PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Left Handed Vulcan Chess, BB Style

Status
Not open for further replies.
It also fits with the way the Patriots have been willing to deliver big second contracts to young players who delivered on their first. A proven PATRIOTS player is worth a lot more than a comparable FA from another team. (I'd be shocked to see McCourty leave, for instance.)

Jerrod Mayo for example..

It will be awesome if the Patriots brain trust can outthink Pete Carroll and his aggressive D. I don't know if anyone mentioned this before, but the long set up of the Nate Solder TD was a thing of beauty too. He was declared eligible for about 10 plays before they threw him the ball. The crowd roared every time they declared someone eligible (or ineligible - there was at least one of those), but then nothing ever happened with the eligible or ineligible player, to the point where you thought the Pats were just messing with the Colts. On the TD play Solder was wide open, in part, I bet, because Indy chose to ignore him as he'd be declared eligible a bunch of times already, then the play went away from him. Genius!

It also fits with the way the Patriots have been willing to deliver big second contracts to young players who delivered on their first. A proven PATRIOTS player is worth a lot more than a comparable FA from another team. (I'd be shocked to see McCourty leave, for instance.)

McCourty = stud. I'm a laundry rooter through and through, but I'd be disappointed to see Devin go.

I wonder if Carroll and his coaches will just say, "Hey, we are the champs, we are the better team, we are just going to crank it up a notch and play even faster than we have, and not give the Patriots a chance to execute." Strength against strength.
interesting thought. I still believe that USC took that attitude against Texas in the national championship game. When watching the game it seemed they didn't game plan at all and thought all they needed to do was to line up to win. USC was one of the least prepared teams I have ever seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back