Reaction score
Cardona should get $189,532 signing bonus
Cap hits
2015 $482,383
2016 $572,383
2017 $662,383
2018 $752,383
Pats will lose $47,383 in cap space

Created Joe Cardona's salary cap page on May 9th. Just uploaded it. http://www.patscap.com/cardona.html#cardona

Thank you Miguel. That's great news.

Hope Goodell doesn't ship his arse to The Mediterranean on an assignment.

Hooray! Even if he were only an average LS, he would be at least as good as Aiken for a lower cost, and an awesome character influence for the locker room.

The fact that he's likely an above average LS is the cherry on top.Who cares about using a 5th rounder on a ST position when the League office can take a 4th and a 1st for something you didn't even do?

Hooray! Even if he were only an average LS, he would be at least as good as Aiken for a lower cost, and an awesome character influence for the locker room.

The fact that he's likely an above average LS is the cherry on top.Who cares about using a 5th rounder on a ST position when the League office can take a 4th and a 1st for something you didn't even do?

He's been assigned to a training base. Snore. It will mollify the simpleminded folks long enough to forget about his "assignment". Also, there is a pretty good chance that he will be a weapon that will be overlooked. Which is fine by me and BB I'm sure.

He's been assigned to a training base. Snore. It will mollify the simpleminded folks long enough to forget about his "assignment". Also, there is a pretty good chance that he will be a weapon that will be overlooked. Which is fine by me and BB I'm sure.
I am curious about how many different stories there are about his situation. I've heard a few times that he's cleared to play for 2015, yet the piece from the Boston Herald in the news timeline above says the whole deal is still unresolved.

I am curious about how many different stories there are about his situation. I've heard a few times that he's cleared to play for 2015, yet the piece from the Boston Herald in the news timeline above says the whole deal is still unresolved.

Reiss states the same. Nothing about how the assignment will work out, but I'm sure it will come out eventually. He would not have been signed if there wasn't knowledge of his playing time ability.

Still do not know how this is going to work for him... he assigned to the Navy Academy Prep School in Newport.. that is usually a full time gig. Going to be difficult to do "two jobs"...

http://www.usna.edu/NAPS/

Still do not know how this is going to work for him... he assigned to the Navy Academy Prep School in Newport.. that is usually a full time gig. Going to be difficult to do "two jobs"...

http://www.usna.edu/NAPS/

The Navy can simply place him there locally and call the job whatever it wants to permit him to play football. I wouldn't expect they would ask him to play full-time teacher or advisor at NAPS. If he is playing football, the highest level of the Navy approved it, so the position as defined will work with the NFL schedule.

The Navy can simply place him there locally and call the job whatever it wants to permit him to play football. I wouldn't expect they would ask him to play full-time teacher or advisor at NAPS. If he is playing football, the highest level of the Navy approved it, so the position as defined will work with the NFL schedule.

That's what they were going to do with Eckel before Nick Saban f'ed it up.

I really hope this guy works out longterm. Since Paxton left we only get a year or two of good play out of our LS before they suck. I dunno what we're doing to these young LS.

I would think it would be a boon for the Navy to keep this guy on the football field, just in terms of publicity, recruiting, etc.

I really hope this guy works out longterm. Since Paxton left we only get a year or two of good play out of our LS before they suck. I dunno what we're doing to these young LS.

FWIW the guy most responsible for those changes (Scott O'Brien) is gone.

FWIW the guy most responsible for those changes (Scott O'Brien) is gone.
I wonder if it's actually a coaching problem or just a player problem. Hell Aiken only had one job and Ninko filled in in a pinch and was a lot better. Don't have anything against Aiken personally but damn he was going to cost us a big game soon or later. First drive of the SB punt was nearly blocked on a low snap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back