PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Let's sign Derek Jeter...

I was just going to post that. He's out of his mind if he's looking for that kind of dough. I know what he's thinking. He's looking to the fraud on his left, and he's wondering why Arod got a quarter billion thru his age 42 season, and Mr FaceoftheFranchise Derek Jeter can't get paid till that age too. I can't say I blame him for wondering that, but i can call him crazy if he expects it for real. That's just nuts.

You've obviously never met the guy....I haven't either but my brother has....My brother worked at Champs in Arundel MIlls Mall in MD and had an encounter with Jeter....Jeter acted like a little ***** because they didn't have the size shoe in the style he wanted and started spewing crap like Do you know who I am? I can't stand athletes like that....I lose ALL respect for them.....He is just a prick..
I have to call BS on this. Jeter is a prominent athlete in the Nike stable of endorsements. He doesn't exactly go strolling into Champs to buy his footwear like you and me. He gets his stuff custom made, designed, etc, etc, and probably has 100 versions of every shoe sent to him by Nike. I doubt the guy has bought a pair of sneakers anytime in the last 15 years.

I hate the laundry Jeter wears but as far as personailty goes, he has always been seen as a quiet leader. He's never gotten in trouble off the field. I think your criticisms of him is a bit over the top. My only criticism of the guy is that he's overrated. If he played for Kansas City of Milwaukee the past 15 years, he'd be just another SS.

The Yankees made him an offer that is already higher than what he's worth. They're not worried about him shopping around because no one will match their offer. And any ideas that the Red Sox should spend $50 million on a SS clearly playing the back 9 just to spite the Yankees is silly.

I have to call BS on this. Jeter is a prominent athlete in the Nike stable of endorsements. He doesn't exactly go strolling into Champs to buy his footwear like you and me. He gets his stuff custom made, designed, etc, etc, and probably has 100 versions of every shoe sent to him by Nike. I doubt the guy has bought a pair of sneakers anytime in the last 15 years.

I hate the laundry Jeter wears but as far as personailty goes, he has always been seen as a quiet leader. He's never gotten in trouble off the field. I think your criticisms of him is a bit over the top. My only criticism of the guy is that he's overrated. If he played for Kansas City of Milwaukee the past 15 years, he'd be just another SS.

The Yankees made him an offer that is already higher than what he's worth. They're not worried about him shopping around because no one will match their offer. And any ideas that the Red Sox should spend $50 million on a SS clearly playing the back 9 just to spite the Yankees is silly.

I agree with your post, except for your point about Jeter being overrated, and that he'd be just another SS if he played for KC or Milwakee. The guy is arguably one of the top 5 SS's of alltime, if not then he's certainly a top 10 SS of alltime. No matter what city he played in, he'd never be looked at like a Marco Scutaro, or Orlando Cabrera. The guy has a .314 lifetime average as a SS. He's baseballs alltime hits leader at the position, and is likely going to reach 3,000 hits this year, becoming the only SS ever to reach that mark. How is that overrated? His lifetime OPS is .817. His career post season average is .309. He's hardly overrated. When I hear people talk about Jeter being overrated, or how he would be a JAG elsewhere, I think of all the people who try to say Tom Brady is a system QB.

I agree with your post, except for your point about Jeter being overrated, and that he'd be just another SS if he played for KC or Milwakee. The guy is arguably one of the top 5 SS's of alltime, if not then he's certainly a top 10 SS of alltime.
He ain't even the best SS on his own team. :D

He ain't even the best SS on his own team. :D

well he'd ne a decent 1st baseman except they have one of those who is better also ... Jeter has had a better than average career ... he is a DH now ... and not a good one of those either.

You can call BS all you want but you are wrong....He is on the camera's in the mall and champs but obviously I can't get a hold of those to prove you wrong....I think if I wanted to BS about something like this I would "make up" a better story than this one.....You are one of those people that puts athletes on a pedestal.....They put their pants on just like you and I do and are no better than any of us (except at sports).....It doesn't mean that that are special stores that they shop at or places they order from......I have seen Ray Lewis in a Giant Grocery store out here....Are you going to say that he needs to shop at Whole Foods or something or needs to get every meal catered because he is a prominant athlete...GTFO.....

You can call BS all you want but you are wrong....He is on the camera's in the mall and champs but obviously I can't get a hold of those to prove you wrong....
Ah yes. How convenient. And I have footage of the Loch Ness Monster talking to some aliens, but I can't post it here. :rolleyes:
I think if I wanted to BS about something like this I would "make up" a better story than this one.....
Sorry, but I just don't believe every 4th hand story I read on some internet bulletin board.
You are one of those people that puts athletes on a pedestal.....They put their pants on just like you and I do and are no better than any of us (except at sports).....It doesn't mean that that are special stores that they shop at or places they order from......I have seen Ray Lewis in a Giant Grocery store out here....Are you going to say that he needs to shop at Whole Foods or something or needs to get every meal catered because he is a prominant athlete...GTFO.....
You've made a pretty stupid deduction. I don't put athletes on pedestals, but in this case you're talking about shoes, not grocery stores. You need to join us in the real world. When it comes to shopping for athletic apparel, a guy with a multi-million dollar endorsement contract with Nike is not going to go shopping at the local Champs store for his next pair of sneakers.

Ah yes. How convenient. And I have footage of the Loch Ness Monster talking to some aliens, but I can't post it here. :rolleyes:
Sorry, but I just don't believe every 4th hand story I read on some internet bulletin board.
You've made a pretty stupid deduction. I don't put athletes on pedestals, but in this case you're talking about shoes, not grocery stores. You need to join us in the real world. When it comes to shopping for athletic apparel, a guy with a multi-million dollar endorsement contract with Nike is not going to go shopping at the local Champs store for his next pair of sneakers.

I don't care if you believe me or not....I know the truth so it's whatever.....If you knew anything than this isn't the first time I have heard of these "multi-million dollar athletes" going into local stores and buying apparell....But according to you they have personal sack powderers and everything else....You can believe what you want in "Your Fantasy world" but I am living in the real world....

Right, lets overpay Jeter by 5-10 million per year and let VMart walk and tell guys like Pedroia, Buckholtz, Lester, and Youk, that they aren't worth $16-$20 per year when their time comes up.

I remember back in the days when Nomar and Jeter were elite players, and my friends and I used to argue what it would be like from a hypothetical stand-point if one of the two were ever to reverse jerseys. Funny that now some of us are actually considering it. Having said that it would still be a cold day in hell if Jeter ever played for us.

Right, lets overpay Jeter by 5-10 million per year and let VMart walk and tell guys like Pedroia, Buckholtz, Lester, and Youk, that they aren't worth $16-$20 per year when their time comes up.

^this

I'd laugh my arse of if it were to happen. Unfortunately Scutaro was head and shoulders above the declining Jeter in 2010.

And Lowrie was head and shoulders above either.

random-funny-photos-12.jpg

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back