PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Looking ahead to the Colts

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's going to be strange with both teams a little out of synch, after the previous year's games, which always seemed to be the NFL's biggest regular season's games - especially last year's. In a way though, the three games after next week - Bills, Jets and Dolphins - are more important for the Pats than the game against the Colts this year. Probably been about six years since I even considered thinking that way. Odd to think a loss to the Colts won't be so bad as long as we beat the Bills.
This, IMO, will be a bigger game for the Colts. WE may be battling for a wildcard, whereas, NE has a legit shot at their Division. Would be nice to have the tie break advantage.

My personal opinion is that we are still very soft in the secondary particularly with a long field and if Manning gets even a little time back there, their recievers are going to have a field day

Without a running game as well they can drop more guys back in coverage and force Cassel to be very accurate

To win I think the front 7 have to get some pressure on Manning, the secondary cant play 10 yards off Wayne/Clark, Mayo/Guyton will have to cover the seam and Clark and we have to keep the ball and score on offense

While I think Cassel and the O will do OK right now I think we get outscored. They'll be well up for this game as always

For me personally, when Manning is playing, I'm worried. I've seen him throw too many TDs against us over the years, and I'm not convinced that our DBs are up to that kind of challenge (yet). Wilfork and Seymour need to pressure Manning up the middle so he can't step up and get comfortable in the pocket.

Hobbs being back will be a big help - he gets beaten occasionally, but he's still our best cover back, and he seems to always have a big play or 2 in him.

If Cassel and company can control the ball and convert red zone opportunities into TDs, we have a good chance. That's true on any given week, but even more so against an offense that has the talent that Indy has. We need to keep the ball out of their offense's hands as much as possible and wear down that undersized DL by running the ball right at them.

How's the crowd noise at the new stadium? How about the temperature? :) I think having back to back games versus the Titans and the Pats will take its toll on Indy, no doubt - that's 2 pretty physical teams in 6 days against a finesse/speed type team. I like our chances in the 2nd half if the game is close at halftime; I think Indy will be wearing down by then.

I'm fully prepared for a Colt's win tonight. I know it's unlikely, but wouldn't be surprised if the Collins led Titans don't score enough, and Peyton gets off to a good start and puts the Titans in a hole. (see also Colts/Ravens 2 weeks ago)
Then we'll get to endure all the ESPN ball washing of Manning & the Colts, 'heart of a champion', blah, blah crap for an entire week leading up to next week's game.

If Morris and Jordan are still out, I really don't like the idea of getting into a shootout with the Colts at home. Wayne is proving to be a stud and Harrison is good enough against our soft coverage secondary. What's the status of Addai? If he's 100%, our defense has to have a huge game, not just in terms of stopping the run, but of keeping him in check out on short passing routes.

Indy's weird this year and I don't trust their struggles at all. Tonight should be a good one and I hope they expend all their energies vs Tenn!

I don't trust them:mad:.

I would love to see both Morris and Jordon back for the Colts game. If we establish the run early, it will set the tone of the game and keep the Colts offense off the field for the majority of the game time.

That will help our defense out more than even Hobb's return IMO.

This is a good game to watch for sure. I would like to see how Cassel performs in this game.

I would love to see both Morris and Jordon back for the Colts game. If we establish the run early, it will set the tone of the game and keep the Colts offense off the field for the majority of the game time.

That will help our defense out more than even Hobb's return IMO.

Co-signed:)

What we need to happen is for Lewis Sanders to get healthy and have him play safety along with Merriweather. Coverage and range is of utmost importance in this game and I'm scared to death of James Sanders being our last line defense in certain coverages.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back