PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Lofa, you swayed me

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATSNUTme

Paranoid Homer ex-moderator
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
I was reading an article today about Lofa Tatupu. He said that he loves the Patriots LB's and that Tedy Bru is his man.

Up until then, I was leaning toward the Steelers but Lofa swayed me over to the Seahawks for the following reasons.

1. Son of Mosi, #30 of the Patriots.

2. Started his college career at UMaine.

3. I owe him for thinking he was too small to be an NFL LB and too slow to be a safety. I laughed when he was taken so high in last years draft. He proved once again that I am an idiot. ( no proof was needed)

4. His stated love for Tedy Bru, Willie, Ted Johnson. ( not brokeback mountain kind of love)

So, now I am offcially hoping that the Steelers lose. Until someone else says something that will sway me the other way.

I liked lofa before the draft, and i heard the pats wanted him, but in say the 4th round, not the second...

it should have been beautiful to have him with us...

i will roote for SEA next sunday night...

PATSNUTme said:
I was reading an article today about Lofa Tatupu. He said that he loves the Patriots LB's and that Tedy Bru is his man.

Up until then, I was leaning toward the Steelers but Lofa swayed me over to the Seahawks for the following reasons.

3. I owe him for thinking he was too small to be an NFL LB and too slow to be a safety. I laughed when he was taken so high in last years draft. He proved once again that I am an idiot. ( no proof was needed)

4. His stated love for Tedy Bru, Willie, Ted Johnson. ( not brokeback mountain kind of love)

So, now I am offcially hoping that the Steelers lose. Until someone else says something that will sway me the other way.

I watched the Seahawks in the playoffs and he's a chip off the old block.

Wouldn't it be nice if he wanted to play for NE after his rookie contract is finished.

PATSNUTme said:

Welcome to the wild side Nut! I was kinda hoping that Lofa would be selected by the Pats last year, oh well, at least I can cheer for him this weekend!

I totally misjudged him when I looking at LB's in last years draft.

I wanted him. Thought if he couldn't handle LB, he'd make a heck of a SS.

Patriot Missile said:
Defensive rookie of the year anyone?

Very well could be in the NFC atleast.

PATSNUTme said:
Very well could be in the NFC atleast.

Does Mosi have any other sons? Watching Lofa on TV my first thought was no way that guy plays middle linebacker. Downside is he's already had at least one concussion, kind of related to the way he plays. Gotta watch those.

it was on that play

Fanfrom1960 said:
Does Mosi have any other sons? Watching Lofa on TV my first thought was no way that guy plays middle linebacker. Downside is he's already had at least one concussion, kind of related to the way he plays. Gotta watch those.
One concussion begets more. it will shorten his career, who knows how much.
waithing Lofa i hoped and wished Patriots would TAKE HIM. this is two years running now that they've let tedy bruschi himself go by in the draft.
he and jonathan vilma are both the next incarnation of Bruschi. yeah, they're both 20 lbs lighter, but i cannot believe BB/SP have let him pass for that reason.

Dont Forget LOFA played high school ball in Massachusetts, believe it or not but he was a qb and saftey in high school. I had the honor of playing against, amazing athlete

bruno87 said:
Dont Forget LOFA played high school ball in Massachusetts, believe it or not but he was a qb and saftey in high school. I had the honor of playing against, amazing athlete

The Sun Chronicle here in Attleboro had a picture of him as QB.

What I love about him is that as a rookie he is a leader of the defense and calls the plays.

re:

I like Lofa's game, and it's amazing that he's had the maturity and intelligence to call the defense as a rookie.

I think Seattle is going to surprise some people. They remind me a little of the mid-90's Pats, actually. A few years ago they get a new owner who wants to win, hire a big name coach, and they draft some great young defenders and are now in their first Superbowl. (Kraft, Parcells, young guys like Tedy, Ted Johnson, Milloy, Vinatieri, Law).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back