PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

LSU vs Alabama

Status
Not open for further replies.

NePatriots

PatsFans.com Draftnik
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
If you want a fantastic preview of all the 2012 NFL Draft prospects in this game, check out this piece from Matthew Elder, who writes for our sister site BuffaloBillsDraft.com

26 Prospects, 4000 words, one heck of a game.

LSU vs Bama NFL Draft Preview

good read. Keeping a close eye on the defenses, especially Kirkpatrick, Claiborne and Upshaw.

Great article. Thanks alot for posting it.

Given the quality of the safety position in this game and our lack of talent after Chung at the position it will be interesting to watch. I think Lester would make a good pairing with Chung and give us a guy who's the ball hawk we are missing back there. If he declares and runs well at the combine he might shoot up to the top of the second round or even the bottom of the first.

I'm really excited to watch Jesse Williams play. Its good to see an Aussie playing for an elite college program like Alabama. I would like to say that it will increase the popularity of the sport out here if he does well, but thats unlikely. Either way I hope the kid does well, and from what I've heard has has a pretty bright future.

Given the quality of the safety position in this game and our lack of talent after Chung at the position it will be interesting to watch. I think Lester would make a good pairing with Chung and give us a guy who's the ball hawk we are missing back there. If he declares and runs well at the combine he might shoot up to the top of the second round or even the bottom of the first.

I wonder when the Safetys are gonna be picked in this draft. On the board it seems we have 4 QB:s and is it 4 CBs going really high, include 4 top LBs, 5 with Upshaw and we havent even started on the WRs yet. Include the odd picks and we are almost through first round. I am not sure we use a 1st on a S. Seems to expensive, but will Lester or McDonald be available when our 2nd comes around ?

I'm really excited to watch Jesse Williams play. Its good to see an Aussie playing for an elite college program like Alabama. I would like to say that it will increase the popularity of the sport out here if he does well, but thats unlikely. Either way I hope the kid does well, and from what I've heard has has a pretty bright future.

then don't forget Wing for LSU :)

I wonder when the Safetys are gonna be picked in this draft. On the board it seems we have 4 QB:s and is it 4 CBs going really high, include 4 top LBs, 5 with Upshaw and we havent even started on the WRs yet. Include the odd picks and we are almost through first round. I am not sure we use a 1st on a S. Seems to expensive, but will Lester or McDonald be available when our 2nd comes around ?

It's way to early to guess. It depends on who comes out, how different teams grade them, how they do at the combine and how desperate teams are at the position. Every year there's a couple of wow picks. Just look at last year with Ponder and Locker going in the top 10. Nobody had that. It's not just QB either. Tyson Alualu and Ryan Mathews the year before were in the top 15 and nobody had them going there.

Somebody could make an argument for them all going in the 20's and somebody else saying they'll all grade out into 3rd round picks and it would be hard to dispute it. There's very few players you look at and say solid start of the second round, etc.

Can't wait. Gonna be a great game. I'll be watching the two safeties on Bama's defense and Courtney Upshaw. I think Bama's defense is going to be able to shut down LSU's offense. And, the Tide win 23-13 or so. But, if the game is close headed into the 4th quarter. LSU might have the more explosive game-breakers who can make a big play to turn the game in their favor. Defensive td by the Honey Badger, INT or return by Clairborne. I like Randle more than Bama's wr's.

Barring turnovers I think it's a 3 or 4 point game one way or the other and I'd be surprised if either team scores more than 24. Home field should help Bama. I think the team that has the better rushing defense and controls the LOS wins. I like LSU 20-17 but I have zero confidence in that pick. Too close to call.

I think this one lives up to the hype.

An intense hard-hitting game where both defenses frustrate the hell out of the other teams offense is fine with me. Fantasy boys don't like it. But, it's the kind of football I like. Of course, I went to Penn St and we're still playing like that....LOL

The positions mentioned already plus all the OTs hopefully send our FS of the future into our arms in the 2nd round.

Barring turnovers I think it's a 3 or 4 point game one way or the other and I'd be surprised if either team scores more than 24. Home field should help Bama. I think the team that has the better rushing defense and controls the LOS wins. I like LSU 20-17 but I have zero confidence in that pick. Too close to call.

Interesting fact I heard on the radio: over the last ~40 #1 v. #2 games, the road team has won ~2/3 of the time. :eek:

Interesting fact I heard on the radio: over the last ~40 #1 v. #2 games, the road team has won ~2/3 of the time. :eek:

This statistic is probably a bit flawed, since many of those games were played at neutral sites (BCS Title, BCS Bowl or conference championship).

Last edited:
The hitting....I LOVE IT.

Any of these defense will work for us. Can we borrow them?

Mr. Robert Kraft is at the game right now. Kidnap them and fly em into Foxboro. :D

Awesome defensive game. I would be happy if Mr. Kraft even came home with a D (or even O) coordinator from either coaching staff.

Funny you mention that, I was thinking with as many draft picks BB usually stockpiles, maybe he'll just draft the whole defense of either team.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes