PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Lendale White please!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bruno87

Rookie
Reaction score
I watched the Rose Bowl again last night and came away even more impressed with LW. He is a great between the tackles runner that is in the Corey Dillion mold that could step in right away. Anyone else on the Draft White bandwagon :rocker:

bruno87 said:
I watched the Rose Bowl again last night and came away even more impressed with LW. He is a great between the tackles runner that is in the Corey Dillion mold that could step in right away. Anyone else on the Draft White bandwagon :rocker:

he is a big kid, have no idea where he is predicted to go. not sure i could pull the trigger on him at #21.

We'll have to trade up to Tennessee's #3 in order to snatch him away from the Packers.

Seymour93 said:
We'll have to trade up to Tennessee's #3 in order to snatch him away from the Packers.

you really think that high seymour?

Would love it... but as BelichickFan (I think) has pointed out, we're pretty married to Dillon at this point, contract-wise, so he's a virtual lock for 2006, and we've got needs elsewhere. But still..... tempting, tempting thought if he's there.

Digger44 said:
you really think that high seymour?

Packers are in a serious need for anyone that can run a ball...

Na_polian said:
ya but @ #3? deangelo williams outranks him

Digger44 said:
ya but @ #3? deangelo williams outranks him

Profootballtalk.com said awhile ago that the Pack (#5, Jets #4) are in love with LenDale.

Na_polian said:

I dont understand this unsubstantiated Lendale to Packers buzz??

GB just proved why you don't need to spend a high pick on a RB by getting more than average production from Samkon Gado.

All for the cost of NO DRAFT PICk.

Dillon in 2006

T-ShirtDynasty said:
Would love it... but as BelichickFan (I think) has pointed out, we're pretty married to Dillon at this point, contract-wise, so he's a virtual lock for 2006, and we've got needs elsewhere. But still..... tempting, tempting thought if he's there.

I agree Dillon will still be here in 2006, but I wouldn't count out Belichick/Pioli drafting the best player on their board- re: Ben Watson when we all thought TE was already a strength.

tombonneau said:
I dont understand this unsubstantiated Lendale to Packers buzz??

GB just proved why you don't need to spend a high pick on a RB by getting more than average production from Samkon Gado.

All for the cost of NO DRAFT PICk.

True, but they have zero depth at RB - Gado was picked up in an emergency move, IIRC, because everyone else was out... then Gado went and got injured near the end I believe.

They need some good experience and depth in the running game, or they'll have another season where the QB has to do everything. We saw how well that worked this year for them...

Seymour93 said:

Not according to any of the mocks I read last night. I realize they're just mocks and it's Jan. but like four of the five I looked at had us taking him at 21 and the Packers taking Hawk at No. 5.

I think we will have to trade up to get him, but how far would depend on his 40 time in personal workouts and the combine. Remember, Steven Jackson was just as good as White was in college and slipped to No. 23 after everyone thought he would go top 10.

Chewy said:
I agree Dillon will still be here in 2006, but I wouldn't count out Belichick/Pioli drafting the best player on their board- re: Ben Watson when we all thought TE was already a strength.
We thought TE was a strength but we didn't think about a 2 TE offense with 2 athletic TE. Now if they could both just be 100% for a full season . . .

However we have a good split with Dillon and Faulk, a #1 RB would just muddy the water. We need to have better blocking and a better commitment to the run and we should see improvement. I wouldn't be shocked at a #2 or #3 pick at RB but not a #1. Remember, Bethel is our #2 WR right now :eek:

SoonerPatriot said:
Not according to any of the mocks I read last night. I realize they're just mocks and it's Jan. but like four of the five I looked at had us taking him at 21 and the Packers taking Hawk at No. 5.

I think we will have to trade up to get him, but how far would depend on his 40 time in personal workouts and the combine. Remember, Steven Jackson was just as good as White was in college and slipped to No. 23 after everyone thought he would go top 10.

Well PFT also said that Chad Johnson threw a punch at Marvin Lewis during halftime of a playoff game, so maybe the Pack aren't hot for LenDale.

We had almost 700 less yards of rushing in 2005 compared to 2004. The offense is barely balanced....If not for Tom T's awesome year it could have been ugly. We need a hard ass runner.

I wouldn't trade up more than 3 spots for him. If he's sitting there when we draft, then we might want to grab him depending on our scouting report.

I don't think bb/pioli will draft a rb in the first round. I think bb still has sweats about taking touchdown tommy vardell in the first round. we all know how they worked out.

I think we get a guy in the 3rd round like addai from lsu

thoughts?

I dont know too much about this White kid, but I did read "He had arthroscopic surgery to remove torn cartilage in his left ankle prior to 2005 spring practice. He sat out 2005 spring drills to concentrate on his academics. " Sat out practice meaning he HAD to concentrate on grades? BB likes them SMART!!!!! And surgery??? prob ok now though....

I loved the way Lendale played in the Rosebowl, but the two failed 4th and 1 plays give me Antowain Smith flashbacks.

In Patriot reign...It is mentioned that the Pats had reservations on Jabari Holloway because he was missing practice for academics. They frowned upon that and Pioli said he would never doubt his instincts again. He thought it showed that Holloway wasn't dedicated to football and figured any guys who really wanted to play pro ball could go back and finish classes later because they weren't as important as practice.

Not saying Lendale's situation is the same..but it bears noting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft