PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Looks like the Arena League is... BACK?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrueBeliever

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
Well this is interesting.

The other day I looked up the Green Bay Blizzard's schedule for this year and was surprised to see that they are now a member of something called the IFL - the Indoor Football League. Last I had heard, though the Arena League was in rough shape, the smaller af2 was doing fine, right?

Well apparently the Arena League proper went bankrupt, and since it was a majority owner in af2, the latter was dissolved as well. So now there's a new Arena Football League (which was originally going to be called Arena Football 1) made up of teams from the old Arena League (which is now considered defunct) and af2, while a bunch of the af2 teams are now in this IFL.

Check it out for yourself: Arena Football League | Online Newsroom

And here's the IFL's website, if you're interested: goifl.com: Home

Now here's where it gets even more complicated - the Green Bay Bombers, who played arena football before the Blizzard, were also in a league called the Indoor Football League (which as far as I can tell is not related to the current one.)

I am really surprised that the Arena League came back so soon. I also plan on making it to at least one Blizzard game this year. A friend of mine is still a big fan of Gilbert Brown (who used to play for the Packers) and he's the coach of the La Crosse team, so we'll probably go see them play against Green Bay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes