PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Kyler Murray just improved the Patriots chances of getting a high quality non-QB in round one

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been driving this train for a while now.

Where the Pats are picking they might have 5-6 guys graded as 1st Rd prospects. W our 2 2nd's we could easily trade up to get one of those players unless we fall in love with you someone.

As for QB'S
Murray, Haskins will be 1st rd'rs. I definitely could see Jones too. Teams will love his intangibles & leadership skills. Ran a ton of RPO, inside zone/power. Lots to like. Great footwork, mechanics but really has to improve his awareness & feel for pressure. Teams should love him though. I think Stick & Mineshew have a shot at top 40-50 picks. Rypien, Finely will follow in the 2nd/3rd/4th.

Future slot receiver ... not worth a 1st round pick.

No thanks to wasting a pick on a QB... let alone one who might jump ship to the MLB if he feels like it (far more money, less health risk). The team has significant needs elsewhere. QBs are the biggest gamble in the draft. Finding a franchise QB in the draft is like hitting the lottery.

... - i would hate to see a QB come into this team at the moment as there’s a lot of holes, which get covered by BB and TB. I’d like us to ideally get some good players ready for when the time comes rhat TB12 isn’t here, the next QB doesn’t have to be an all pro straight away.

But that might just be me.
It’s just you.

Whoever the next QB is going to be, he won’t start year one. So he should be here now, or in the next year or so, for the grooming and studying before he sees the field. Or if he is good enough to start year one maybe he can throw Brady off that cliff we keep hearing about and save us from more Max Kellerman.

Daniel Jones with our second round pick yes or no? Murray declaring means Jones will most likely slide out of the first round.
No

5'9 skinny. He wouldn't even last enough to play out his rookie contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back