PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Manning vs. Manning (a/k/a Colts vs. Giants) Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You Are Freaking Kidding Me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How In The World Do They Call That!

The ghost pass interference call... was waiting for that

Again... Refs making sure Colts pull thru with that BS Pass interference call...

I'll just be happy if I can see the proud parents 30 more times before the game is done.

THis game is actually quite a bit closer than I thought it would be. Don't quite know what I was expecting, though.

If one of those dropped INTs was run back, this would be a different story.

Unbelievable. Unbelievable!

That was total horsesh!t call.

How in the world is that offnesive pass intereference. What a JOKE!

What an absolute joke call that was. Phantom offensive pass interference. That ref should be suspended for making such a baseless call in such an important situation.

Colts get all the calls their way. Ofcourse, they cant let Big Brother get beaten. They cant let the poster boy of the NFL lose! Biggest BS PI call I have seen in a while. Oh yeah BTW, the Colts defense reeks. They are absolutely terrible. I cant wait for Dillon and Maroney to kick their @ss.

That was a crappy call of gigantic proportions but the reality is the Giants have been shooting themselves in the foot all night tonight with earned penalties. If they had played better they wouldn't be in a position right now where a bad flag has screwed them almost completely.

fnordcircle said:
That was a crappy call of gigantic proportions but the reality is the Giants have been shooting themselves in the foot all night tonight with earned penalties. If they had played better they wouldn't be in a position right now where a bad flag has screwed them almost completely.

Exactly. The Giants have done plenty to make sure this was the outcome.

Wow, it looks like the NFL wants penalties called on receivers against the Colts this year as they when DB's breath on Indy dbacks. What a joke.

Well, after a day of gripping, sometimes shocking, but thoroughly enjoying day of NFL football, we get this....AGAIN...it's "We Gotta MAKE SURE Peytie Gets A Ring THIS Year...Part Two". You thought last year was bad???? Remember?...the only team in the NFL that NEVER got called for PI during the regular season until their LAST Freaki' meaningless game? Remember THAT OBVIOUS SHAM the league perpetrated...and then that RIDICULOUS, OVER THE TOP attempt to blatantly FIX that Steeler playoff...

well....you saw it....catch at the 45 ???...OH WAIT!!!!! Pass Interference!!!! Not on TV, not in front of 60,000 disbelieving fans and 280 million Americans....only in the mind and DEFINITELY the earset of WONDER WHACKREF....what a disgusting, saddening end to a great day of otherwise, pure, All American NFL football.

I have no idea what this crap is supposed to prove.....the whole WORLD knows that this is another year of THE PEYTIE FIX-O-THON......just gotta hope for divine intervention I guess

That was some craptastic clock management there.

Oh, well. Had the Giants any real chance, I'm sure some official would have taken it away,

That was hilarious. I'm glad that it happened. Shows everyone what's really going on.

How much you want to bet they cop out and give player of the game to both Mannings??

Wow, it must be really nice to be the Colts, and have the refs flat out cheat your opponent with ridiculous, bogus calls. What an absolute sham, that entire crew should be fined and suspended for being utterly incomptent. Still, the Colts are going to take a real step back this year. Bad running game, bad rush defense, won't translate to a championship team. Unless, of course, the biased officiating continues, then who knows? The sky's the limit in that case. :mad:

Last edited:
If the NFL doesnt f**ing wake up and fire all these frigging idiots of referees then I so badly feel like just stop watching the NFL. Ofcourse I wont because I love the game and everything about it. But all these refs do is make stupid ass decisions and penalties then lose a game for a team that didnt deserve it. The Giants could have won that with the way their RB's were producing yards.

fnordcircle said:

Shockey's bonehead move to gain the first down and then blow the equally important chance to stop the clock... The Giants have lots of talent, just erratic focus and discipline. Odd for a team coached by a disciplanarian. All I can think is his players have to some extent tuned him out. He's been trying to get Shockley to train with the team and work with his QB in the offseason for 3 years now to no avail.

Man, where did that Brandon Jacobs come from? I had never heard of him until I saw the highlites from the Patriots preseason game. Then I watched last night and was in awe. That td run he had was one of the most vicious things I've seen. He absolutely abused that defender that tried to stop him. At that size, I can't imagine he'll last much more than three or four more seasons but it should be fun to watch.

Alk said:
Man, where did that Brandon Jacobs come from? I had never heard of him until I saw the highlites from the Patriots preseason game. Then I watched last night and was in awe. That td run he had was one of the most vicious things I've seen. He absolutely abused that defender that tried to stop him. At that size, I can't imagine he'll last much more than three or four more seasons but it should be fun to watch.

Get this... three years ago, Jacobs was the third RB on an Auburn squad that featured Cadillac Williams and Ronnie Brown. Kenny Irons, one of the best backs in the nation this year and a possible Heisman candidate, was the fourth back on that Tigers team. Talk about an embarassment of riches. Jacobs transferred for his senior season to DI-AA Southern Illinois and played there before being drafted by the Giants. Some speculated his immense height and running style wouldn't translate well to the NFL and he'd have to move to tight end or even linebacker, but the Giants decided to use him as a goal line back (why not, all he needs to do is fall forward for a TD) and he proved to be all that and more.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft