PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Kerry Rhodes: "We want to embarass the Patriots"(Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
re: Kerry Rhodes: "We want to embarass the Patriots"(Merged)

Perhaps you should re-watch the game. I've seen it twice. Neither viewing matched up with your claim of the Patriots playing "very well". The local media, the national media and the members of the Patriots, including the head coach who had plenty (for him) to say about his defense's struggles, have pretty much all said something quite different than you have.
I've seen it twice too. No doubt there were some issues but if that's a bad game then I'd love to see a great game. One of many examples, we are tied for 2nd/3rd in the league in first downs on offense and defense, most on offense, less on defense.

Crappy game. Crappy team.

How often does Belichick say things like "failure at all levels" when describing how his defense defended the screen pass, for example?
We clearly had problems there. That doesn't mean we played a bad game. Once Tom and Wes get their 3rd down timing back we'll see TD not FG.

Kerry Rhodes: A talented Ryan Clark.

"When weak, it is advantageous to appear strong. When strong, it is advantageous to appear weak".

I've seen it twice too. No doubt there were some issues but if that's a bad game then I'd love to see a great game. One of many examples, we are tied for 2nd/3rd in the league in first downs on offense and defense, most on offense, less on defense.

Crappy game. Crappy team.

That's awesome! Will the Jets offensive line be killing 4-5 drives with bad penalties like illegal formation when the teams play, then, and will the Jets receivers drop passes that would be first downs? If that could happen again, some Patriots fans could pretend that the defense played well again.

================================================

So if and when the Jets win on Sun. who will be the division leader, I'm confused?

I'm very sorry.. let me rephrase.. if they win, they may lead their division for a whopping total of ONE week.

Wow..:eek:

Ty Warren, Tom Brady, Bill Belichick, et al. disagree, and quite publicly. If they can admit to the problems, perhaps their fans can too.

They said the same things they say after every game - even ones they win 56-10. "We could've played better in all three phases, we could've coached better, executed better", etc. Sure, they did make huge mistakes, they did let opportunities slip by, but I've watched the game twice as well, and I came away thinking a) the offense is still the same offense as 2007, but with perhaps even more efficiency and more control b) the defense could be improved over last season.

If they make the same key errors this Sunday that they made on Monday, sure, they will probably lose. But I don't expect that to happen. If they move the ball with the same efficiency they did on Monday and don't make key mistakes, they'll destroy the Jets.

Joey Porter was saying the Patriots were going to get whipped in week 3 last year and he backed it up - We can only hope Rhodes is wrong

We clearly had problems there. That doesn't mean we played a bad game. Once Tom and Wes get their 3rd down timing back we'll see TD not FG.

Got a question. Buffalo game, the play calling was very conservative. Was that because of new OFF COOR learning the system, or the off coor trying to get brady more comforable with injured knee..I noticed they went underneath routes or intermediate routes all night. No go routes

That's awesome! Will the Jets offensive line be killing 4-5 drives with bad penalties like illegal formation when the teams play, then, and will the Jets receivers drop passes that would be first downs? If that could happen again, some Patriots fans could pretend that the defense played well again.
The Jets are the perfect incarnation of a football team. I am sure they will make no mistakes like that.

Joey Porter was saying the Patriots were going to get whipped in week 3 last year and he backed it up - We can only hope Rhodes is wrong

That was two weeks after we lost Brady. Cassel was just feeling his oats out there and the team was in general disarray.

Perhaps you should re-watch the game. I've seen it twice. Neither viewing matched up with your claim of the Patriots playing "very well". The local media, the national media and the members of the Patriots, including the head coach who had plenty (for him) to say about his defense's struggles, have pretty much all said something quite different than you have.

That is a misnomer- the Patriots played well in some areas and did not execute well in others. They did poorly in defending the screen.

Except for the bad call on Wilfork and AD roughing the passer, we would have had SIX sacks.. are you calling that a bad game for the linemen?

Our secondaries shut down the long play and limited TO and Evans to a total of FIVE catches and zero touchdowns. Is that a bad game?

On offense, granted we stunk it up the first half and only started to come together in the 3rd quarter, but the last two drives were a f****** football clinic, just classical brilliance. I'm surprised you chose not to mention this because you seem to imply you know more about football than the rest of us.

And please spare me the bull about drinking kool-aid.

Last edited:

I'm very sorry.. let me rephrase.. if they win, they may lead their division for a whopping total of ONE week.

Wow..:eek:

===================================================

They may lead the division?

Even if they were to lose to the Titans they would still be ahead of the Pats in the AFCE, correct me if I am wrong.:)

The Jets are the perfect incarnation of a football team. I am sure they will make no mistakes like that.

Great! And when the Patriots play a perfect game, as it seems you feel they just missed out on doing last week, they'll dominate the match.

Kerry Rhodes: A talented Ryan Clark.

"When weak, it is advantageous to appear strong. When strong, it is advantageous to appear weak".

Wonderful Sun Tzu reference....Here is one that hangs on BBs wall.

"If you know the enemy and know yourself, your victory will not stand in doubt"

Great! And when the Patriots play a perfect game, as it seems you feel they just missed out on doing last week, they'll dominate the match.
Whatever. The Jets are a solid team but we should beat them. Texans vs. Bills, we'll have to see how it plays out I guess but I doubt Houston does better than last year's 8-8.

Even if they were to lose to the Titans they would still be ahead of the Pats in the AFCE, correct me if I am wrong.:)

Forgive us. Sometimes our posters are a bit exhuberant.

I can't argue with anything there.

Bah, you're simply not trying hard enough. You just need some tutoring from some of our "more argumentative posters." ;)

Last edited:

Congratulations, you get this one. Please enjoy at my expense.

I did not realize Jets don't go to Miami until after playing the Titans and Saints.

Congratulations, you get this one. Please enjoy at my expense.

I did not realize Jets don't go to Miami until after playing the Titans and Saints.

=================================================

Sorry to be an ass about this, but the Jets so rarely lead the AFCE, I will make it known when they do.

Kinda a big deal for me as a Jet fan.

Seriously, this fanbase is pathetic with the prognostications of gloom and doom. You'd think we were still the "Same Old Patriots".

Very sad to see this team be so good for so long, and have so many people refuse to appreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes