PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

LOL Adam the Schefter on Mike Mularkey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Box_O_Rocks

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
I just logged off but had to log back in after Adam Schefter on Total Access claimed Mike Mularkey's hiring by Nick Saban gave the Dolphins a decided edge to dethrone New England in the AFCE! :singing:

Already the "anti-Patriot press" is gearing up to cheer on challengers to the Patriots, even though SB XL has yet to be played. :cool:

Last edited:
What? You don't think that all the success Mularkey had in Buffalo against the Pats counts for something?

It's not the same as disrespect ... but it's all we've got right now.

Ganging up ... circle the wagons ... paranoia ... they're out to get us. I think we need a name, if we're going to play this new card. Nominations for this new form of insult?

Box_O_Rocks said:
I just logged off but had to log back in after Adam Schefter on Total Access claimed Mike Mularkey's hiring by Nick Saban gave the Dolphins a decided edge to dethrone New England in the AFCE! :singing:

Already the "anti-Patriot press" is gearing up to cheer on challengers to the Patriots, even though SB XL has yet to be played. :cool:
Is he saying their OC has an edge over our OC?

Last edited:
Although Saban has them going in the right direction, the Dolphins will be way overrated next year. After losing 6 of 7, the last of those a 20-0 shutout by the powerful Browns, the Dolphins did win their last 6. And, yes, they can only beat who they play. But . . .

They beat Oakland.
Then Buffalo by 1.
Then a great win at SD (by 2, and word is their OL coach, from SD last year, game them all the audibles).
Then the jesters by 4.
Then the Titans.
Then they squeaked by a Patriots team that tanked.

Sure, 6 in a row is 6 in a row and they wouldn't have won those games last year. But they have a lot of proving to do before they'll be dethroning the Patriots.

Schefter is a Broncos guy..... ;)

RayClay said:
Is he saying their OC has an edge over our OC?
As I understood it, he was saying that Miami under Saban, with the newly hired Mularkey at OC, now had the edge in the battle to dethrone New England as the AFCE Champion. In short, Miami now has a coaching 'Dream Team' and the fish are back and better then ever - pitooey. :bricks:

Schefter (sp?) really bugs me, he seems so smug. He clearly believes he knows more about football than any living human being on the planet now, in the past or in the future.

Anyway, there sure does seem to be a desperation to see the Pats dethroned. It surprises me a little, as I had always believed that champions were respected and revered far more in the US than back home in England, where we LOVE to see dominant teams get beat.

As far as next season, it still feels difficult to fear any of the division rivals, especially after almost beating the Dolphins with a QB taking his first snaps in the NFL.

Most folks I know will root for an underdog when the big dog isn't one of theirs. I certainly was rooting for a Pittsburgh team that was facing the 2 seed, of course I liked seeing those Broncos' butts kicked more then I cared if the Steelers won anything. Underdog Seattle, MVP or not, will be my favorite, just because - and the Steelers don't need to improve upon the 85 Pats' wildcard survival record, nor does young Ben need to surpass Tommy's youth mark, and especially, Cowher doesn't need to improve upon his record of big game chokes. Warped thinking, but I enjoy my mind!

Box_O_Rocks said:
Most folks I know will root for an underdog when the big dog isn't one of theirs. I certainly was rooting for a Pittsburgh team that was facing the 2 seed, of course I liked seeing those Broncos' butts kicked more then I cared if the Steelers won anything. Underdog Seattle, MVP or not, will be my favorite, just because - and the Steelers don't need to improve upon the 85 Pats' wildcard survival record, nor does young Ben need to surpass Tommy's youth mark, and especially, Cowher doesn't need to improve upon his record of big game chokes. Warped thinking, but I enjoy my mind!

Good thoughts Box! If Seattle wins, Mike Holmgren will be the first coach to have ever won the Super Bowl as a HC with two different teams.....this threatens BB's lock on greatest coach of this era. If Pittsburgh wins, Ben breaks all of Tommy's little records, but it also provides a bit of valildation that we beat two good Steeler teams in AFCC games. I am just glad that Denver is gone because Shanny would have tied BB with 3 Lombaris.

Schefter is really Suzie Colber dressed up in man's clothing.

Bill's Girl said:
Good thoughts Box! If Seattle wins, Mike Holmgren will be the first coach to have ever won the Super Bowl as a HC with two different teams.....this threatens BB's lock on greatest coach of this era. If Pittsburgh wins, Ben breaks all of Tommy's little records, but it also provides a bit of valildation that we beat two good Steeler teams in AFCC games. I am just glad that Denver is gone because Shanny would have tied BB with 3 Lombaris.
Holmgren can try and resurrect the Walsh coaching line with an unprecedented achievement, the trick is to do it consistently and at the moment there is one active coach who has made Super Bowl consistency a possibility. Who am I to begrudge lesser teams and fan bases their own small nuggets of consolation. :D

mcdonut16 said:
Schefter is really Suzie Colber dressed up in man's clothing.

THANK YOU! I thought I was the only one who thinks they sound eerily similar.
I wonder if Schefter and Kolber went to the same broadcasting school.

Box_O_Rocks said:
Holmgren can try and resurrect the Walsh coaching line with an unprecedented achievement, the trick is to do it consistently and at the moment there is one active coach who has made Super Bowl consistency a possibility. Who am I to begrudge lesser teams and fan bases their own small nuggets of consolation. :D

Well so long as it is just a nugget......like a one-year wonder sort of anomaly!

Bill's Girl said:
If Pittsburgh wins, Ben breaks all of Tommy's little records, but it also provides a bit of valildation that we beat two good Steeler teams in AFCC games.

Not all of them. Brady, after all, won his first SB in only his 15th start; Roethlisberger will be on his 33rd.

cubedoggy said:
THANK YOU! I thought I was the only one who thinks they sound eerily similar.
I wonder if Schefter and Kolber went to the same broadcasting school.

I think it is scary. I think there looks are similar, they could be brother and sister. Their maneurisms, head bobs, annunciation, pace, little eyes, everything is the same.

mcdonut16 said:
I think it is scary. I think there looks are similar, they could be brother and sister. Their maneurisms, head bobs, annunciation, pace, little eyes, everything is the same.

Better keep Schefter away from Broadway Joe if he's off the wagon!

cubedoggy said:
Better keep Schefter away from Broadway Joe if he's off the wagon!

LOL! Was thinking the same thing and you beat me to it!! :D

PatsChick87 said:
LOL! Was thinking the same thing and you beat me to it!! :D
So, it's his close relationship with reporters that gets 'our' Broadwayjoe his many news leads to share here! Verrry Interesting.... :D

OldEnglandPatriot said:
Schefter (sp?) really bugs me, he seems so smug. He clearly believes he knows more about football than any living human being on the planet now, in the past or in the future.

Anyway, there sure does seem to be a desperation to see the Pats dethroned. It surprises me a little, as I had always believed that champions were respected and revered far more in the US than back home in England, where we LOVE to see dominant teams get beat.

As far as next season, it still feels difficult to fear any of the division rivals, especially after almost beating the Dolphins with a QB taking his first snaps in the NFL.

Shaefter is as annoying as that little rat with glasses from Seattle that always argues with Sean Salisbury "steak". John something.

Isn't there any reporters that are worth a damn anymore?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes