PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Key to Beating the Chargers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The SD fans may be confident and ****y here, but I guarantee you that the SC coaching staff and players are ALREADY wondering what they'll do to counter the Pats unpredictability, flexibility, and schemes. There already is an element of fear starting to creep into their heads, and by the time Sunday gets here, it will be well fed and thriving. Schottenheimer just doesn't have the ability to deal with it. Its a week away from the game and he's already being outcoached.

This is the key to the game, IMHO. Play the game the way we played the Jets, because this SD team won't know what hit them, and unlike the Jets, by the time the first quarter is over, they'll start pointing fingers at each other.

Thanks for the analysis. Us Charger fans now know what was bothering us all afternoon. It was the "element of fear" starting to creep into our heads. Seriously though, everyone I talked to out here in beautiful San Diego was glad we did not have to face K.C. again. Larry Johnson has always been able to run for 140 yards against us. We don't have any bad memories of playing against the Patriots.

The only finger pointing going on next Sunday, about 7:45 Eastern time, will be Charger players pointing an index finger skyward to tell all of their fans who is number one.

Of what I've seen this season, rivers has been controlling himself pretty well with pressure. Two weeks ago we were losing vs the seahawks in the last 30 seconds of the 4th quarter and bam, 37 yard touchdown for the win, it was a great comeback. good luck against us next week

The thing with that is, Rivers knew they're still going to play a game after that one. This time around, he knows that it's either they win to live another day or they lose and wait through the long off-season. Let's see, how he plays under that pressure.

They obviously have to stop the run. So obvious, in fact, that I don't think they can sell out tothe run immediately.

I've seen this too often, (hell, we did it against vikes and jax), Where a QB will hit 2 or 3 because of 8 in the box, then run it up the gut.

With Wilfork back, I think we can play them honest, then try to apply the run stopping overload.

Patience and different looks are the key to keep them out of a rhythm.

The only finger pointing going on next Sunday, about 7:45 Eastern time, will be Charger players pointing an index finger skyward to tell all of their fans who is number one.

****iness. Overconfidence. Smack.

Keep it up. I love it!! You're sweetening the pot.

//

Last edited:
And we can't be predictable on offense. This is a formidable team and we need to set the tempo with long, patient drives.

Our DL gives us the advantage as the game wears on.

5. Its in San Diego, itll be loud and crazy and make it even harder for your mismatched offense.

LOL! You had me til this last one. I live in SoCal. The fans there are laid-back front-runners. Please. Be serious.

LOL, its cuz Ive had an opportunity over the last few season to scout the Patriots if you catch my drift. And I know the Chargers as well as anyone.

Lady and gents, I give you the typical mongoloid SoCal sports fan who is, as usual, under the misimpression that WE are as stupid as he is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back