PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mark my words: If we rush the ball at least 30 times we will win the Super Bowl

Status
Not open for further replies.
All I'm saying is that they need to have a more BALANCED attack this time. Law Firm is a better running back than Maroney. He's not flashy but the guy gets the job done. Let O-line hit them in the mouth for a little bit. Don't just let them slap the O-line around.

I think you're right. Ball control is key to beating the Giants. Keep the clock running, wear down their defense and keep Eli and his WR's off the field. It's the kind of strategy people have used against us. Now we should use it against them.

Sometime you just need to do the unexpected.

I'm re-watching the AFCCG right now, and Green-Ellis just scored his 2nd quarter TD.

Now, that first Pats possession of the 2nd quarter featured two consecutive BJGE inside runs on first down, and he moved the chains on each run (11 and 13 yards). The Pats mixed it up with an off-tackle to Woodhead, followed by a sweet play-action throw that AHern couldn't pull in (otherwise he might have been off to the proverbial races). Facing 3rd n 8, Tom had to go to the air... and Welker moved the chains. Yada, yada, BJGE runs 8 yards to score on a D that looked gassed and on their heels.

Bottom line is that even though it's not "Patriots football", this was probably not expected by the Ravens' staff or their game-plan. And was successful. Best of all to me, that series showed that the Pats ran because they could, and passed when they had to.

The Pats' OL blocking for the run up the middle against the Ravens was very effective, and if we can run consistently on first down with success, the Giants might re-think their speed-rush front four. That will help with play-action, because if they are forced to bring in their heavies inside, their pass-rush suffers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft