PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Kevin Faulk cries when asked about Randy Moss

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice post and great insight MassPats.

I never want to see Randy in a Pats uniform again. Thanks for the memories and the highlights - but buh-bye. His presence changed the offensive philosophy of the Pats. Instead of taking what the defense is giving you - they forced the ball deep early and often. Hard not to when you have a Randy Moss on your team. Not saying he is a bad guy - but I like the Pats team without him better.

Well said. I liked Randy but I didn't like what his presence did to the offense and Brady in particular. Brady is a better all around QB without Moss. I believe that Belichick sensed the emotional toil Randy took on the team, sensed the big star paradigm conflict that Randy's persona conflicted with the old style Patriots culture he was trying to instill in the young players and most of all BB saw that Randy's on field presence caused Tom Brady to make play decisions that were not in the best interests of the team as Tom sought to keep his friend Randy happy and contributing.

I say well said to you sir because in two paragraphs I think you hit on what most couldnt in the whole thread. IMO it wasnt that Moss had deteriated into some cancer who was going to get his reps or damn the team but that team had slightly derailed from its core philosophies due to Moss and as Moss was nearing the end of his contract and letting it known he wanted a new one the two came to a head and when a 3 presented itself BB jumped all over it like Kramer accepting a Jackie Childs negotiated deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft