PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mangold says it's looks good in playing sunday

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's why I like Connolly a lot

We seem to not have any problem like the Jets do when our starting center went down

The Jets don't have an all purpose quality backup ready to play any position OL on their roster like we do in Dan

We seem to not have any problem like the Jets do when our starting center went down

The Jets don't have an all purpose quality backup ready to play any position OL on their roster like we do in Dan

The Pats at least before the season started were far better off with depth. The Pats have been without two starters (Koppen and Vollmer) for weeks and haven't missed a beat. The Jets at full strength on the o-line still had problems (Wayne Hunter sucks and Vlad Ducasse is even worse) and have completely fallen apart by losing one player.

Connolly has looked much better at center than guard, and getting Waters has been huge for the Patriots. Ryan didn't go after Waters when he's got a poor left guard in Slauson and a bigger stiff behind him in Ducasse, and his line is feeling the impact of that non-move.

Connolly has looked much better at center than guard, and getting Waters has been huge for the Patriots. Ryan didn't go after Waters when he's got a poor left guard in Slauson and a bigger stiff behind him in Ducasse, and his line is feeling the impact of that non-move.

Agreed. I've been pleasantly surprised at how well Connolly has played at center. Haven't really noticed much of a difference since Koppen went down.

Agreed. I've been pleasantly surprised at how well Connolly has played at center. Haven't really noticed much of a difference since Koppen went down.

Connolly reminds me of former OL Hochstein.....never was a star but when you needed him to play and play well,he was there...Russ,like Dan was dependable to do a good job.

I agree w/ Froob & Uncle Bob: anything of Mangold > everything of Baxter.
I still hope that he sits out at least one more week, if not one more month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft