Let's sign Derek Jeter...

Kontradiction

On my retirement tour.
PatsFans.com Supporter
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
2023 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Let's do it. Offer him another year than the Yankees are willing to offer and have him retire in a Red Sox uniform. :D

Let's do it. Offer him another year than the Yankees are willing to offer and have him retire in a Red Sox uniform. :D

i wouldn't be against it ... be revenge for losing the Babe. :p

nike-just-do-it.jpg

I'd laugh my arse of if it were to happen. Unfortunately Scutaro was head and shoulders above the declining Jeter in 2010.

I'd laugh my arse of if it were to happen. Unfortunately Scutaro was head and shoulders above the declining Jeter in 2010.

Actually they had virtually identical seasons statistically, except for the 20 errors Scutaro committed, to Jeters 6.

If Jeter is smart he'll take the 3/$45 million the Yankees are offering him, and retire a Yankee. No one will give him 3 years, nor $15 million per. Not at this point in his career, and coming off his worst pro season offensively.

I can not be a Red Sox fan anymore if we were to acquire jeter....he is my most hated athlete in sports and quite frankly I think he is so much of a **** that I would love to just beat the ***** out of him for fun....He is a conceded little punk that can stay in New York with all of their jacka$$ fans...

Actually they had virtually identical seasons statistically, except for the 20 errors Scutaro committed, to Jeters 6.

If Jeter is smart he'll take the 3/$45 million the Yankees are offering him, and retire a Yankee. No one will give him 3 years, nor $15 million per. Not at this point in his career, and coming off his worst pro season offensively.
Scutaro was miles better than Jeter last season. No statistics will convince me otherwise.

He wouldn't come here for twice what the Yankees offer him. It would be an impractical move by the Sox just to spite the Yankees. He's already got more wealth than he can spend and he can retire a God in NY instead of a traitor.

I can not be a Red Sox fan anymore if we were to acquire jeter....he is my most hated athlete in sports and quite frankly I think he is so much of a **** that I would love to just beat the ***** out of him for fun....He is a conceded little punk that can stay in New York with all of their jacka$$ fans...

Your most hated athlete in all of sports? If you said that about Arod then I'd perfectly understand, but Jeter? Jeter is the Tom Brady of baseball. Says all the right things, does his job, puts the team first, wins, and STFU's unlike most other athletes who whine about trivial stuff.

Last edited:
He wouldn't come here for twice what the Yankees offer him. It would be an impractical move by the Sox just to spite the Yankees. He's already got more wealth than he can spend and he can retire a God in NY instead of a traitor.

yes but he's done all the NY ho's ... maybe he sees a fresh pond of ho's here in Boston.

yes but he's done all the NY ho's ... maybe he sees a fresh pond of ho's here in Boston.

That's what I like best about you. You're always thinking outside the box.

Your most hated athlete in all of sports? If you said that about Arod then I'd perfectly understand, but Jeter? Jeter is the Tom Brady of baseball. Says all the right things, does his job, puts the team first, wins, and (Please be quiet - edited)'s unlike most other athletes who whine about trivial stuff.

You've obviously never met the guy....I haven't either but my brother has....My brother worked at Champs in Arundel MIlls Mall in MD and had an encounter with Jeter....Jeter acted like a little ***** because they didn't have the size shoe in the style he wanted and started spewing crap like Do you know who I am? I can't stand athletes like that....I lose ALL respect for them.....He is just a prick..

You've obviously never met the guy....I haven't either but my brother has....My brother worked at Champs in Arundel MIlls Mall in MD and had an encounter with Jeter....Jeter acted like a little ***** because they didn't have the size shoe in the style he wanted and started spewing crap like Do you know who I am? I can't stand athletes like that....I lose ALL respect for them.....He is just a prick..

Ah, ok. You know he's a jerk because your brother, who's probably a yahoo sox fan too, sold him a pair of sneakers in a mall. Well, that certainly changes my opinion of him.

This seems like an appropriate time for someone to crack a 'yo mamma so fat' joke.

If the RS were reluctant to pay for Martinez for 4 years, what would compel them to pay for 3 years for Jeter..

Makes great banter, but little sense from my POV..

He's not worth the money, who the hell were they trying to kid with this last Gold Glove? He's had waayy too many nights of partying with triplet supermodels, not that that's a bad thing.

Well it would make up for losing Damon to the Yanks. I'd offer Jeter 3/52 just for the beautiful freaking symmetry of it and also to force the Yanks to pay more than they wanted. LOL. :D

I lol'd at this thread

NY Daily News

But sources close to the Jeter/Close camp have said their starting point was six years, $150 million and that they aren't budging on $25 million per year.

:rofl:

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back