PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Leinart to make Cards debut vs. Pats on Saturday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would they play Leinnart, what is he going to have 3 practices under his belt ? A running back (more instinctual) I can understand, but a QB ?

Dennis Green would put him in because Leinart will be the starter sooner than later. He will need all the playing time he can get. Green probably has no intention of letting Kurt Warner playing out the entire season.. plus we know from history Warner can't play an entire season without getting injured.

Oh, plus it makes for good headline.

Va_Pats_Fan said:
could we see Cassell vs Leinart? Makes for an interesting sideline to the game.

Does it ever. If I were a broadcaster I would pray for that to liven up a *yawn* exhibition in a big way. (And a wee bit of extra pressure on Cassel's shoulders isn't a bad thing, I'm curious to see how he responds.)

scott99 said:
Why would they play Leinnart, what is he going to have 3 practices under his belt ? A running back (more instinctual) I can understand, but a QB ?

Oh yeah, curse us. I guarantee you the man with hardly any practices under his belt will end up torching our secondary. ;)

scott99 said:

Maybe to make him feel and look like a rookie stumblebum as a gentle and not so subtle cattleprod that he has a long, long, long way to go and by missing a major portion of training camp has made the journey a lot longer and harder? (And of course you do it while he's playing against his former backup quarterback who is now lightyears ahead of him in NFL knowledge and experience). Coach Green would never pass up the chance to send a very painful message to a rookie I bet!
:D

What better way to kick off an NFL career -- whether it's one play or a couple of series -- than against the Patriots."

scott99 said:

Isn't that what preseason is? To get experience now instead of later when the games actually count. Plus he did go to the mini and rookie camps.

Should be interesting, maybe it is Greene's way of giving him a public flogging.

yes, very interesting and for Leinart it is a good opportunity to start in pre-season games, no doubt

and he is the future for the Arizona Cardinals

i'm looking forward to see him in action at the Nfl level

is it expected the 'sold out' also for this game @ The Razor ?

I bet a lot of our guys on D can´t wait to welcome him to the NFL :)

Should be interesting.

edzo44 said:
Maybe to make him feel and look like a rookie stumblebum as a gentle and not so subtle cattleprod that he has a long, long, long way to go and by missing a major portion of training camp has made the journey a lot longer and harder? (And of course you do it while he's playing against his former backup quarterback who is now lightyears ahead of him in NFL knowledge and experience). Coach Green would never pass up the chance to send a very painful message to a rookie I bet!
:D

Great point. I have mixed feelings about Green in general, but I thought he was the perfect choice for Arizona. A strong personality, lots of self-confidence and the ability to create a real NFL aura out there in the desert.

He is gunna get peeeeked off by Asante. :rocker:

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back