PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Key to Beating the Chargers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
we are a completely different team from that awful week in Baltimore, havent u been listening to ESPN, MARTY BALL DIED THAT DAY! so just wait until our Cam Cameron Offense shows up against you guys, you will see thats all i have to say you will see

k just remember..Belichick aint no dud..we'll come ready

in the mean time..please..dont show up here. we dont need ignorant fans who think Patriots D blows and that you will put 500 yards on us

and if their coach wasn't an idiot they would have gone 15-1. you even point out why the team has overcome Marty: talent

Well, Marty-as-house-idiot, notwithstanding, the Chargers had a great season. They are a very well-rounded team, and they *will* be the most difficult match-up we have faced all year.

Everybody -- and I mean EVERYBODY -- has got to bring their season (or career) game to deep southern Cal next week, or it's lights out.

The Pats team I saw tonight was a good solid team, but they will need to be even better next week than they were tonight; even more so, in fact, or it'll be time for Pebble Beach.

If they can do that, I like their chances. If anybody falls asleep, it'll be hasta la vista, baby.... and the Governator may just be there, too !!!

Won't THAT be special !!

//

Of what I've seen this season, rivers has been controlling himself pretty well with pressure. Two weeks ago we were losing vs the seahawks in the last 30 seconds of the 4th quarter and bam, 37 yard touchdown for the win, it was a great comeback. good luck against us next week

San Diego is a GREAT matchup for the Pats. It's gonna be on Rivers to make plays, and I'll take my chances with Belichick winning that matchup and Brady taking care of his business as well.

Key to victory Hope LT gets lost on his way to the stadium lol well he is averaging 142 rush yards a game against you guys Thats some stingy defense!

San Diego is a GREAT matchup for the Pats. It's gonna be on Rivers to make plays, and I'll take my chances with Belichick winning that matchup and Brady taking care of his business as well.

:yeahthat:

It's not that cut and dried. That would make sense if Rivers was the main guy, but Rivers won't be the focus of the defense, LT will be. That means Rivers will have opportunities and advantages to exploit the defense as long as LT is on the field.

Last edited:
A couple of questions about the Chargers. Do they do very different O gameplans each week depending on the opponent or do they just kind of do what they do each week and dare the other team to stop it. And do they play zone pass D, mostly m2m or both about evenly? Maybe one of the SD fans can answer.

Thats funny because I thought the Patriots were a perfect matchup for the Chargers. Everyone points to Rivers as the key. I'll take my chances with him. Brady has been the best for many years and he is still one of the best. When the Chargers pillaged the Giants for Rivers, Merriman, and Kaeding (3 pro bowlers) for ShEli Manning, I was beyond thrilled. I said then that Rivers would be better than Manning or Roethlisberger. Safe to say I was right.

22 TD's and only 9 picks in his first 16 starts! Are you kidding me? Highest 4th quarter QB rating in the NFL this year. Pro Bowl.

You have to watch him every week to really appreciate him. He has leadership qualities that are behind only Brady, and maybe ShEli's big brother.

Trust me, when this next game is over, win or lose, you will understand why Rivers does not scare Charger fans.

A couple of questions about the Chargers. Do they do very different O gameplans each week depending on the opponent or do they just kind of do what they do each week and dare the other team to stop it. And do they play zone pass D, mostly m2m or both about evenly? Maybe one of the SD fans can answer.

Of course they make adjustments depending on who they are playing. I haven't analyzed the percentages but they play a mix of zone and man depending on the situation and the team they are playing. It would be pretty stupid for any team to predictably do the same thing over and over again.

limit TO's (1 at the most). Hold LT at or below 100 yards on the ground and 50 or less in the air. Pick off Rivers at least once.
Doing my math, with those three variables that will equal a Pats win when everything else plays out.

stopping LT in the passing game is probably equally important ..if LT gets 120 yards on 30 carries . it wouldnt be such a bad deal IMO
also cam cameron is the off coord now being touted for head coaching jobs..now iam saying its going to effect play calling but in the playoffs people do weird things like over coach by which i mean SD might just come out throwing to take a lead and then run LT later...

I cant believe the total infestation of Bolt-trolls tonight. To all of you "our team is great and unbeatable and you guys suck" Charger fans, see the attention Charger fan thread. For the few of you who want to come here in this forum and join the debate in a positive way, with facts, detailed game analysis and break downs and insights to add to our PATRIOTS FANS board please hang around.

Geeze. These guys are as bad as Donks trolls. How many of us infect their sites this way, I wonder?

KEEP LT UNDER 80 YARDS RUSHING- KEEP LT UNDER 80 YARDS RUSHING - KEEP LT UNDER 80 YARDS RUSHING...Got it? - If LT gets near or over 100 yrds rushing then we go packing for home,simple to understand.

I think it's opposite... like the super bowl vs. the giants... let 'em run, they won't really get anywhere...

Of course they make adjustments depending on who they are playing. I haven't analyzed the percentages but they play a mix of zone and man depending on the situation and the team they are playing. It would be pretty stupid for any team to predictably do the same thing over and over again.

* Do they go no huddle sometimes, empty backfield, 5 WR's. Throw a lot of screens one week but not the next. Throw mostly short one week, not teh next. Maybe I worded it wrong seeing the way you answered. Actually some teams so pretty much the same O every week with just a little variation because they do it so well. I was really talking about totally changing up what they do.

I cant believe the total infestation of Bolt-trolls tonight. To all of you "our team is great and unbeatable and you guys suck" Charger fans, see the attention Charger fan thread. For the few of you who want to come here in this forum and join the debate in a positive way, with facts, detailed game analysis and break downs and insights to add to our PATRIOTS FANS board please hang around.

Geeze. These guys are as bad as Donks trolls. How many of us infect their sites this way, I wonder?

Ok, calm down. Nobody said u guys suck.
And the reason we're here is cuz we finnaly found out who the Chargers will play this week. Its been boring.

All we're saying is that the Chargers matchup extremely well with the Patriots. And that were sick of watching the Pats in the Super Bowl. lol

Ok, calm down. Nobody said u guys suck.
And the reason we're here is cuz we finnaly found out who the Chargers will play this week. Its been boring.

All we're saying is that the Chargers matchup extremely well with the Patriots. And that were sick of watching the Pats in the Super Bowl. lol

Well a real discussion of matchups could be interesting. But the absolute BS of LT is Superman FAST and your linebackers are slow is not discussing matchups. Lets see you guys look at it this way..."when the Chargers run the ball, so and so can handle Vince Wilfork one on one to open holes in the middle of the Patriots line because...and our tackles negate Seymour and Warren because, and There is no way the Patriots OLB's will be able to get the edge because..." Thats discussion. You are on a Patriots Fan forum. We have a forum to go to dis the Pats, proclaim your team the best in the history of the world, etc. Its called the visitors locker room.

I know how boring it is to sit and wonder who the team will play after the bye. We've done that a few times recently:D .

Oh and we NEVER get sick of seeing the Patriots in the Superbowl.:singing:

Well a real discussion of matchups could be interesting. But the absolute BS of LT is Superman FAST and your linebackers are slow is not discussing matchups. Lets see you guys look at it this way..."when the Chargers run the ball, so and so can handle Vince Wilfork one on one to open holes in the middle of the Patriots line because...and our tackles negate Seymour and Warren because, and There is no way the Patriots OLB's will be able to get the edge because..." Thats discussion. You are on a Patriots Fan forum. We have a forum to go to dis the Pats, proclaim your team the best in the history of the world, etc. Its called the visitors locker room.

I know how boring it is to sit and wonder who the team will play after the bye. We've done that a few times recently:D .

Oh and we NEVER get sick of seeing the Patriots in the Superbowl.:singing:

LOL, its cuz Ive had an opportunity over the last few season to scout the Patriots if you catch my drift. And I know the Chargers as well as anyone.

And no one ever said the Chargers were the best team in history, im pretty sure half of the Pats fans screennames like "Patsdynasty" and "3rings" and "PatsSBeveryyear" sum up what you guys think of your team.

You guys think your nothing less then gods, well the Chargers are gonna take you down a peg or two on Sunday.

Key to victory Hope LT gets lost on his way to the stadium lol well he is averaging 142 rush yards a game against you guys Thats some stingy defense!

Really? Those would be games in 2002 when the Pats' defense has all of three of the same players (Seymour, Vrable, and Bruschi) and 2005 when the Pats' defense was a MASH unit.

Let's look at Brady's numbers vs the Chargers:

3 games, 941 yards, 5 td's.

What do those numbers mean? Nothing. It is the 2006 patriots vs the 2006 chargers. May the best team on Sunday win.

The SD fans may be confident and ****y here, but I guarantee you that the SC coaching staff and players are ALREADY wondering what they'll do to counter the Pats unpredictability, flexibility, and schemes. There already is an element of fear starting to creep into their heads, and by the time Sunday gets here, it will be well fed and thriving. Schottenheimer just doesn't have the ability to deal with it. Its a week away from the game and he's already being outcoached.

This is the key to the game, IMHO. Play the game the way we played the Jets, because this SD team won't know what hit them, and unlike the Jets, by the time the first quarter is over, they'll start pointing fingers at each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Back