PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Legal Tampering Period News

I like Sproles, but figure he'll probably be costly in comparison to other RB's. I think there are probably too many other teams out there who dream of making their QB more Breesain by signing the guy to a significant contract.

The Pats, and maybe most of the other teams, could probably afford both Blount & Sproles.
RBs are just not gonna get paid any more. I would prefer that Bolden be replaced and another
Vereen-style RB signed during free agency. A backfield of, e.g.: Vereen, Ridley, Blount and
Sproles - or even better, Donald Brown - could provide versatility & production with relatively
little investment.

Blount could end up being super cheap if the RB market fails to develop. I'd sign both if they both came at bargain prices. Bolden could either be stashed on IR, or maybe somebody would give a 6th rounder for him?

Bolden could be cut. No one's going to trade for him. He's completely and utterly unremarkable. There are thirty backs available after the draft who can do the same thing.

Sproles and Vereen can both run routes split out wide, which is a nice little boon.

Donald Brown is a favorite of mine, too. But I don't know how good of a fit he'd be right now. If I had to go 3 years on one of them, it'd be Brown. But I don't think that will be necessary, as Sproles would probably come cheap enough for 1 or 2.

Seattle is back to the favorite for Bennet now, Chicago looking elsewhere (Johnson?).

Miami Herald hearing that Byrd to the Dolphin's is a "smokescreen". That's pretty good new, keep him out of this division, he's actually done a lot of damage to us.

Miami Herald hearing that Byrd to the Dolphin's is a "smokescreen". That's pretty good new, keep him out of this division, he's actually done a lot of damage to us.
While I agree it wouldn't hurt NE for him to stay out of the AFCE, I don't recall him hurting the Patriots too bad in any game. I looked through his game logs and found that he's forced three fumbles against NE and never had an INT. Is there a particular game or games that you had in mind that I forgot?

While I agree it wouldn't hurt NE for him to stay out of the AFCE, I don't recall him hurting the Patriots too bad in any game. I looked through his game logs and found that he's forced three fumbles against NE and never had an INT. Is there a particular game or games that you had in mind that I forgot?

Thinking of a recent game where he forced 2 fumbles (on Gronk and Welker of all people) and recovered another. He was an absolute monster.

Thinking of a recent game where he forced 2 fumbles (on Gronk and Welker of all people) and recovered another. He was an absolute monster.
Yes, that game in 2012. Ryan Fitzpatrick was a monster in that game, too (4 INT, 1 FUM)!

Titans' Pursuing Shaun Philllips

https://twitter.com/fieldyates/status/443094342396555265
Top FA CB Alterraun Verner tells @MadDogRadio the Patriots are "definitely a possibility." Adds Devin McCourty has been "lobbying" for it.

Oh great. Now people are going to get excited. He mentioned at least 5 other teams that he would be interested in.

Verner: "I would feel more obliged to go to a team that paid me $6 or $7 million and made me one of the highest-paid players on the team than go to a team that paid me $8 or $9 million and I wasn't one of the highest-paid players on the team"

* I still like my GM special:
Mallett, Amendola and Tavon Wilson (they need a Safety and Tavon needs a new address) and our #1 pick, for Andre Johnson and the Texans second (#33).

lmao I love the offseason.

Field Yates ‏@FieldYates 2m
Top FA CB Alterraun Verner tells @MadDogRadio the Patriots are "definitely a possibility." Adds Devin McCourty has been "lobbying" for it.

Ben Volin ‏@BenVolin 1m
RT @MadDogRadio: Verner: "(New England) is definitely a possibility.. Jason's brother (Devin) has been lobbying for me (to join Patriots)"

Oh? I would not be opposed, that's for sure.

https://twitter.com/fieldyates/status/443094342396555265

Oh great. Now people are going to get excited. He mentioned at least 5 other teams that he would be interested in.

No doubt people will get excited, but it's still nice to hear something.

At least people won't be waiting long, he'll probably sign tomorrow.

Oh? I would not be opposed, that's for sure.

No doubt people will get excited, but it's still nice to hear something.

At least people won't be waiting long, he'll probably sign tomorrow.

I called the Jets just basically by doing a coin toss but I mentioned to Rob in another thread that I was still holding out hope that it was the Pats just by how mum he was being on that front. God I hope he's a Patriot after 4:00 tomorrow. That would put to rest a lot of the anxiety I have about that position now that Washington is backing up the Brinks truck for Talib.

I know it's extremely unlikely, but hot damn I'd love Verner here.

Maybe a 5% chance? He is going to cost some serious coin

So is Talib. Verner is not that much of a step down from Talib, is more durable (no nagging injury history), and doesn't have a history of trouble with the law. If the team is going to let Talib ride off into the sunset on Snyder's stallion, I would be absolutely fine with Verner.

All quiet on the New England front it'll be interesting to see what happens

Maybe a 5% chance? He is going to cost some serious coin
And seemingly so will Talib. So NE either pays top dollar for a #1 CB or goes for value in FA and possibly draft another one.

John Clayton ‏@ClaytonESPN 33m
Early prediction is that Aqib Talib ends up in Washington.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back