That image actually made me laugh out loud at work. Several people turned and looked at me. I had to pretend I was coughing. I don't think they bought it.

Disagree

maverick4 said:
I mentioned the same thing a while ago in the Shanahan thread, but I'm glad you brought this up and quoted the Yahoo article. It makes me feel like I'm not the only conspiracy theorist here :)

About drafting Maroney...I don't think Belichick thought about it at the time - he was probably going for best value and fit for the Patriots.

However, I LOVE that Polian's plan backfired on him. He resigned all of his receivers and quarterback to huge contracts, and let the engine of his offense sign with Arizona. He was probably eyeing Maroney or Williams to replace Edge. Instead, he's stuck with a slightly better version of Kevin Faulk.

I'll say this: the Colts' golden years have already peaked. Their past two years were their best chance at a championship. From here on out, it will be a slow decline for the rest of Manning's career.

I don't think that Joe Addai was a better version of Kevin Faulk. I think the most apt comparison is to a slightly better version of Patrick Pass. I was hoping the Pats would take a RB after addressing LB in the first round and looked extensively at the second-third round backs.

At first, I thought JA would be a nice pickup, but after more research I thought he just does not run like a franchise back. He appears to be almost the exact size of Patrick, is a jack of all trades but master of none, just like Patrick, and very straight linish like Patrick. The only thing he has is slightly better straight-line speed.

I then settled on Mo Drew who I think will be dynamite. Now he is a slightly better version of Kevin Faulk.

Tom's comment has gotten major play on the Indy message board. The fans had convinced themselves that Addai was the guy Polian was targeting -- so that pretty much blew up in their face.

If 12 ever goes into politics he'll have to learn how to lie.

...last time melonhead confides in him.:D

Last edited:
Addai is a good back and was not a reach where they picked him.

Having said that, I hope that he signs a nice big contract and is a complete bust.

Why? Because I hate the Colts, that's why.

Last edited:
desi-patsfan said:
you know, we all hate manning apprently but guess what, chances are he and tom and friends or are atleast friendly. Perhaps peyton made a joke and tommy was just saying for laughs. We dont really need to attack peyton for EVERY little thing he says do we?

I think you're right. It was most likely a joke, just busting his balls a bit.

If Manning was serious and truly upset about that he wouldn't have said anything to Brady. It's possible Maroney was the guy Manning likes but that doesn't mean he really thinks it's the end of the world that they didn't get him.

T-ShirtDynasty said:
attachment.php

And cut it out. ;)

:rofl: That must really hurt when he faced a good 3-4 team and has his head up his ass.

That's going to get Peyton's relationship with Addai off to a good start !! !! Poor Addai- how's that for taking the wind out of your sails when your QB says you were second choice !! Way to go Peyton - preseason hasn't even started and you've already thrown your running back under the bus (right under there with the O-line ;) ).

the colts fan who said: if it was between Addai and Maroney..Colts still would take Joseph..thats bull

Maroney is in the first tier of RBs and reminds people of Portis or JAMES in the draft..Addai is in the 2nd tier of RBs in draft..sure he blocks better but Maroney is a more polished runner..more durable and has actually played a lot unlike Addai. Maroney gives effort on blocks..Addai played some FB and as far as pass catching..so many LSU RBs are good receivers because they pass to the backfield alot..look at Kevin Faulk..Domanick Davis..LaBrandon Toefield while Maroney didnt really get a lot of opportunties as Marion Barber didnt and Russell too.

Peyton said we took their RB. Dungy wanted Maroney. thats that

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference