PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Kraft does have bomb-throwing options

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's an odd claim, given that he threw a small explosive device at them to open training camp.

Really? Pandering to the fan base that ripped him for capitulating by trying to sound tough?
Has he done anything that resembles action?

Kraft knew the fans hated what he did, so he decided to take a no risk opportunity to act like one of them. That is not an explosive device, action would be.

Really? Pandering to the fan base that ripped him for capitulating by trying to sound tough?
Has he done anything that resembles action?

Kraft knew the fans hated what he did, so he decided to take a no risk opportunity to act like one of them. That is not an explosive device, action would be.

What are you proposing -- that he go to 345 Park Ave with an AK-47 and an explosive vest?

What are you proposing -- that he go to 345 Park Ave with an AK-47 and an explosive vest?
I'm not proposing anything, but I don't accept that agreeing publicly that he screwed his own franchise in order to get sympathy from the fan base is considered "that he threw a small explosive device at them to open training camp."
Some action would be required to overcome my position that he has no intention of fighting the league.

Here is an example.

Kraft should lodge a formal complaint with the league that both the Ravens and Colts violated the rules by using kicking balls that were not allowed.
If he doesn't want to sue the league, he should report every activity that is even close to illegal and overwhelm Goodells office with investigations.

http://blog.masslive.com/patriots/2015/08/baltimore_ravens_indianapolis.html

The minor takeaway: It was noted that the Ravens "prepared" their kicking balls, and that doesn't exactly align with league rules. In essence, the Colts emails could have implicated the Ravens in their own inconsequential football scandal. Or, more likely, they could have highlighted the NFL's general indifference toward pregame football protocol.

I'm not proposing anything, but I don't accept that agreeing publicly that he screwed his own franchise in order to get sympathy from the fan base is considered "that he threw a small explosive device at them to open training camp."
Some action would be required to overcome my position that he has no intention of fighting the league.

Since Kraft made that mini-speech and the Patriots released the email exchange with Pash, Goodell's public standing, ability to control the narrative, and possibly also his standing in the eyes of the owners have gone down a LOT, all in a short period of time. Most of the cause is surely the release of the appeal transcripts. But I think Kraft/the Pats have played a non-trivial role as well.

So Kraft and the Pats have indeed taken action. Consequently, what you wrote is self-contradictory nonsense.

Since Kraft made that mini-speech and the Patriots released the email exchange with Pash, Goodell's public standing, ability to control the narrative, and possibly also his standing in the eyes of the owners have gone down a LOT, all in a short period of time. Most of the cause is surely the release of the appeal transcripts. But I think Kraft/the Pats have played a non-trivial role as well.

So Kraft and the Pats have indeed taken action. Consequently, what you wrote is self-contradictory nonsense.
Those emails were all, or at least mostly all on the website anyway.

If you feel making a disagreement between attorneys in emails public is strong action, thats up to you.
I don't.

Here is an example.

Kraft should lodge a formal complaint with the league that both the Ravens and Colts violated the rules by using kicking balls that were not allowed.
If he doesn't want to sue the league, he should report every activity that is even close to illegal and overwhelm Goodells office with investigations.

Well, that's exactly the kind of thing I proposed in this thread. You seem to agree with me that, since the conventional wisdom is that no one lawsuit, complaint or whatever is likely to succeed, Kraft and the Pats should instead bury the league in quantity.

But where we disagree is this -- I think that what Kraft and the Patriots have already done recently can serve as the beginning of just such a sequence.

Those emails were all, or at least mostly all on the website anyway.

If you feel making a disagreement between attorneys in emails public is strong action, thats up to you.
I don't.

It is if it significantly influences public opinion. And it did.

Well, that's exactly the kind of thing I proposed in this thread. You seem to agree with me that, since the conventional wisdom is that no one lawsuit, complaint or whatever is likely to succeed, Kraft and the Pats should instead bury the league in quantity.

But where we disagree is this -- I think that what Kraft and the Patriots have already done recently can serve as the beginning of just such a sequence.

What he should do and what he is willing to do are very different.

This is still the same guy who gave away draft picks without an objection.

Does goodell like beer? 60,000 people should serve him some. On his head.

Does goodell like beer? 60,000 people should serve him some. On his head.
Why waste a beer on that loser. Actually drink early and throw the recycled beer on his head :p

Kraft should make a presentation to his fellow owners at hte upcoming meeting exposing the corruption on Park Ave: the lies, leaks and sham of a multi-million dollar investigation. He should confront them with the facts. He should argue that the process was wrong, and that the owners need to take action to correct it. He should have a firm position: Goodell's gunslinger roulette wheel brand of justice could hit any team. This travesty has been an embarrassment to the league and cannot stand.

Kraft should make a presentation to his fellow owners at hte upcoming meeting exposing the corruption on Park Ave: the lies, leaks and sham of a multi-million dollar investigation. He should confront them with the facts. He should argue that the process was wrong, and that the owners need to take action to correct it. He should have a firm position: Goodell's gunslinger roulette wheel brand of justice could hit any team. This travesty has been an embarrassment to the league and cannot stand.

Sadly I expect to see more pictures of them hugging.

Evidence to date certainly points in that direction. But if he discovers a pair and takes a stand on principle, his audience is a private one with the owners.

maxresdefault.jpg

The more I think about it Goodell is the perfect Alfredo.

Bob Kraft (Michael Corleone): :I know it was you, Fredo. You broke my heart. You broke my heart!"

Goodell (Alfredor): "Fredo Corleone: It ain't the way I wanted it! I can handle things! I'm smart! Not like everybody says... like dumb... I'm smart and I want respect!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes