Not open for further replies.

Tunescribe

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
2023 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Wow, these guys are full of sour grapes. They go on to accuse Wilfork of more cheap shots from other games.

From the Bills' web site today:

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=5321

Not long after New England defensive tackle Vince Wilfork was fined $12,000 by the league for his late hit that buckled J.P. Losman's left knee on the first play from scrimmage last Sunday, Bills players were questioning the severity of the penalty.
The victim in the incident isn't sure the punishment fit the crime.
"I know there are some people that are saying that he deliberately did this and if that's the case then I don't think it's enough," Losman told buffalobills.com. "I don't think you can fine somebody enough money to justify it. (The fine) is really nothing, but I really don't know what a proper punishment would be."
Bills safety Coy Wire, who is recovering from a sprained MCL much like Losman, doesn't believe the penalty is strong enough either.

"It doesn't seem justified," Wire said. "Is justice served? Is $12,000 worth your starting quarterback missing however many games? I don't think so."
Bills guard Derrick Dockery was fined $5,000 for not buckling his chin strap in last week's game. For him it was obvious that his infraction compared to Wilfork's shouldn't even be in the same financial stratosphere.
"You look at it and think that it's not fair, but the league made it that way," Dockery said. "They come up with the decisions and we have to abide by them and live by them. But you would think it would have been worse than what it was. You thought he would have been fined much more compared to what I got for not buckling my chin strap."
Wilfork was quoted by NFL Network as saying the hit wasn't intentional. But Losman says there's just one person that knows the truth.
"As a player I think you realize you're in a tough sport," said Losman. "You realize that deep down inside that nobody wants to hurt anybody intentionally. But there's only one person who knows if he tried to do something deliberately."
After the fined was levied against him the Patriots' defensive tackle stated that he's not one to hand out cheap shots.
"I'm far from a dirty player," Wilfork told the NFL Network. "If you know me as a person, you'd understand that. If you don't know me, don't judge me. If you don't know me, get to know me."
But this is not the first time Wilfork has been accused of playing dirty against the Bills. In a Bills-Patriots game in Buffalo on Oct. 3, 2004, Wilfork was accused by former Bills offensive linemen Jonas Jennings and Chris Villarrial of taking cheap shots at them during the game.
The incident happened behind the play. Following a six-yard completion from Drew Bledsoe to Eric Moulds, Jennings who was blocking Richard Seymour on the play was blindsided by Wilfork who initiated a helmet-to-helmet hit on the Buffalo tackle.
The hit cracked Jennings helmet near his jaw and Jennings was knocked out cold sustaining a concussion.
"It was almost like it was premeditated, like they set me up," Jennings told the Associated Press at the time.
Jennings had exchanged words with Wilfork earlier in that game when he saw the defensive tackle kick Villarrial in the ribs when he was on the ground following a first quarter field goal by Rian Lindell.
"It was a dirty thing to do," Villarrial told the AP a few days after the game. "Let's be obvious, anybody that's down on the ground, you don't kick them."
Losman, who was a rookie with the Bills that season, said he remembered the incident.

Wilfork reportedly has tried to reach out to apologize to Losman, but Buffalo's quarterback doesn't see the purpose of it.
"I don't think there's an apology needed," said Losman. "I'm not looking for an apology. At this point the damage is done. An apology will do nothing at this point. I'm fortunate that it wasn't as serious as I thought initially. So the quicker I get back on the field, the quicker this won't be as much of an issue, but it could have been a serious injury that would have taken a long time to come back from."
As far as Losman is concerned he has put the hit behind him. He's more focused on getting back on the field.
"Right now my mind is clouded with trying to get my knee better," he said. "My mind is not really thinking about the hit. I watched the tape once and it was enough for me. It was pretty nasty. It looked like he had an opportunity to pull up. He's trying to make a play for his team and its football, but I think he got off easy."

It was non-intentional.
They should just stfu and try and win a few games this year.
Losman is lucky to have a job.
Bills mgmt is trying to save face after having spent a high draft pick on him.
Otherwise he'd be gone already.

Last edited:
It was non-intentional.
They should just stfu and try and win a few games this year.
Losman is lucky to have a job.
Bills mgmt is trying to save face after having spent a high draft pick on him.
Otherwise he'd be gone already.

I'm kind of surprised they would put this kind of inflammatory stuff up on the team's official web site. Maybe that's what happens when a team is struggling as badly as the Bills.

Funny thing is the Miami native Wilfork was a bills fan as a kid. Poor guy can't catch a break :-D

Tough to blame Losman for feeling this way -

While I've got no doubt Wilfork was trying to take Losman down as he was falling, and there's no question a fine was in order - Wilfork is not the type of guy to actually want to injure a player.

Losman's got the added frustration in that he was close to losing his job - now he can't compete. I'd be as upset or more upset than he's expressed if it were me... but he shouldn't delude himself that Wilfork was trying to injure him.

The rule is what it is - primarilly because injuries like this can happen - and therefore Wilfork's fine is appropriate - but those things happen on a ton of plays every Sunday and the guys just walk away uninjured. Just unfortunate in this case that Losman didn't walk away - but football is a tough game.

Tough to blame Losman for feeling this way -

While I've got no doubt Wilfork was trying to take Losman down as he was falling, and there's no question a fine was in order

No doubt? Really? Despite what Wilfork has publicly said? I have no doubt that Wilfork is a victim of a hate crime.

I agree with the fine. Have no problem as he did lift his elbow on the play. Was it an deliberate attempt to injure? NOPE, and I'm quite sure that the league felt the same way and levied a minimal fine at him. It's a token fine that basically say's (to Wilfork and the rest of the league), we're serious about our QB's so play nice.

I'm sure, given the new "Go to jail, go directly to jail, and do not pass go" mentality of the league that if they felt the Wilfork had intentionally went at his knees in an attempt to injure, they would would have smacked him with a bigger fine.

As for the Bills.................... STFU, and focus on football, then perhaps you might be competitive in one of the games at some point down the road :rolleyes:

Losmen is a terrible QB and for the sake of Bills fans anywhere, Vince might have help to usher in the "Edwards era". They will come to thank him one day.

You know what Vince? Don't apologize to this sack of sh!t. :mad:

Last edited:
You know what Vince? Don't apologize to this sack of sh!t. :mad:

Eh, the Pats will probably offer a formal "apology" in a few weeks out in Buffalo. :D

"I don't think you can fine somebody enough money to justify it. (The fine) is really nothing, but I really don't know what a proper punishment would be."

True. A proper punishment would be a prison sentence. Goodell, get on that please.

"It doesn't seem justified," Wire said. "Is justice served? Is $12,000 worth your starting quarterback missing however many games? I don't think so."

You're right. A lifetime sentence without the possibility for parole for Wilfork, now that's "justice".

I felt bad for Losman because he got hurt, but my God talk about the whiniest whiner who ever whined. Dude, you'll be back in a couple of weeks. You got hit low, it was not attempted murder. Get over yourself.

I guess Losman's never apologized for anything in his life.

You don't like it Losman? - Then have your f*cking OL guys block better and keep Vince away from your sorry ***** - Blame those fat lazy overpaid morons you have protecting you. (if I were a Patriots player defending VW this is what I would say)

Considering how the Bills played, it was Losman who got off easy.

Right. I'm sure Wilfork intentionally hurt one of the worst QBs in the league. You try to *keep* guys like that in the game. You don't try to take them out.

Considering how the Bills played, it was Losman who got off easy.

For Cripes sakes, it's football, not ballet. You just might get hurt if you play the game.

Thank God the Pats never say crap like this. I would be so dissapointed and ashamed if they whined about; "The better team didn't win." "He took a cheap shot at me." "They stole our Superbowl." "He hurt my knee." "He broke my helmet." "They mocked our 'lights out' dance." "They stole our signals...it's the only way they could have beaten us."

It's beyond pathetic.

Man up you ****ies. Accept the guy's apology. Wait until the next time you play the team and flatten somebody. You'll feel much better. The Bills will never win anything acting like this. Their coach should give them all a big tall glass of STFU.

They should thank Wilfork for doing a "Mo Lewis"

Maybe next time..the score is run up past 55???? I would..take no mercy on whiners like that...Losman sucks as a QB...and maybe Edwards is better..we'll see...as was said it was a Mo Lewis thing...but must remember..add another 30K to the fine..for the Patriots...they always get hit with more..

Maybe next time..the score is run up past 55???? I would..take no mercy on whiners like that...

What you want to do is score enough to win and get out of the stadium. Running up the score on people is unprofessional and does nothing but set you up to sustain injuries.

I wonder if Losman will think it "justified" when the Bills select a qb early in round 1. My guess is no. :D

You know, at first, I hated all of this negative talk about our team, but now I like it. I think it's funny when teams get beaten so bad by the Pats that they start crying to the media like this.

I wonder if Vince was on some visiting teams message boards that are calling for someone to take out Brady's knees? I know that the jests have a tool named Moga that wants both of Tommy's knees taken out and I believe I also saw a similiar thread on a Bills forum.

Karma?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents