PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Lot Of Special Teamers On The 53

Status
Not open for further replies.

mgteich

PatsFans.com Veteran
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
We have our two top veterans SLATER and WHITE.
We also have TARP, IHEDIGBO, and MOLDEN.

How many of these do you guys think will still be on the roster for Game 2? To my mind, we have needs for a safety, offensive lineman or two, and a blocking tight end.

BOTTOM LINE
1) I really like our 15 front seven players plus either WHITE or TARP as the STer and 16th.
2) We need to add a veteran safety. I would then lose both IHEDIGBO and MOLDEN. The resulting 9 secondary players including lots of top special teamers.
3) The result of the above would yield a solid 25 man defense (all experienced except Dowling), and allow the offense to add a couple of players at OL, TE or even RB.
4) This really isn't a huge shopping list.
5) Our PUP list provides for extra depth at DL, RB and OL.

Some would think of this as a 51 man roster.

We have our two top veterans SLATER and WHITE.
We also have TARP, IHEDIGBO, and MOLDEN.

How many of these do you guys think will still be on the roster for Game 2? To my mind, we have needs for a safety, offensive lineman or two, and a blocking tight end.

BOTTOM LINE
1) I really like our 15 front seven players plus either WHITE or TARP as the STer and 16th.
2) We need to add a veteran safety. I would then lose both IHEDIGBO and MOLDEN. The resulting 9 secondary players including lots of top special teamers.
3) The result of the above would yield a solid 25 man defense (all experienced except Dowling), and allow the offense to add a couple of players at OL, TE or even RB.
4) This really isn't a huge shopping list.
5) Our PUP list provides for extra depth at DL, RB and OL.

And if Morris comes back that adds further to ST depth.

2) We need to add a veteran safety. I would then lose both IHEDIGBO and MOLDEN.

IMO a lot depends on how they plan to use Dowling and Molden. If one of them becomes primarily a safety, then the other is necessary as CB #4/5.

As good as Tracy White's been, he'd be my first cut. Tarpinian is young, fast and intriguing, and Ihedigbo does have some value on defense.

I see no advantage in having a younger special teamer. We are comparing players with one year contracts. Either Tarp is better than White or he isn't.

I don't get this need for a 10th defensive back and a 5th corner. We have Bodden, McCourty, Arrington, and Butler. And we have Dowling who presumably be used more as a safety. Perhaps that because we already have four corners.

Four corners and four safeties plus Dowling who can do either seems likely plenty, even in a pass happy league.

The 10th defensive back is a special teamer and competes with White and Tarp and Morris for roster spots.

IMO a lot depends on how they plan to use Dowling and Molden. If one of them becomes primarily a safety, then the other is necessary as CB #4/5.

As good as Tracy White's been, he'd be my first cut. Tarpinian is young, fast and intriguing, and Ihedigbo does have some value on defense.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference