PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Legal Tampering Period News

I'm ok with that. Better than seeing him play for the Jets or Broncos or something.

Ryan and Dennard aren't top tier CBs but the two of them are good enough that I'd rather see Talib walk than Edelman, at this point.

It's definitely better than the days of Starks and O'Neal.

I'm ok with that. Better than seeing him play for the Jets or Broncos or something.

Ryan and Dennard aren't top tier CBs but the two of them are good enough that I'd rather see Talib walk than Edelman, at this point.

It's definitely better than the days of Starks and O'Neal.

Hmm this could be an interesting debate. Correct me if I am wrong but the Starks Oneal days were about finding someone to pair with Samuel post Ty law right?

So the arguments boils down to one pro bowler and one bum vs two starters but neither spectacular. Not really sure either seems ideal and not sure which I would perfer.

Hmm this could be an interesting debate. Correct me if I am wrong but the Starks Oneal days were about finding someone to pair with Samuel post Ty law right?

So the arguments boils down to one pro bowler and one bum vs two starters but neither spectacular. Not really sure either seems ideal and not sure which I would perfer.

Which would you prefer?

Talib and Arrington
Dennard and Ryan

And I'm talking back during his most awful season ever Arrington (what was that, 2009?)

I'd go for the latter all day.

How do the redskins keep coming up with cap room to overpay these players?

Profootballtalk reports free agent Vontae Davis is expected to sign a contract on Tuesday, but "not with the Colts."

Ellis Hobbs was Samuel's buddy for most of the post-Law days, and Hobbs had replaced Starks. O'Neal was later, and he was paired with Hobbs.

For what it's worth (not much), Doug Farrar at SI predicts Sproles to Patriots.

For what it's worth (not much), Doug Farrar at SI predicts Sproles to Patriots.

I don't see why NE would sign him... Thry have Vereen who at this point is significantly better.

I don't see why NE would sign him... Thry have Vereen who at this point is significantly better.

Two years ago they had both Woodhead and Vereen and used both.

If he isn't expensive, it would be a smart signing. If Vereen is hurt, we have Bolden and then nothing as pass catchers out of the backfield. That takes away a huge part of the offense. Plus he can play special teams and I like the idea of a shotgun formation with Sproles and Vereen on each side of Brady. That could cause some matchup problems for the D.

ya don't know why they would go after him...maybe in place of bolden?

Really?? Tell me how that works? In WHAT world is Vereen better? Vereen has not YET even had ONE year as good as Sproles - and that includes LAST year. While Vereen had beautiful passes bouncing off his hands - Sproles "quietly" solidified his position as one of the best 3rd down backs in the league - if not the best. Vereen has POTENTIAL, but he has NOT risen to the level of Sproles. IF Vereen can channel his inner Edelman and STAY healthy - he can make up BIG chunks in becoming a Sproles, but he is NOT EVEN close as of yet.

Sproles is also a good returner, though he was utilized less as a kick returner the last couple years.

Really?? Tell me how that works? In WHAT world is Vereen better? Vereen has not YET even had ONE year as good as Sproles - and that includes LAST year. While Vereen had beautiful passes bouncing off his hands - Sproles "quietly" solidified his position as one of the best 3rd down backs in the league - if not the best. Vereen has POTENTIAL, but he has NOT risen to the level of Sproles. IF Vereen can channel his inner Edelman and STAY healthy - he can make up BIG chunks in becoming a Sproles, but he is NOT EVEN close as of yet.

Sproles wasn't even good last year gimme a break. I'd take a healthy Vereen over a healthy sproles any Sunday.

Forgot bout bolden being a free agent.. That would make sense.

He is a FA next year..not this year

Sproles is also a good returner, though he was utilized less as a kick returner the last couple years.

We have a very good returner in Edelman

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down
Back