PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Kevin Faulk cries when asked about Randy Moss

Status
Not open for further replies.
How is that a fact?? Show me how that is a fact. Anything will do.

Reports are less reliable than his teammates comments about him. The "reporters" weren't there, they heard it from someone else. And even if you accept those reports as fact, there was nothing in them that demonstrates that Moss had become such a cancer that Belichick couldn't even stand to have the guy on the team anymore.

Your hatred for the guy is irrational, and so are your arguments. You speak as if you were on the locker room, there are no "facts" here, merely opinions, as neither you nor I have real knowledge of what went on. I am merely coming up with a more reasonable explanation as to why he was traded, without resorting to mediatic sensationalism. But, obviously, you're blinded by your personal bias against Moss.

And oh, by the way, I never drunk the kool-aid on this trade. Actually, I was against it when it happened. If anyone is the homer here, it's you, for the mere fact that you are placing the responsibility for the trade solely on Moss, acting as if Belichick had no other choice, and thus made the undoubtedly right decision by trading him. I'm not saying he was right or wrong, all I'm arguing is that it might not be as black and white as "Moss was a bum and the team would be ruined if he weren't traded", simply because there is absolutely no evidence to support that claim.

You claim there is no evidence to suggest Moss forced BB's hand?

Oh my, can someone not in love with Moss tell him how wrong he is? I really don't feel like it.

Last edited by a moderator:
You claim there is no evidence to suggest Moss forced BB's hand?

Oh my, can someone not in love with Moss tell him how wrong he is? I really don't feel like it.

Do you know the meaning of the word "evidence"? You can't treat something as fact when only Bill Belichick knows the real reason. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure neither of us is Bill Belichick.

Do you know the meaning of the word "evidence"? You can't treat something as fact when only Bill Belichick knows the real reason. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure neither of us is Bill Belichick.

I'm pretty sure its a fact Moss gave little to no effort against Carolina last season and went missing early this season. It was sad to see TFB having to beg Moss on the bench to get going.

If BB only knows, why are you saying what happened? Do you know the meaning of hypocritical?

Moss is a weirdo scumbag and always was . . . and we all know it.

Your post is a weirdo scumbag post.

Yes Moss gets and accepts a ring.

Yes Moss can help this team next year.

Trading Moss was the right move at the time, but it doesn't mean that bringing him back wont ever be the right move for a different time.

Last edited:
Moss apologists, like those with Maroney will never accept the facts.

Your whole post makes me cringe, every part. Are the Patriots known for being an organization that would trash a player, let alone a past Pats player? I guess the 10+ reports of his pathetic attitude and his obvious quitting during games is blind to you. Did you happen to watch the Carolina game last season? I know, I know he played hard right?

The bold isnt even worth my comment because your just drinking the koolaid BB sold on you about the trade. He forced BB's hand, that's a fact.

I can pretty much guarentee you were one of the ones claiming our offense was doomed because we didn't have a deep threat or someone to "stretch the field"

I respect what he did for us in 07 and 08 but his piss poor attitude and how its all about him is something I will never forgive him for. Why did Minn get rid of him? I guess he didn't force their hand either? Come on now, you cant even believe what you're saying.

Sort of a lousy position to take, particularly since the team had only lost one game with him on the team. Brady was certainly not thriving under the new system in any particularly blinding fashion. The Patriots had scored 23, 23 and 28 points without Moss, which isn't terrible but is certainly less than the 38,14,38,41 sort of numbers being put up with Moss on the team, before getting destroyed by Cleveland. It was only after the Cleveland beat down, when Brady took things to heart, buckled down, and finally began to look like Brady 2007 again, that Brady & Co. began turning up the heat.

Last edited:
I want to believe that:

1) Moss would be offered a SB ring if the Pats win it this year
2) Moss would accept it if offered
3) Moss would return as a low salary backup

But I have doubts of all three, because...

1) I don't recall a precedent of a player not on the roster as of the SB getting a ring (unless you count Deuce McAllister who was on the Saints roster for the NFC Championship but inactive, and then retired right after)
2) Moss is a proud man and probably wouldn't feel like he earned it and wouldn't want to diminish the efforts of those who fought on the trenches.
3) Again, Moss is a proud man who still believes he can play at an elite level and would probably continue to look for a team where he can get the opportunity to display it, and he would struggle to find that on a share-the-wealth offense like New England's.

He would need to let winning and being part of a special team in New England trumpet all the stats and money. And I still don't know that that will end up being the case.

I was one of Moss's biggest homers while he was here, but there were warning signs early on. I know some will disagree, but these things always rubbed be the wrong way about him.

1) The rumors of him being cut. Maybe whoever published them out of the clear blue, but it was always in the back of my mind that that info. came from team sources disappointed with Randy's effort.

2) The fact the Moss didn't practice on Wednesdays his first year. It took Brady nine years to take a weekly practice off

3) Moss not celebrating with team after AFCCG. I remember being at that game and thought it odd that I didn't see him out there.

4) Moss postgame comments following the Super Bowl. I never heard anyone else comment on what he said, but I remember him putting blame on the coaches. Instead of saying the team played bad as a whole, he made a point to the coaches' gameplan.

My point is that even during the best of times Randy really couldn't be trusted. The man, I believe, has very serious meltal problems and honestly I worry for his safety. Even when people proclaim that he has learned his lesson after leaving the Patriots, Moss still shows signs of being a cancer. Deep down inside, does anyone seriously believe 'Woody' from Tennessee radio wasn't Moss? He'll never be back here.

Would rather bring big Sey back.

Ugh...despite how excellent this offense has been in his absence I can't help but miss seeing #81 (One of the best receivers of all time) in Foxboro. He may have made a few comments that triggered his shipping out of NE, but I still loved the guy even after he was traded.

The guy made a mistake and I'm betting he realized it very quickly after the trade. I almost want him back here but the success of the offense without Randy has just been too good.

Randy Moss was only here for three years, but he easily earned the title of the best receiver to ever wear a Patriots uniform

Ugh...despite how excellent this offense has been in his absence I can't help but miss seeing #81 (One of the best receivers of all time) in Foxboro. He may have made a few comments that triggered his shipping out of NE, but I still loved the guy even after he was traded.

The guy made a mistake and I'm betting he realized it very quickly after the trade. I almost want him back here but the success of the offense without Randy has just been too good.

Randy Moss was only here for three years, but he easily earned the title of the best receiver to ever wear a Patriots uniform

well, the patriots rarely, if at all had great receivers. Should not be too difficult for Moss to be the GOAT receiver for New England.

How was Randy Moss anything other than a class act on and off the field while with the Patriots? Unless you know something I don't, the man was the best WR this team has ever seen, and probably will ever see, and I surely don't recall anyone in the organization having anything bad to say about the guy.

In effect, we want/need Patriot players:

1. To be admirable people.
2. To be CERTAIN KINDS of admirable people.

Moss did better by #1 than he eventually did by #2.

Moss seems to be a person who finds is stressful to consistently act well by conventional and conformist standards. His means of blowing off the stress, at least since he became a Patriot, weren't bad at all. But if the conformism-prizing team thought they were excessive even so, then it was reasonable to ship him out.

I don't see how Moss could wind up back here ... except when he gets to the "shadow roster" stage of his career.

At that point brains, system/QB familiarity, and whatever then remains of his talent could make him a situational fit.

Do you miss CBs running stride for stride with him.
Do you miss Brady forcing throws in his direction
Do you miss Brady giving his midgame pep talks to him
Do you miss his me first press conferences after big wins

We are talking 2011 now, not 2007. Age caught up with him and he was mentally incapable of dealing with it professionally. "Get me out of the AFC East" where DBs openly mocked him and spoke the truth that he shuts it down when faced with adversity. In his mind, he is "RANDY MOSS", all time great. But three teams in '10 realized differently.

I want to believe that:

1) I don't recall a precedent of a player not on the roster as of the SB getting a ring (unless you count Deuce McAllister who was on the Saints roster for the NFC Championship but inactive, and then retired right after)
2) Moss is a proud man and probably wouldn't feel like he earned it and wouldn't want to diminish the efforts of those who fought on the trenches.
3) Again, Moss is a proud man who still believes he can play at an elite level and would probably continue to look for a team where he can get the opportunity to display it, and he would struggle to find that on a share-the-wealth offense like New England's.

He would need to let winning and being part of a special team in New England trumpet all the stats and money. And I still don't know that that will end up being the case.
Edgerin James got one from the colts after 06.

Moss will not be back here next here and I find it amazing that there are folks here who are still clinging to that notion. The coach traded him because he was becoming a problem. Plain and simple. Just go back to the presser after the first game of the season and you will see all you need to about Moss.
If we win the Superbowl, hell yes Randy gets a ring.

Sort of a lousy position to take, particularly since the team had only lost one game with him on the team. Brady was certainly not thriving under the new system in any particularly blinding fashion. The Patriots had scored 23, 23 and 28 points without Moss, which isn't terrible but is certainly less than the 38,14,38,41 sort of numbers being put up with Moss on the team, before getting destroyed by Cleveland. It was only after the Cleveland beat down, when Brady took things to heart, buckled down, and finally began to look like Brady 2007 again, that Brady & Co. began turning up the heat.

"Sort of a lousy position to take, particularly since the team had only lost one game with him on the team."
--------------------------------
Woo-hoo!!! 3-1 with no victories over a team that had a winning record this season.
---------------------------------

"The Patriots had scored 23, 23 and 28 points without Moss"

Yes, it's called an adjustment period. They literally changed their offense. And by the way, one of those teams was the best defense in the NFL.

"It was only after the Cleveland beat down, when Brady took things to heart, buckled down, and finally began to look like Brady 2007 again....."

So the problem in the first half of the season was Brady not Moss?

That is, until he started to "take things to heart and buckled down"? What was Brady doing before then?

By the way, how does he look like the "Brady of 2007" again? That Brady was a mad bomber (the best ever). This year, he is back to the Brady of 2001-2005. THAT is the key to the season.

The first four games he was trying to be the 2007 Brady and the switch was flipped by either him or the coaching staff (probably both) during that period to realize, 'hey we should change direction here'.

If they tried to get him to be the "2007 Brady", they would have been 10-6 or so and MAYBE playing yesterday.

I love Randy Moss for all his greatness and his warts. I am not bashing him and am thankful for the great job he did while here. However, he had to leave for this team (and Brady) to accelerate to a higher level this year.

Last edited:
What people don't seem to notice is exactly why Faulk was crying. Was he crying because Moss left, or because Moss screwed up such a good thing? Or because he allowed his insecurity to get the best of him? Nobody will ever know. We don't want to make any assumptions.

In the final analysis, Moss is not coming back. The whole team has moved on for the most part. I would look at the reactions that Moss has created for the team as an emotional cost to the team in the big picture, e.g. Faulk's crying- which is something that can scarcely be beneficial to the team and its focus. Yes he can deliver at times, but the ups and downs are just not worth it in the end.

Well said. I liked Randy but I didn't like what his presence did to the offense and Brady in particular. Brady is a better all around QB without Moss. I believe that Belichick sensed the emotional toil Randy took on the team, sensed the big star paradigm conflict that Randy's persona conflicted with the old style Patriots culture he was trying to instill in the young players and most of all BB saw that Randy's on field presence caused Tom Brady to make play decisions that were not in the best interests of the team as Tom sought to keep his friend Randy happy and contributing.

Last edited:
I don't see how Moss could wind up back here ... except when he gets to the "shadow roster" stage of his career.

At that point brains, system/QB familiarity, and whatever then remains of his talent could make him a situational fit.

He's there now, he's at that stage of his career. He's got one or two seasons left tops.

I want to believe that:

Not to derail this thread, but i actually saw Deuce McAllister on the sideline with the Saints during their embarassment of a game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back