PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Looking ahead to the Colts

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Colts passing attack is worse than Denver's and the Pats did fairly well against them. The Colts rushing attack is not credible this year at 70 YPG. Manning has thrown almost as many interceptions as he has TDs. The Colts are not the same team they were last year, either through age or injuries.

I suspect the theme of the Pats, this year and the past few years, is pressure. The secondary post-2003 with the rule emphasis cannot hold receivers forever. It will get carved up by good QBs. With that said, the Colts do not have the line to avoid pressure consistently and Manning does not appear as elusive as he has been.

As far as "must win," if the Colts lose to the Titans they are 4 back and likely done as far as the division title goes (the Titans would need to play .500 ball or lower for the rest of the season to lose the division). As far as wild card, they are a long way from done with 9 games left. I would be more concerned with the rivalry and pride issues than "must win" games.

I don't believe the Colts are a better team right now, so unless the Pats come out flat as they did against the Fish or Bolts it should be a game. The Colts have as many issues as the Pats do, so I would not predict a blowout on ability. If Belichick can dissect their line and defense, I hope we can enjoy another nail-biter like the Broncos game.

Colts passing attack will eviscerate our DBs.

Be interesting to see how Cassel does, very interesting.

I predict something like 35-10 Colts. Sorry.

Just curious but have you actually watched a Colts game this season? If you have then you would realize that their passing game is out of synch.

- Manning is working off the rust and has played better since the first two weeks, but honestly that isn't saying much.

- Harrison has lost a couple of steps and no longer demands a double coverage. He has a had a few moments, but he is clearly not close to what he used to be.

- Wayne is the real deal and their only consistent receiver.

- Gonzalez is far to inconsistent, drops easy passes, doesn't sit in the soft part (or opening) of the zone, doesn't make the tough catches etc... I can only imaging how frustrated Manning must be with him.

- Clarke is injury proned and every time he takes a half way decent shot he leaves the field.

- But most importantly their line is a wreck, worse than ours when it comes to injuries, and they are struggling to give Manning time.

- And their run game sucks.

Alot will have to change over the next week for them to score 35 points. And please don't point to the Ravens game as proof that their offense can score. The Ravens turned the ball over 5 times and they didn't have Mcgahee. He left with bum ribs (I believe) and Flacco couldn't move the offense with out any threat of a run game, especially after they got down so quick.

Last edited:
Great points, there run d is soft I expect the pats to control the clock with the rushing attack, iam guessing over 30 carries for over 150.

provided Jordan and Morris are back.....

we'll really need to get the running game going next week.

The colts season is practically hanging on tomorrow night. They aren't that great to begin with (at least not compared to years past) so they will be giving their all. Hopefully this will exhaust them for our game next week. If they lose to the Titans I see a long slippery slope for the Colts.

Last edited:
The colts season is practically hanging on tomorrow night. They aren't that great to begin with (at least not compared to years past) sot they will be giving thier all. Hopefully this will exhaust them for out game next week. If they lost to the Titans I see a long slippery slope for the Colts.

I agree. People are discounting the emotional toll of a loss for the Colts tomorrow night assuming they lose. How are the Colts going to react that less than midway through their season that they are out of the division race barring some kind of miracle? Are they bring so much emotion into this game because they desperately need it that they won't have much left after a crushing loss on a short week? What will the physical toll be on a finesse team going up against a smash-you-in-the-mouth team like the Titans (the Pats have knocked the Colts off their game for a game or two by roughing them up)?

Running game should be key. With Morris and Jordan back, it could be a grinding win. Put an extra OL as a TE and just try to run over them.

Indy will be totally focused on Pats, and the speakers will be going full blast.

I thought Bulger was horrific today. He seemed to want to get rid of the
ball instead of looking for an open receiver. I think Manning will handle the
pass rush much better. We will have to outscore them IMO.

Good point.

I guess I'm apologizing b/c every time I say something like that people have their blood boiling and get mad, calling me troll, jets fan, etc.

Rather than apoligizing then, try learning something about football before you post utter garbage. Unless of course that's just part of your stealth troll act...

If the colts lose tommorow night, they will be desparate, and playing at home. Even if the colts win, they are almost as desparate. Perhaps that wouldn't mean much except that (to be gentle) our defensive back field is a developing one that we hope will be average by December. At very least, we need a heathy Hobbs and O'Neal.

If the colts lose tommorow night, they will be desparate, and playing at home. Even if the colts win, they are almost as desparate. Perhaps that wouldn't mean much except that (to be gentle) our defensive back field is a developing one that we hope will be average by December. At very least, we need a heathy Hobbs and O'Neal.

I still think they are more dangerous if they win tomorrow night. If they win, they are desperate with hope. If they lose, they are desperate with hope fading away.

Rather than apoligizing then, try learning something about football before you post utter garbage. Unless of course that's just part of your stealth troll act...

I never post "utter garbage", troll, unless you consider anything non Pats homerific to be garbage. And the homer stuff I post is called gargabe too.

I think the Pats DBs get slaughtered. We'll see. I realize the colts aren't the colts of old, but they don't need to be against the pats dbs. They are bad. Our DL is slow as molasses, even if colts had no OL it wouldn't matter.

I never post "utter garbage", troll, unless you consider anything non Pats homerific to be garbage. And the homer stuff I post is called gargabe too.

I think the Pats DBs get slaughtered. We'll see. I realize the colts aren't the colts of old, but they don't need to be against the pats dbs. They are bad. Our DL is slow as molasses, even if colts had no OL it wouldn't matter.

Seriously your just annoying now, go out n try n get laid man seems like you got too much tension built up...

We need to run the ball next week. Alot. Pretty much the only gripe I had with today's effort was we didn't run enough with BJE and alot of the runs were from the Shotgun. Seemed most of BJE's carries were in 'must-run' situations too. I'm almost certain we won't have Morris/Jordan next week. If we can't trust BJE to carry the load then pick someone up.

Last edited:
Isnt Lamont Jordan no playing almost a guarantee just like Maroney was?:rolleyes:

I'll be back after tomorrow's game with more input. Sanders and Addai are out and looking to be ready for the Patriots game. Hayden may be back at corner as well, though he seems the least likely to play. The o-line is getting closer to getting back to normal. Not quite sure what is going on with Ugoh, I have head that he is still struggling with his leg injury. Tomorrow my show more. Once he comes back that moves Johnson over to tackle and a rookie back to the bench. I think the difference between the Colts passing attack and Denver's is hopefully the Colts will be healthy unlike the Broncos. I don't know how much effect the Titans game will have, I think win or lose (as long as they stay healthy) the Colts will be up for the game. Bob coming back will be a lift.

I realize the colts aren't the colts of old, but they don't need to be against the pats dbs. They are bad. Our DL is slow as molasses, even if colts had no OL it wouldn't matter.

I'll agree the cornerbacks are suspect, but no way the DL is slow as molasses.

I'll be back after tomorrow's game with more input. Sanders and Addai are out and looking to be ready for the Patriots game. Hayden may be back at corner as well, though he seems the least likely to play. The o-line is getting closer to getting back to normal. Not quite sure what is going on with Ugoh, I have head that he is still struggling with his leg injury. Tomorrow my show more. Once he comes back that moves Johnson over to tackle and a rookie back to the bench. I think the difference between the Colts passing attack and Denver's is hopefully the Colts will be healthy unlike the Broncos. I don't know how much effect the Titans game will have, I think win or lose (as long as they stay healthy) the Colts will be up for the game. Bob coming back will be a lift.

Hey welcome back, haven't seen you around for a while. I would definitley like to get your input on your team and what you think of the season so far and your outlook on the remainder of the season.

The Titans might just come out, grab all of our players by the throats, lift them up, and start pummeling them through their face masks. Hopefully Dungy and the Colts will be smart enough to take advantage of all that adrenalin that will be running through their roid raged bodies. Perhaps those douche bags will over persue, play beyond the whistle, and otherwise show their ineptness on offense. Two in a row and the Colts are right back in the fold.

It's going to be strange with both teams a little out of synch, after the previous year's games, which always seemed to be the NFL's biggest regular season's games - especially last year's. In a way though, the three games after next week - Bills, Jets and Dolphins - are more important for the Pats than the game against the Colts this year. Probably been about six years since I even considered thinking that way. Odd to think a loss to the Colts won't be so bad as long as we beat the Bills.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call