PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Kerry Rhodes: "We want to embarass the Patriots"(Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
re: Kerry Rhodes: "We want to embarass the Patriots"(Merged)

who the **** is Rhodes? Another idiot that is going to get torched? I think so.

He's actually very good. I'd love to have him on NE.

He's actually very good. I'd love to have him on NE.

Agreed on that. Outstanding player.

I can't find the thread with "fourtunate fumble" in it, but it wasn't fourtunate, they ripped the ball out of his hands.

If someone went by the logic of it was just luck than we wouldn't have won three Super Bowls, but there was plenty of luck involved.

Last edited:

Fortunate fumble?

I suggest you go back and view that game a third time.

On the kick prior to that "fortunate fumble", the Patriots forced yet another fumble, only they didn't recover that one. Even BB mentioned that after the game.

These things you may consider "luck", but as Branch Rickey once observed, "Luck is the residue of design".

Give them a little credit, huh?
Often fumbles and their recoveries are fortunate. That fumble wasn't fortunate and the recovery wasn't either. They were both the result of excellent special teams play.

Man, the Jets* win one game and all a sudden they are superbowl bound. Seems like this happens every year.

Man, the Jets* win one game and all a sudden they are superbowl bound. Seems like this happens every year.

It does in the minds of the Jest....:rolleyes:

Im basing my assumptions on what I saw in the Jets/Houston game. Houstons offence was not prepared for what they has coming at them with all the exotic blitzes. Hey, I may be wrong but thats what came to mind.

Thanks for the clarification. I'll have to defer to you, as I didn't see the Houston-Jets game. But if Houston was unprepared then it speaks volumes about their coaching staff, as there should have been no surprise about Rex emulating Baltimore's defensive approach.

I have to admit, the Jets are smart picking on a vulnerable team.

I'm not sure what that means. It sounds asinine, but could you please clarify?

I understand what Ryan is doing. His attitude is, 'Guys, what you've done in the last 6 years has not worked vs the Pats. Its time to change it up. Be vocal. Be yourselves. Let them know you are bringing hell with you when you play.'. Personally, it's not my style but I can follow his logic. It's a risky maneuver.

But why are you saying it is "smart"? The Pats are vulnerable tactically, not emotionally...

Buffalo had just canned their O.C. and had the owner call the coach in for a sit down. It was implementing a new offense, has a bad quarterback, was missing its #1 running back, lost a linebacker just as the Patriots did, and was starting 3 first time players on the offensive line.
And were able to score 17 points on offense. Not much to brag about.

The Bills defense held Brady to 39 completions, a career high for him

Pats offense on the other hand, had Brady in his first action in a year, and looked decided rusty the first half. They stll scored 25 points.

Pats defense is adjusting to the loss of Vrabel, Harrison, Brushci, and the only CB on the roster who played last year is Wilhite. It took them a half to get into sync. I'd call that amazing, escpecially losing Mayo mid-game.

Enough of trying to act as if the Patriots didn't play poorly last week.
They dominated the Bills all game. The only place they didn't dominate were a pair of 4th downs and a missed FG. And they won the game. Had the Bills one, it would have been stealing one while being outplayed.

We all know you have to be contrary, but wait until the Pats have a bad game, why not.

The Pats decidedly did not play poorly. How does a QB of Brady's caliber have a career high number of pass receptions (not even in an OT game) and play poorly?

That's so funny. As if the Pats needed any more motivation. Prepare to be embarassed yourself Rhodes.

And were able to score 17 points on offense. Not much to brag about.

The Bills defense held Brady to 39 completions, a career high for him

Pats offense on the other hand, had Brady in his first action in a year, and looked decided rusty the first half. They stll scored 25 points.

Pats defense is adjusting to the loss of Vrabel, Harrison, Brushci, and the only CB on the roster who played last year is Wilhite. It took them a half to get into sync. I'd call that amazing, escpecially losing Mayo mid-game.

They dominated the Bills all game. The only place they didn't dominate were a pair of 4th downs and a missed FG. And they won the game. Had the Bills one, it would have been stealing one while being outplayed.

We all know you have to be contrary, but wait until the Pats have a bad game, why not.

The Pats decidedly did not play poorly. How does a QB of Brady's caliber have a career high number of pass receptions (not even in an OT game) and play poorly?

You are welcome to believe as you choose.

Re: Rhodes delivers questionable volley at Pats

I have never seen so many pro-Patriots comments in ANY PFT story. I can't believe this, but the Jets are actually getting people off the Hatriot Bandwagon. Incredible.

I can't find the thread with "fourtunate fumble" in it, but it wasn't fourtunate, they ripped the ball out of his hands.

If someone went by the logic of it was just luck than we wouldn't have won three Super Bowls, there was plenty of luck involved.

Much like those 3 picks that were thrown by sanchez, all luck that they were dropped. Everyone seems to forget that.

=================================================

Sorry to be an ass about this, but the Jets so rarely lead the AFCE, I will make it known when they do.

Kinda a big deal for me as a Jet fan.

I'll let it go and let you have your fun. Should the Jets lose this weekend, I know deep down that you'll be the only Jet fan that comes back here and enjoys his helping of crow. :cool:

I've said it before on another thread: If the pats(ies) play like they did against the buffaloes then they will be embare-assed. Bare-assed whipping is more like it.

I don't want that to happen, least of all by the jesties and their evil NY fans (I consider all fans from NY to be evil, especially Yankees fans, but that goes without saying).

BB needs to let them know that if they lose this game they will pay for it. He will run them half to death. That's what our coach would do, you lose, you pay.

And if the Pats play well and put points on the board early it's likely the Jests will be the ones embarrassed. Especially since they are running their mouths and making the second game of the season out to be the Superbowl.

I guess Rhodes doesn't think talk is cheap:

Rhodes wants to embarrass Patriots - Extra Points - Boston.com

These guys are really asking for it. It's kind of pathetic b/c its based purely on timing (Brady coming off an injury, Mayo being injured), but the Jets clearly think we're ripe for the taking this week.

In a way, you have to thank the Jets for this. They've taken all the pressure on this game and shifted it upon themselves. If they lose, and if they lose big, it will be the kind of loss that briefly derails seasons and will affect them in ensuing weeks (ie, their pathetic loss to SD after we beat them in Week 2 when they were also getting hyped for the game against us).

What kind of effect will it have on your season if the Jets do win? To me it will bring up a lot of questions. Where is the intimidation you used to bring to the game? Some of the casual fans may begin to wonder where the dominance has gone. A weak win against the Bills, combined with a loss to the Jets in week 2 could hurt pretty bad.

What kind of effect will it have on your season if the Jets do win? To me it will bring up a lot of questions. Where is the intimidation you used to bring to the game? Some of the casual fans may begin to wonder where the dominance has gone. A weak win against the Bills, combined with a loss to the Jets in week 2 could hurt pretty bad.

Ehhh,..... Brady's second game back, along with a revamped defense that lost it's best defensive lineman and its middle linebacker in about a 2 week span.....

I'm not sure that you could take much from it. It's one of those games that really only had negative consequences (barring injuries) if it ends one way, and that's with a Jets' loss after all the crowing.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes