PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Kraft admits he sold the team out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deus Irae

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
“It’s more important that the people running the league do the right thing for the league than for any one franchise,” Kraft said. “And, in our case, we had a situation where the league really messed up big time, and, you know, we were very disappointed, and we decided to step back because we are in this business for the long term and we tried to be a good partner.”

Robert Kraft: NFL owner needs to be a “good partner”

Now, let's have no more nonsense from the people who've been foolishly defending him.

I appreciate the fact that he bought the team so they didn't relocate, provided stable ownership for 3 decades and hired BB.

************ did he F over this fan base and TB12 and regardless how many Super Bowl parties he throws it will always annoy me about him.

Last edited:
Fine. SpongeBob bought the franchise and that's good. But I hope he'll be remembered for all time as the man who sold out the greatest football player of all time for 30(billion) pieces of silver. :mad:
30 billion pieces of silver would be worth about $510 billion! :eek:

I was disappointed when Kraft accepted Goodell's punishment. When it is all said and done, it will be only a blemish on his record. Would you trade this owner for another? He publicly admitted his mistake, which is huge. Not many members here would consider that option even when they are clearly wrong.

I was disappointed when Kraft accepted Goodell's punishment. When it is all said and done, it will be only a blemish on his record. Would you trade this owner for another? He publicly admitted his mistake, which is huge. Not many members here would consider that option even when they are clearly wrong.

Your post is a great example of what I meant by

let's have no more nonsense from the people who've been foolishly defending him.

If he had honestly admitted to a mistake, rather than just spoken words he hoped would placate the rubes, he wouldn't be firing off at Jones. He'd be publicly siding with him. And he wouldn't still be spouting the "full 32" type of crap.

Your post is a great example of what I meant by

If he had honestly admitted to a mistake, rather than just spoken words he hoped would placate the rubes, he wouldn't be firing off at Jones. He'd be publicly siding with him. And he wouldn't still be spouting the "full 32" type of crap.

LOL, what a coincidence! Obviously, your ego is bigger then Robert Krafts. Again, in twenty years, people will still be pissed but will not trade Kraft for another owner due to making this a great franchise.

Last edited:
At the end of the day, NE paid very little to continue its dominant position in the league for several years. Pretty shrewd play, imho, and it worked out pretty well. That’s not popular, it’s not visceral, it’s not satisfying, but it’s the truth.

Everything he said is a fact. Owners are part of the league and so are the teams. If you want the Patriots to be a barnstorming team like the old negro baseball leagues, suggest it. 2 of the last 3 Super Bowls.

I would trade this owner for one who would hire Bill Belichick, get out of the way, and stand up when the commissioner tries to screw the franchise.

Everything he said is a fact. Owners are part of the league and so are the teams. If you want the Patriots to be a barnstorming team like the old negro baseball leagues, suggest it. 2 of the last 3 Super Bowls.
There is a gap wider than the Grand Canyon between the 2 things you offer as if they were the only alternatives.

The NFL is a business and Kraft made a business decision. There was nothing complicated. Do I like it? Hell no but I’m a fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe