PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Kevin Faulk has no offers from anyone [Update: Turns down Pats' offer]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Faulk turns down Pats offer?

he will sign the pats are not offering more then 1.5 to 2 million a year. just a guess. this maybe he's last year and it's a uncaped season im sure he is trying to get a one year. 3 or 4 million a year deal.

Last edited:
Re: Kevin Faulk has no offers from anyone...

I hope to see Faulk back but what about Tatum Bell as Faulk's replacement....

Tatum Bell? The guy hasn't played since 2008 and has played in only 12 games since 2006.

I love Kevin Faulk, but running back is one position where age is everything. It's a shock that he's been good for so long, but it's time to draft a 23-year old with some intelligence and burst.

Career touches:
Ladainian Tomlinson: 3,422 (age 30)
Thomas Jones: 2,587 (age 32)
Ricky Williams: 2,474 (age 32)
Stephen Jackson: 1,833 (age 26)
Kevin Faulk: 1,541 (age 33)
Adrian Peterson: 1,015 (age 24)

Age is definitely not everything. It's not even the biggest thing, by a long shot.

Re: Kevin Faulk has no offers from anyone...

Tatum Bell? The guy hasn't played since 2008 and has played in only 12 games since 2006.

He played in the UFL this year.

Turned down? Whaaaaaaat...?

I'm curious why he turned down the offer? I guess he's looking to see if another team will sniff around and offer more so he can tell the Pats, will you match that? And they probably will. That's pretty much what happened with Bodden. Although he had to get on a plane to Texas, in the end he got an offer from the Pats that made him happy.

I'd like to see Faulk back for sure, he's a great fit for our system and still productive. But the Pats won't offer him much bankroll when they are only competing against themselves for his services so far.

Last edited:
I'm curious why he turned down the offer? I guess he's looking to see if another team will sniff around and offer more so he can tell the Pats, will you match that? And they probably will. That's pretty much what happened with Bodden. Although he had to get on a plane to Texas, in the end he got an offer from the Pats that made him happy.

That is assuming the Patriots will give him more than what they offered...they could be standing firm on their offer.

I'm hoping he just plays for more money and not just using the Patriots as a base to increase what others are offering him...

By Christopher Price

Interesting story from our buddy Jordan Raanan at CSNPhilly.com, who spoke with Kevn Faulk’s agent Raymond Brothers about the possibility of the veteran free agent running back signing with the Eagles. While Philadelphia has yet to reach out to Faulk, Brothers tells Raanan that the Eagles would be “intriguing” to Faulk because “they have a chance to win a Super Bowl.” Philadelphia has been in the market for a veteran running back since dumping veteran Brian Westbrook last week.

The 33-year-old Faulk has spent all 11 years of his professional career in New England, and is one of only a few players left in the Patriots locker room who has played on all three Super Bowl teams. You would think that in the wake of the recent spate of signing their own guys — including Vince Wilfork, Leigh Bodden and Stephen Neal — Faulk figures to be the next Patriot in line for a new deal in New England. However, Faulk reportedly has not yet received an offer from the Patriots.

Faulk has a couple of years of carries left and he thinks he's worth more than what the patriots are offering. I have no problem with that.

We all want him back because we think he is valuable.

Wouldn't he be valuable to Philly as a replacement for Westbrook?

Faulk has a couple of years of carries left and he thinks he's worth more than what the patriots are offering. I have no problem with that.

We all want him back because we think he is valuable.

Wouldn't he be valuable to Philly as a replacement for Westbrook?

If they were asking to assume even half as many touches as Westbrook used to get, then it would probably be a bad match for both of them.

I would love to see him end his career in a Patriots uniform hopefully everything will work itself out and as for Tatum Bell :rofl:

Seeing Faulk in another uniform? barf

Last edited:
If they were asking to assume even half as many touches as Westbrook used to get, then it would probably be a bad match for both of them.

It really doesn't seem like their talents overlap. Westbrook seems to have been more of a screen guy.

If KF went to Philly, he better get some feet padding to protect from all the passes McNabb would nail him.

Tatum Bell?

Great, it's bad enough that they have a CANCER in the locker room, a thief would be another matter altogether.

Interesting story from our buddy Jordan Raanan at CSNPhilly.com, who spoke with Kevn Faulk’s agent Raymond Brothers
An agent trying to drum up business? Who'd a thunk?

Kevin hasn't been a high priority free agent, this means he's one of the players who needs to be patient for a few days until the first rush or two if signings are over. Giving things a few more days to see if another team nibbles will help him set his price for NE.

EXACTLY
Thomas Jones has been signed that helps slightly, as did Chester Cheetah, but I think he needs to wait until at least one of LT and Westbrook are signed as well.

By Christopher Price

Interesting story from our buddy Jordan Raanan at CSNPhilly.com, who spoke with Kevn Faulk’s agent Raymond Brothers about the possibility of the veteran free agent running back signing with the Eagles. While Philadelphia has yet to reach out to Faulk, Brothers tells Raanan that the Eagles would be “intriguing” to Faulk because “they have a chance to win a Super Bowl.” Philadelphia has been in the market for a veteran running back since dumping veteran Brian Westbrook last week.

The 33-year-old Faulk has spent all 11 years of his professional career in New England, and is one of only a few players left in the Patriots locker room who has played on all three Super Bowl teams. You would think that in the wake of the recent spate of signing their own guys — including Vince Wilfork, Leigh Bodden and Stephen Neal — Faulk figures to be the next Patriot in line for a new deal in New England. However, Faulk reportedly has not yet received an offer from the Patriots.

Even though this is just speculation, it's disappointing. Faulk would be a tremendous pick-up for the Eagles and his departure would create yet another hole in the line-up that would have to be filled through the draft. Like I said before, I think the Pats should sign Faulk to a two year deal and pick up a guy like Trindon Holliday (or another third down type of back) in the draft to learn from Faulk while he is still here. Sincerely hoping #33 is with us until he decides to hang 'em up.

Seeing Faulk in another uniform? barf

:ditto: He would look awkward in another uniform. He is a Patriot and should retire as one. I really hope to see him on this team again this season. He is such a valuable piece to the offense.

i really would like to see Kevin finish his career as a Patriot

i hope an agreement will be found also because he is still a valuable player in our offense

stay with us # 33

I feel that Kevin will be back, he's a cornerstone of our franchise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News