PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Manning over Brady Sunday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you so much for deciphering what the OP was trying to say here! I could NOT figure out what the he(( he was saying.

Let me see if I get this straight??

The majority of the NFLN guys picked the Pats to win on Sunday, but the one who did not was Marshall Faulk?

In which case you are annoyed because of Faulk's idiotic comments in the past, so by him standing alone it seems as though there's even more reason for us to hate him than before.

Makes sense to me :rocker:

Guess who the only one on the NFLN Thursday night crew picked Manning over Brady. Kurt Warner? Dion Sanders?, Marshall Faulk? Rich Eisen? Michael Irvin?

Yep.

They rest shamed him on live TV:singing:

Maybe a bunch of the people responding to this aren't aware of the over the top anti-Patriots history Faulk has had.

I think most of us are fully aware of Faulk's pathetic, lingering bitterness towards us...and are amused.

But ~ respectfully submitted ~ nobody could make sense of your gibberish...because it's gibberish.

And the fact that Warner has been demonstrably "Anti-Patriots" eliminated any chance of our being able to do more than guess at what you were attempting to put across...Which raises the question "Why should we?" when you can't even show us the common courtesy of formatting the OP in a way that makes the slightest sense.

Not trying to be overly harsh. And thanks for at least owning up to it, though.

That's more than many would do. :cool:

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Yes but when Hazaam spoke the ancient tongue, the Gorgonites marched on the bails of yarn and rewound the lights.

Without exaggeration, I can say that the original post was the most incomprehensible thing I have ever seen at this site.

You must not go over to the PoFo (Political Discussion forum)...and certainly not game threads!

Without exaggeration, I can say that the original post was the most incomprehensible thing I have ever seen at this site.

Utterly wrong. Correct answer would be anything ever written by Simkin, bless his little ESL heart.

No suprise but at least this one's somewhat understandable, he used to be teammates with Peyton so I can't blame him TOO much for this one.

That said, I've never seen an 'analyst' so blatantly biased against a team in my life. Surpised NFLN has allowed this to go on so long, at least Rich Eisen had the guts to call him out for it back in '07.

Away from his home dome advantage he enjoyed in Indy, I do not see Manning keeping up the statistical illusion that for his career he has been as good a QB as Tom Brady.

The career splits were given in another thread, but I can summarize:

If it's snowing you want Brady over Manning
If it's raining you want Brady over Manning
If it's sleeting you want Brady over Manning
If it's windy you want Brady over Manning
If it's calm you want Brady over Manning
If it's cold you want Brady over Manning
If it's sunny you want Brady over Manning
If it's hot you want Brady over Manning
If you're outside you want Brady over Manning
Even if you're inside you want Brady over Manning

To my knowledge there is no set of conditions whatsoever where anyone, based on any logical reason, would prefer Manning to Brady.

The statistical illusion of them being close is simply caused by Manning playing 8X as many games over his career in a dome. Playing in a dome helps both of them in terms of QBR, completion percentage. TD/INT, etc., thus the person playing so many more games under those perfect conditions gets an overall career statistical bump.

OK, I looked it up so you don't have to hunt for it.

Manning Career splits
Indoors: 112 games, 98.3 QBR, 231:102 TD:INT ratio.
Outdoors: 100 games, 91.4 QBR, 176:99 ratio
Precipitation: 8 games, 83.8 QBR, 11:10 ratio
Windy: 30 games, 82.8 QBR, 41:31 ratio
Temp 41-60 31 games: 85.8 QBR, 51:37 ratio

Brady Career splits
Indoors: 14 games, 103.1 QBR, 29:13 ratio
Outdoors: 151 games, 96 QBR, 278:103 ratio
Precipitation: 13 games, 94.2 QBR, 18:5 ratio
Windy: 58 games, 98.4 QBR, 113:35 ratio
Temp 41-60: 49 games, 97.6 QBR, 91:30 ratio

I think most of us are fully aware of Faulk's pathetic, lingering bitterness towards us...and are amused.

But ~ respectfully submitted ~ nobody could make sense of your gibberish...because it's gibberish.

And the fact that Warner has been demonstrably "Anti-Patriots" eliminated any chance of our being able to do more than guess at what you were attempting to put across...Which raises the question "Why should we?" when you can't even show us the common courtesy of formatting the OP in a way that makes the slightest sense.

Not trying to be overly harsh. And thanks for at least owning up to it, though.

That's more than many would do. :cool:

I appreciate your explanation. I made a typo. I typed "they" and should have typed "the". Believe it or not this is the first time i noticed it.:( Thanks for bolding it. I get now that Warner has been anti-Patriots too. That did make it more confusing. I honestly thought Faulk would be the apparent answer though. Actually I never revealed that I meant Faulk early on in the thread and I was kind of rebuked by one guy for singling Faulk out. So at least one other guy filtered through my gibberish. I guess I better proof read my posts before hitting submit from now on though.

Anyway, I guess I was just trying to set a rallying point for fans before the game. In the past, Faulk bashing used to be a sport here:)

Guess who the only one on the NFLN Thursday night crew picked Manning over Brady. Kurt Warner? Dion Sanders?, Marshall Faulk? Rich Eisen? Michael Irvin?

Yep. They rest shamed him on live TV:singing:

Let me get this straight, you got so upset and excited upon seeing the NFL Network predictions that you rushed over to your computer and began banging away at the keyboard without checking what you were writing.

You must be looking at this title through your mirror,should say
Sunday Brady Over Manning. Now That's More Like It!

OK, I looked it up so you don't have to hunt for it.
I appreciate the effort
Manning Career splits
Indoors: 112 games, 98.3 QBR, 231:102 TD:INT ratio.
Outdoors: 100 games, 91.4 QBR, 176:99 ratio
Precipitation: 8 games, 83.8 QBR, 11:10 ratio
Windy: 30 games, 82.8 QBR, 41:31 ratio
Temp 41-60 31 games: 85.8 QBR, 51:37 ratio

Brady Career splits
Indoors: 14 games, 103.1 QBR, 29:13 ratio
Outdoors: 151 games, 96 QBR, 278:103 ratio
Precipitation: 13 games, 94.2 QBR, 18:5 ratio
Windy: 58 games, 98.4 QBR, 113:35 ratio
Temp 41-60: 49 games, 97.6 QBR, 91:30 ratio
It's all lies anyhow (or cherry picked stats). I mean Brady has always had HoF talent while Manning has had to deal with JAGS, cast-offs and people who would only do well in his system :p

I think the outdoor effect is really why Brady spends so much time on his mechanics. For the conditions you have to be near perfect, any slight warble of the ball and it won't go where intended. At the end of the day, I wouldn't complain having manning as my QB, but Tom's my guy and no other QB I would want.

The answer to every question is Brady>Manning.

What was the question again?

Let me get this straight, you got so upset and excited upon seeing the NFL Network predictions that you rushed over to your computer and began banging away at the keyboard without checking what you were writing.

Look it fellow Pats fans I deserve a little ribbing, I get it, but lets not define me over a typo and misreading that you all would actually get that it was Faulk I was talking about. Great! You had your laughs and your umpteen likes for each other over ribbing me but enough with the piling on...No I didn't get so upset that I had to jump up and blindly type away incoherently. I happen to watch TV sometimes I am also on line with my laptop. Now, we've all biatched about these haters and especially Faulk from time to time, haven't we? The fact is Sherlocks:cool: it shouldn't have been that hard to figure out. I'll spell it out.

1. The title echoed the pick against us that the one "culprit" made from the Thursday night crew.
2. I asked everyone to guess who they thought it was.
3. Being I though it was a no no brainer for the average Pats fan(my fault) I gave you all credit for getting it and answered you all "Yep"
4. Now here's the typo that really threw you all for a loop. I meant to say "Yep. The rest all shamed(not sham as one poster surmised, shame(d)) him on live TV". Instead of "The" I typed "They" Obviously it messed up the whole sentence and it's on me to be clear but at the same time was it that hard to extract a simple one letter typo from the sentence to make sense of it? I know its not up to you but seriously,it isn't rocket science.

I posted it thinking it was some common ground we could rally around and have some fun doing it. I'm moving on. I'll be at the Game Sunday, I'm a passionate Pats fan and a season ticket holder. No hard feelings. Go Pats!

Last edited:
To my knowledge there is no set of conditions whatsoever where anyone, based on any logical reason, would prefer Manning to Brady...

After the 2006 AFCCG (still the worst loss I've had to stomach as a Pats fan) and the way we squandered a 13 point lead with less than 3 minutes left in the 4th and 2 game, I am always in awe of what Manning might do. Since 2005, Manning's late game heroics trump TB's…and I am just talking about Peyton, not Eli.

The answer to every question is Brady>Manning.

What was the question again?
I believe the question was how many Faulk's does it take to screw in a lightbulb?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back