PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Kevin Faulk has no offers from anyone [Update: Turns down Pats' offer]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Kevin Faulk has no offers from anyone...

I hope to see Faulk back but what about Tatum Bell as Faulk's replacement....

How about no?

Not sure why he wouldn't be a lock for this upcoming season.
He isn't even on the 80-man roster, never mind a lock for the 53.

Faulk turns down Pats offer?

Updating a previous item, free agent Kevin Faulk confirms the Patriots have made him an offer.

The offer was apparently not to Faulk's liking because the sides remain in "a holding pattern." At age 34, his best bet is a return to New England in the third-down role.

Twitter / Ian R. Rapoport: Patriots RB Kevin Faulk te ...

Per Rotoworld the Pats made an offer to Faulk, but it was not to his liking.

Re: Faulk turns down Pats offer?

Something will get done. I really don't think Faulk wants to end his career anywhere else other than New England. And, both he and the Patriots would be fools to go separate ways.

Something will get done. I really don't think Faulk wants to end his career anywhere else other than New England. And, both he and the Patriots would be fools to go separate ways.

I say he's only going to play two more years in the league, he'll be 36 by then. He's most likely going to get his most playing time with us, than anyone else.

Unless I'm really missing something, Faulk didn't show any dropoff in effectiveness last year. Not sure why he wouldn't be a lock for this upcoming season.

:GoodPosting:

not sure why so many seem to think he is showing signs of slowing down. looked like the same'ol Kevin to me last year.

The same tatum bell who couldnt make it with the 0-16 Lions?

Did he turn it down or did it slip out of his hands? :bricks:

:GoodPosting:

not sure why so many seem to think he is showing signs of slowing down. looked like the same'ol Kevin to me last year.

Must be that 4th and 2 he didn't quite make clearly enough for the refs to see.

I'm guessing the Pats offered him 1 year and he wants a 2 year deal. I remain hopeful/confident that they will bring him back.

Kevin hasn't been a high priority free agent, this means he's one of the players who needs to be patient for a few days until the first rush or two if signings are over. Giving things a few more days to see if another team nibbles will help him set his price for NE.

I love Kevin Faulk, but running back is one position where age is everything. It's a shock that he's been good for so long, but it's time to draft a 23-year old with some intelligence and burst.

All has been eerily quiet on the LT front. Any chance BB might be considering him an option for a pass catching 3rd down back with a bigger upside potential?

I don't get the edited headline. Of course an offer was made, how else could he turn one down. :rolleyes:

I love Kevin Faulk, but running back is one position where age is everything. It's a shock that he's been good for so long, but it's time to draft a 23-year old with some intelligence and burst.

It's miles not age with RBs, Faulk can still get it done on the field, I'll take him any day over a younger back like Tomlinson. That being said I totally think they should sign Brian Westbrook as well.

Last edited:

Anybody that replaces Faulk better be darned good at blitz pickup.

I don't get the edited headline. Of course an offer was made, how else could he turn one down. :rolleyes:

Nevermind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back