PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Last 5 In, Last 5 Out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brady6

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
I know it is early and things are likely to change but right now, who are your last 5 players to make the team and your last 5 players to be cut? I will list my predictions below:

Last 5 In
  1. Kenbrell Thompkins
  2. Cameron Gordon
  3. DJ Williams
  4. Tavon Wilson
  5. Stephen Houston

Last 5 Out
  1. Brandon Bolden
  2. Jeremy Gallon
  3. Jake Bequette
  4. Justin Jones
  5. Chris White

Don't care as long as Bequette is on the 'out' list

I'll give you 7 and 7. Basically, I took my 60 man roster and gave my best guess regarding to who will make it to the 53.

OUT
Houston
Kline
Williams
Moore
Bequette
Armstead
Ott

IN
Bolden
Thompkins
Wendell
Connolly
Chris Jones
Aiken
Wilson or Thomas for 4 weeks (although I really expect this roster spot to be a free agent)

Last edited:
I'll give you 7 and 7.

OUT
Houston
Kline
Williams
Moore
Bequette
Armstead
Ott

IN
Bolden
Thompkins
Wendell
Connolly
Chris Jones
Aiken
Wilson or Thomas for 4 weeks (although I really expect this roster spot to be a free agent)
Everything I'm reading they're very high on Kline.

Everything I'm reading they're very high on Kline.
I understand. I may be a bit out of step, or just late to want to dump our starters Wendell and Connolly. I do have all three on the bubble of my current 60 man roster. Obviously, Belichick could choose 1-3 of these players.

Slowly but surely, I'm coming around on the thought of K.Thompkins' odds increasing due to the uncertainty of Dobson's injury situation (which will likely be changing in the next month), his strong offseason, and his ability to play both the X and Z positions. (And maybe most importantly--the lack of anything else behind him ;) )

I still have a feeling only one of Connelly/Wendell stick at the end of August, although even if that's true we won't be finding out any time soon, since it makes no sense to cut either one sooner.

I think Bequette has seen his time here expire (as a Patriot, not on earth in general). I also think that Joe Vellano sees the turk after the 3rd preseason game as well.

Nothing too exciting or controversial.

I still have a feeling only one of Connelly/Wendell stick at the end of August, although even if that's true we won't be finding out any time soon, since it makes no sense to cut either one sooner.

I agree though it's worth noting that Belichick has stated that he likes to release veterans early out of respect to them and their best chances to catch on with another team.

I agree though it's worth noting that Belichick has stated that he likes to release veterans early out of respect to them and their best chances to catch on with another team.

He has done that, but he has three rookies on the line. I doubt he's quick to release vets until he knows the rooks can play some.

By what means can we tell who the last 5 in were? :confused:

It's premature to do this exercise. They're all Pro-Bowlers to me right now. I'm drinking the Kool-Aid, rockin' some sweet rose-colored sunglasses, and takin' in some sun. There's nothing quite like seeing these players up close. I'll chime in after my first visit to training camp - less than three weeks to the first public practice.

I'll give you 7 and 7. Basically, I took my 60 man roster and gave my best guess regarding to who will make it to the 53.

OUT
Houston
Kline
Williams
Moore
Bequette
Armstead
Ott

IN
Bolden
Thompkins
Wendell
Connolly
Chris Jones
Aiken
I think Armstead goes on PUP and therefore is not out.

This is my 54 man roster currently (Browner is #54).

QB-Brady-Garopollo
RB-Ridley-Vereen (3DRB)-White -Houston
FB-Develin
XWR-Dobson-LaFell-Thompkins-Slater (ST)
ZWR-Edelman (PR)-Amendola-Boyce (KR)
TE-Gronkowski-Hoomanawanui-Williams-Ott (LS)
LT-Solder
LG-Mankins
OC-Connolly-Stork
RG-Cannon-Halapio
RT-Vollmer-Fleming
LE-Ninkovich-Buchanan
DT-Kelly-Easley-Jones
NT-Wilfork-Siliga
RE-Jones-Smith-Moore
SLB-Hightower-Gordon
MLB-Mayo-Beauharnais
WLB-Collins-Anderson
LCB-Revis-Ryan
RCB-Browner-Dennard-Arrington
SAF-McCourty-Thomas
SAF-Harmon-Chung-Wilson
K-Gostkowski
P-Allen

Don't care as long as Bequette is on the 'out' list
The only reason I don't give you an agree is I don't even care about Bequette. Which leads to the question, "Why did I click this thread?"

I don't know why. I must've thought I cared then realized it is July and people with more info than me make those calls.

So in summary, don't mind me it is July. :)

Here is mine currently

Patriots

Offense - 25

QB - 2 - Brady Gara
TE - 3 - Gronk Hooman Develin
WR - 7 - Dobson LaFell Edelman Amendola Thompkins Boyce Slater
OC - 2 - Stork Wendell
OG - 4 - Mankins Cannon Kline Harp
OT - 3 - Solder Vollmer Fleming
RB - 4 - Ridley Vereen White Bolden

Defense - 25

DE - 4 - Jones Nink Smith Bucannon
DT - 5 - Wilfork Kelly Easley Jones Silvia
LB - 6 - Mayo Collins Hightower Anderson Beau White
CB - 5/6 - Revis Dennard Ryan Arrington Swanson (Browner 4 wk)
FS - 4 - McCourty Harmon Chung Ebner (Thomas makes it but is cut in 4 weeks; put on PS)

Last 5 in

Bolden - His STs allows us to keep him
Thompkins - Can't do much on STs but still you want the depth in the end
Ebner - Core STer
Swanson - Shows enough to make him hard to cut
Kline - kept cause of solid depth and because of lack of guys in other spots

Last 5 out

Mallet - Just don't see a point really and i think Jimmy shows enough
Finch - Dynamic RB but just not versatile enough on STs
Moore - Be nice to keep him but i think he is too raw and makes the PS
Gallon - Didn't show much in minicamp and had chances. PS him
Green - A hard cut but Swanson showed too much and he is banged up.

It's premature to do this exercise. They're all Pro-Bowlers to me right now. I'm drinking the Kool-Aid, rockin' some sweet rose-colored sunglasses, and takin' in some sun. There's nothing quite like seeing these players up close. I'll chime in after my first visit to training camp - less than three weeks to the first public practice.

The one thing this thread did do for me is start to wonder who the stunning veteran departure will be, the Milloy, Bledsoe, Vrabel.

I heard Brady is gonna be the tough cut...

Just don't know the year yet.... :)

I hate posting on difficult topics like this.....or like who they are gonna draft......its just too hard and i dont have enough info and im not smart enough......hopefully bequette is gone

Although I've had much enjoyment making fun of Jake (MIA) Bequette, it would be great were he to emerge as a contributor on game day.

Although I've had much enjoyment making fun of Jake (MIA) Bequette, it would be great were he to emerge as a contributor on game day.
Bequette still has practice squad eligibility so it is possible we could have the best of both worlds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case