PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

"Make a #$@%($% play"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like I said, Brady has gone after Wes Welker and some of the OLineman.

So... I'm not sure that Brady is doing it to motivate underachievers. I mean, Wes Welker is supposedly the hardest working player on the team.

Brady yelling at Welker is different than him yelling at Butler. Yelling at Welker, the savvy veteran, if he screws up Brady's competitive side gets pissed at him for that play. When he yells at Butler, the second year player, Brady is trying to push and make him a better player.

Do I love it? YES!

But...should the offense really start yelling at the defense? I mean, do we expect Mayo to yell "MAKE A ***** PASS!" on the sideline if Brady is having a bad game? I think Brady should motivate the offense and someone on the defense needs to step up with the motivating.

But hey, maybe after last week he's just sick of it.

I don't think there are many players in the NFL who can get away with yelling at the guys on the other side of the ball to "make a play" during a game, because doing so carries with it the implication that you can be relied on to "make plays" on your end and are ready to take the blame if you don't. (What is said in the locker room is another matter and "stays in the locker room.")

Brady is clearly one of those players who can get away with it; Peyton could, maybe Brees.

I can't think of any player on the Pat's D, expect maybe Big Vincent, who has earned that right. Clearly, no one would have questioned it if Rodney or Richard or Brewski had done it when they were here.

Butler has completely lost it as a player...he should be inactive vst he Jets. Thank goodness they drafted Devin Mc. If you have no confidence in your abilities you shouldn't be playing CB in the NFL. YOU cannot give every average WR in the NFL a Ten yard Cushion Darius! His days as a Patriot CB are numbered mark it down!

Last edited:
Did anyone else notice Brady yelling at Butler?

I am at home sick today and decided to rewatch the Patriots/Lions game since I had cousins screaming the whole time on Thanksgiving. At the end of the game, with around 2:52 left the Lions just completed a pass on the sideline to Johnson with Butler in soft coverage. The camera focuses in on Brady as they are announcing he won the Phil Simms award and you can see and here Brady yell "Darius, make a big play!" and he looks pissed. Anyone else catch this?
Is this Brady trying to pump up the young corner or is he mad at him for playing such soft coverage that he gave up an easy 15 yard play?

Thoughts?

Re: Did anyone else notice Brady yelling at Butler?

I am at home sick today and decided to rewatch the Patriots/Lions game since I had cousins screaming the whole time on Thanksgiving. At the end of the game, with around 2:52 left the Lions just completed a pass on the sideline to Johnson with Butler in soft coverage. The camera focuses in on Brady as they are announcing he won the Phil Simms award and you can see and here Brady yell "Darius, make a big play!" and he looks pissed. Anyone else catch this?
Is this Brady trying to pump up the young corner or is he mad at him for playing such soft coverage that he gave up an easy 15 yard play?

Thoughts?
I think this shows that Brady knows Butler has the talent to be a successful CB in the league but hasn't been playing up to par so far this year. He wants Butler to be successful with the opportunities given to him.

It really is the leader of the team trying to urge a struggling young player to turn things around.

Thoughts?

We won.

We are 9-2.

You watched the entire game and yet the only thing you found notable was something negative.

My thoughts are you are a glass half empty type of person.

you can see and here Brady yell "Darius, make a big play!" and he looks pissed.

I think it was a little more explicit than that.

I don't see a problem with it, just because the games over you shouldn't let up and Brady made sure Butler knows that.

I wanna know if TB is still limping around with that foot.:mad:I am worried about that.

We won.

We are 9-2.

You watched the entire game and yet the only thing you found notable was something negative.

I dunno. I am always interested in how the players all interact with each other. Team dynamics interest lots of people.

I didn't read where the OP wrote that it was the only thing he found notable.

Last edited:

We won.

We are 9-2.

Man, he was just asking Lol...

This team has changed drastically (especially on defense)... from a slower, sit-back-on-your-heels-and-wait-for-the-offense-to-come-to-you defense, to a faster, hit-somebody type of defense. Anyone who isn't playing full out and aggressively is going to stick out like a sore thumb.

I love how Brady is leading this team. He's demanding perfection

A thread discussing this very topic already exists.:D

I'll link it if I can find it.

Found it for ya! Merged.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Back