Not open for further replies.

Tunescribe

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
2023 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Anyone else see that segment on Patriots Game Day this morning? It was really quite touching. Steve Burton was interviewing Kevin Faulk about the Patriots season and asked his thoughts about Randy Moss. Faulk burst into tears and almost couldn't continue the interview. He said he and most of the rest of the team were close with Randy. He also said he could see Moss back with the Patriots next year. But most interesting of all was that he said he believes Moss can still play at an elite level -- he was adamant about that.

Of course he can still play, his one handed catch in week two showed that. Will he play as a part in the structure of an offense ? That's a tougher question.

Will he play as a part in the structure of an offense ? That's a tougher question.

No and he isnt the player he was years ago. The name still brings recognition like Jerry Rice did in the twilight of his career.

I really don't understand the moss situation still. He's a great team mate everyone loves him but at the same time he's a cancer and puts little effort in at times :confused:

Any links to the video?

Faulk's reaction wouldn't surprise me. The issue with Moss was not that teammates hated him, but instead appeared to be his ability to keep his emotions in check on a team that does not encourage individuality. He appeared to feel a need to stand in the spotlight regularly on a team you may be hero one week and invisible the next. The members of this team appear to embrace that, Moss didn't seem capable of doing so. If he could accept that role, I would be happy to see him rejoin the team as I do believe he has the skills to contribute. But I seriously doubt it will happen.

I'm not interested in any player super star or not having any say in personnel decisions.

Maybe if Faulk didn't get hurt Moss doesn't get traded? Just something to ponder...

IF we win the Super Bowl, I say Randy gets a ring.

Faulk's reaction wouldn't surprise me. The issue with Moss was not that teammates hated him, but instead appeared to be his ability to keep his emotions in check on a team that does not encourage individuality. He appeared to feel a need to stand in the spotlight regularly on a team you may be hero one week and invisible the next. The members of this team appear to embrace that, Moss didn't seem capable of doing so. If he could accept that role, I would be happy to see him rejoin the team as I do believe he has the skills to contribute. But I seriously doubt it will happen.

Nice post and great insight MassPats.

It's nice that Faulk likes him so much but Randy has NO ONE to blame but himself for the fact that he's not here anymore.

Maybe if Faulk didn't get hurt Moss doesn't get traded? Just something to ponder...

IF we win the Super Bowl, I say Randy gets a ring.

You think Randy would want one?

No, I liked when Randy was here and all, but the Moss era is over.... I'm okay with it. For the first time in a long time, the mojo on this team (post Moss) is the one that has been missing for quite a few years now.

Yeah with all these young new players on the team, and the whole sentiment of the season to 'turn the page on the past' and 'start a new dynasty' Moss' selfishness and dog-faking was bad.

I think more than anything though, Moss used to be able to beat double teams and triple teams a few times in a game. He still commands double teams, but I don't know if it's a lack of effort or just age - he can't beat them as often (if at all) anymore.

Sorry. I don't see him being a viable asset to the team next season. Would I welcome him back in a reduced role with a very small salary? Yeah. Do I like the offense without him? Double yeah.

As much as Moss was a good citizen while a Patriots I do not want to see him return next season. I liked Moss and I still like Moss, but I don't believe he is worthy of a roster spot. We're playing well and have a chance to develop and continue to develop some young players.

I think Moss realized that he blew a really good thing here in New England. I'm sure he would practically kill someone to be able to come back to the Pats. I just don't see it happening.

Moss wouldn't make the roster cut. He doesn't fit in our scheme anymore.

Anyone else see that segment on Patriots Game Day this morning? It was really quite touching. Steve Burton was interviewing Kevin Faulk about the Patriots season and asked his thoughts about Randy Moss. Faulk burst into tears and almost couldn't continue the interview. He said he and most of the rest of the team were close with Randy. He also said he could see Moss back with the Patriots next year. But most interesting of all was that he said he believes Moss can still play at an elite level -- he was adamant about that.

Let's ask Wes Welker what he thinks. :rolleyes:
Moss is no longer an elite player and Moss will never be a Patriot again.
Dog blew his chance.

Randy fits the same scheme that Tate fits.

Randy's snaps would be curtailed, and he'd be used as a decoy. But he also might be targeted a few times, and he'd be deadly with the reemphasis on the short game.

Does Moss want to take on a cameo role on the Patriots? Without complaining once? If so, then of course he could help the team, undoubtedly. He'd be stealing some of Tate's snaps though.

Branch fits our offense much much better than Moss, nothing against Randy. Brady is the best QB in football when he has lots of options among quick smurfs, tight ends and RBs. Varied, safe offense that's almost impossible to defend unless teams have handfuls of decent DBs and or great coverage LBs.

Probably not, but they should at least offer. He did help win at least 2, arguably 3 games.

Are you including the Oct 31st game? It was his biggest contribution to a Patriots win all season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes