PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mangini the...hero?

Status
Not open for further replies.

richpats

Banned
Reaction score
OK, Mangini was a snitch and turned on his former team and mentor and I'll always hate him for that. I figure he turned on Belichick just to ruin the Pats' season and give his team hope - from his tampering track record this makes the most sense.....

...however....

....does anyone else get the feeling that Mangini just completely bailed out Belichick of this whole Spygate ordeal? He admitted that his team (and many others) break (or have broken) the same rule the Pats had broken. Of course he did sugarcoat it a little, thinking that it was OK as long as the team gave permission, but Mangini knew what he was saying and basically he said "everyone did it".

The reason this was spun out of proportion is that everyone thought the Pats used it to gain a competitive edge, one which may/may not have helped them win 3 Super Bowls. But, what if, videotaping provides relatively NO advantage whatsoever because EVERYONE does it?!!??! Instead of Belichick's dirty secret what if it's simply the NFL's dirty secret?

Since the Jets weren't caught in the act I'm not screaming for a first-rounder. You probably won't find any team videotaping these days so it's a dead issue. I bet Mangini figured that his videotaping days were over once he turned in Belichick.

I always knew that Belichick didn't do something horrible and this scandal was just a witch hunt gone wild. He broke a rule, but maybe his only crime was having someone snitch on him.

Re: Mangini the.....hero?

Its very possible that Mangina relized tht if he came forward and admitted taping himself that it would mitigate the circumstances he created. I don't think he understood the sh!t storm it would cause when he went to the league,and regrets doing it. The bottom line is i think he's just trying to cover his azz. Because of what a fool he looks like,and is going to look like the rest of the week,and after the rats get crushed. He really DOES look like a rat, for turning in the guy who gave him his start in football.

Am I mistaken, or did he not admit to also practicing the "recording with permission of the other team" this season?

Am I mistaken, or did he not admit to also practicing the "recording with permission of the other team" this season?

If he did or didn't it doesn't matter, you need evidence.

I'm not saying that 2 wrongs, or 32 wrongs make a right, but enough "wrongs" will make people question whether it is "wrong" at all.

I'm not saying that 2 wrongs, or 32 wrongs make a right, but enough "wrongs" will make people question whether it is "wrong" at all.
Wouldn't a confession be considered strong evidence in a court of law?

If he is doing it now, after the first week of the season, then they deserve to be fined a 2nd and 3rd round pick, and fined $750,000, and you could argue that the punishment should be higher since they unequivocally ignored the NFL's "warnings."

And, yes, a confession is plenty evidence.

Nope. The law is a funny thing.

EDIT: To clarify, the Jets had the TAPE in their hands. What do we have? Nothing. We have his words. How is the NFL supposed to punish him? Didn't Moss once admit to smoking marijuana? Did the NFL bust him? Nope, because you need the evidence first.

Last edited:

Mangini is NOT a HERO. He is ZERO for many reasons:

1- If he knows everybody does it, why did he snitch.? Without his boss recommendation, he is not where he is. What did he expect to gain from doing that.? Did he expect the NFL league to give him a medal for his bravery.? So far, nobody gives him anything.

2- he tries to get our sympathy and hopes that we don't beat his team bad this Sun. That is why he is acting cool lately. If you don't want loose, you should not play the game. He played the game and he and his team are going to pay for it this Sun when he is not competent enough.

3- When you leave your organization, what happens in the organization should not be mentioned and leaked and I don't care how bad you were mistreated during your time there. He broke the rule.Therefore, he is not a good person at all.

4- How great is he.? Not that great. His team record speaks for itself. You would think that he had learned a lot of things from BB when he was at Pat team. As far as i'm concerned, he is done and finished. I will not be suprised to see Jet has a new coach next year.

5-I find it very interesting to see Mangini criticize our Pat for videotaping when he encourages his people doing the same thing. Why was his person kicked out.? Because he was not doing it in an 'approved' zone. His character is questionable. I will not be suprised if it was his own idea while he was at Pats.

Last edited:

No, he's still a douche.

Just incase you guys don’t remember, the patriots had permission from the other teams to film as well. They used the excuse that they were filming for extra team footage for the purpose of creating patriot DVDs after the season and were given a field pass. The entire issue with permission is null, as trigger happy Goodell proved with his punishment to the patriots. It is however, nice to see that Mangini is trying to help is old friend Belicheck out, by revealing that this was a common practice and he more then likely never intended for it to end up as it did. (You can blame that on the media, and our horrible new commish)

I think its now obvious what happened here. The Jets tried to film us in our second regular season game at Foxboro and with Belicheck knowing that we had a 50% chance of playing them in the playoffs he wanted to gain any possible advantage, so he kicked out there camera man. Now come the regular season next year we kick off our schedule against the Jets, and Mangini wants to repay Belicheck, so he catches our camera man and sends it into the league hoping to put an exclamation on his disapproval of us messing with their video shenanigans when they had previously let us video tape at their stadium. What happened after that was completely out of Mangini's control.

Last edited:

A more appropriate title for this thread would be "Mangini... hapless moron?" He tried to destroy BB's reputation earlier in the year, when a simple word from him would have stopped the whole tempest in a teacup. He was silent then and would have remained silent now if he hadn't felt the heat himself after the Newsday report.

Last edited:

The Commish has a chance to prove he is harsh but fair by dealing with Mangini and the other teams who still defiantly conspire to tape games illegally.

I can't believe that after all the brouhaha over taping that teams would still have the hubris to do it.

Just incase you guys don’t remember, the patriots had permission from the other teams to film as well. They used the excuse that they were filming for extra team footage for the purpose of creating patriot DVDs after the season and were given a field pass. The entire issue with permission is null, as trigger happy Goodell proved with his punishment to the patriots. It is however, nice to see that Mangini is trying to help is old friend Belicheck out, by revealing that this was a common practice and he more then likely never intended for it to end up as it did. (You can blame that on the media, and our horrible new commish)

I think its now obvious what happened here. The Jets tried to film us in our second regular season game at Foxboro and with Belicheck knowing that we had a 50% chance of playing them in the playoffs he wanted to gain any possible advantage, so he kicked out there camera man. Now come the regular season next year we kick off our schedule against the Jets, and Mangini wants to repay Belicheck, so he catches our camera man and sends it into the league hoping to put an exclamation on his disapproval of us messing with their video shenanigans when they had previously let us video tape at their stadium. What happened after that was completely out of Mangini's control.

The point is if he wants to help his boss out, he SHOULD talk about it in the beginning of the seaon when thing went SOUTH BUT he DID NOT DO that.

Now, he feels bad about it and knows that there will be no point of return when his team arrives at Boston. Suddenly, he *changed* his heart. This is BS.

You can't turn around and say that it's not your intention AFTER stabbing somebody else back.

If he wanted to payback, he should ONLY kick the Pat cam guy out of the stadium the same way we DID. No, he and his people asked NFL league to INVOLVE into this mess.

He or his organization created more problems. He is a completely B****ter and SORE LOOSER .

He and Jet MUST be HUMILIATED this Sun for the BS that they did. Everything he is saying and doing at this point is MEANINGLESS.

At this point, it is too late for apology because he and his team has more than 3 months to clarify but they did not do anything to improve the situation.

why the hell did they make a big deal out of it when everybody is doing it.?

Last edited:

A party admission is admissible unless given under duress, the threat of physical force.. 'Fess up rat or we'll beat by more than 70 points......'
'please don't, I'll talk, uncle, uncle'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick