PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Kerry Rhodes: "We want to embarass the Patriots"(Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
re: Kerry Rhodes: "We want to embarass the Patriots"(Merged)

Seriously, this fanbase is pathetic with the prognostications of gloom and doom. You'd think we were still the "Same Old Patriots".

Very sad to see this team be so good for so long, and have so many people refuse to appreciate it.

Are you including everyone that doesn't expect a Patriots cakewalk in this week's game in that assessment?

Tom Brady + Bill Belichick vs. Rookie QB and Rookie Head Coach who thinks this is his super bowl.

I'm pretty confident in that scenario.

Last edited:

Tom Brady + Bill Belichick vs. Rookie QB and Rookie Head Coach who thinks this is his super bowl.

I'm pretty confident in that scenario.

Pats 38, Jets 28. D will have some tough moments, but I don't see the Jets stopping this O. As you say, rookie QB facing a BB D for the 1st time....

Pats havent lost in the Medowlands since 2000. Next.

Ty Warren, Tom Brady, Bill Belichick, et al. disagree, and quite publicly. If they can admit to the problems, perhaps their fans can too.

Of course NE played a poor game. But how that relates to this week is what is important. Are you saying that NE is going to play just as poorly this week?

I will grant that the defense is a tough nut to crack, but do you expect an offense that was possibly the best in history two years ago, and one of the best in the league last year without its best player to continue the trend of this past week? Isn't it more likely that they play according to the level they have the past two years?

Re: Rhodes, my response is :yawn2::confused2:

Every team wants to embarrass their opponent. Anything otherwise and they are goint to get beat up.

I've said it before on another thread: If the pats(ies) play like they did against the buffaloes then they will be embare-assed. Bare-assed whipping is more like it.

I don't want that to happen, least of all by the jesties and their evil NY fans (I consider all fans from NY to be evil, especially Yankees fans, but that goes without saying).

BB needs to let them know that if they lose this game they will pay for it. He will run them half to death. That's what our coach would do, you lose, you pay.

This is hilarious. The Jets are really amping themselves up for this game. It really *is* their Super Bowl, apparently. And they have everything going for them:

- Pats' offense not yet in synch...Brady coming off that terrible injury
- Pats' defense kind of in shambles...no Seymour/Harrison/Vrabel/Bruschi...Mayo injured
- Pats barely beating a lousy Buffalo team at *home*
- Jets coming off a dominating road win
- Jets' defense looking incredible
- Jets playing at home

I mean, everything points to a Jets win, right? Well, what if they lose? How devastating will this be for them, with all that going for them?

I want the Pats to absolutely bury this team on Sunday, now more than ever.

Of course NE played a poor game. But how that relates to this week is what is important. Are you saying that NE is going to play just as poorly this week?

I will grant that the defense is a tough nut to crack, but do you expect an offense that was possibly the best in history two years ago, and one of the best in the league last year without its best player to continue the trend of this past week? Isn't it more likely that they play according to the level they have the past two years?

Re: Rhodes, my response is :yawn2::confused2:

Every team wants to embarrass their opponent. Anything otherwise and they are goint to get beat up.

No, I'm not saying that NE is going to play just as poorly this week. Anyone who takes week one and assumes that it locks in teams for the entire season is making an enormous mistake. Hell, I didn't even make a prediction. All I initially posted was:

The Jets looked very good last week against a team that is expected to challenge the Colts and Titans in their division, even though they were playing with 2 players on suspension. They'll get one of those 2 players back for this game. They will also be playing the game at home.

The Patriots looked very poor last week against a team that was in disarray and has been picked by many to be the worst team in the AFC East. They've also, reportedly, lost their starting MLB for an extended period of time.

It should be a physical game and the Jets have legitimate reasons to be confident.

This has brought out the "The Patriots dominated....!" crowd who can't admit that the Patriots played poorly last week.

This has brought out the "The Patriots dominated....!" crowd who can't admit that the Patriots played poorly last week.
In addition to the "Texans are great" crowd who thought the Texans would be competitive in that division. LMAO.

In addition to the "Texans are great" crowd who thought the Texans would be competitive in that division. LMAO.

I didn't see one person who said the Texans are great in this thread. I've noted that they are soft in a different thread.

Last edited:

I didn't see one person who said the Texans are great in this thread. I've noted that they are soft in a different thread.
They would have to be pretty darn good to legitimately compete for the division.

No, I'm not saying that NE is going to play just as poorly this week. Anyone who takes week one and assumes that it locks in teams for the entire season is making an enormous mistake. Hell, I didn't even make a prediction. All I initially posted was:

People have been expecting Houston to challenge for several years now. Last season after week 2 the JETS and Buffalo were both expected to overtake us and Miami wasn't even in the discussion... I could go on and on, but to what end...

No, I'm just pointing out the reality of the situation. Far too many here are ignoring it or trying to pretend that last week didn't happen. It did.

It was only one game for every team in the NFL, and teams will be improving and fixing problems for weeks yet, but the Jets played a strong game and the Patriots did not. Without a fortunate fumble on special teams with 2 minutes left in the game, the Patriots would probably have lost.

Fortunate fumble?

I suggest you go back and view that game a third time.

On the kick prior to that "fortunate fumble", the Patriots forced yet another fumble, only they didn't recover that one. Even BB mentioned that after the game.

These things you may consider "luck", but as Branch Rickey once observed, "Luck is the residue of design".

Give them a little credit, huh?

I can almost guarentee this game isn't going to be easy. It's probably going to come down to end like the Buffalo game to see who wins.

I just can't believe the Jesters are opening their mouths like they are. You know that this is making its way around the Patriot's locker room.

Yeah....I know you give it your all regardless, but I also know that this gives just a little be extra incentive to win this game.

Thanks Jests!

I hope the J-E-T-S get wooped so bad they get B-O-Oed of the field.

Talk about embarrassing.

Last edited by a moderator:

People have been expecting Houston to challenge for several years now. Last season after week 2 the JETS and Buffalo were both expected to overtake us and Miami wasn't even in the discussion... I could go on and on, but to what end...

Ya, the texans got their butts wipped, but heres something nobody is talking about. I dont think the texans had any idea of what type of defence they were going to be facing against the jets. Jets had a new head coach and whether he would install a new defence, nobody knew. Now every team the jets face will be expecting a (baltimore style) defence and teams will adjust accordingly.

Ya, the texans got their butts wipped, but heres something nobody is talking about. I dont think the texans had any idea of what type of defence they were going to be facing against the jets. Jets had a new head coach and whether he would install a new defence, nobody knew. Now every team the jets face will be expecting a (baltimore style) defence and teams will adjust accordingly.

Umm, do you really think that people were expecting Rex Ryan to try and do anything other than create his own clone version of the Baltimore defense? I can't imagine how that would have taken anyone by surprise.

Umm, do you really think that people were expecting Rex Ryan to try and do anything other than create his own clone version of the Baltimore defense? I can't imagine how that would have taken anyone by surprise.

Im basing my assumptions on what I saw in the Jets/Houston game. Houstons offence was not prepared for what they has coming at them with all the exotic blitzes. Hey, I may be wrong but thats what came to mind.

The Jets looked very good last week against a team that is expected to challenge the Colts and Titans in their division,
The Texans are being hyped by the press, but they are not a good team.
even though they were playing with 2 players on suspension. They'll get one of those 2 players back for this game. They will also be playing the game at home.

The Patriots looked very poor last week

Yes, almost doubling their yards and time of possesion while allowing a defensive 7 on a fluke play is "very poor". No the Pats looked rusty for the first 2 and a half quarters of the game and then started to look better.

against a team that was in disarray and has been picked by many to be the worst team in the AFC East. They've also, reportedly, lost their starting MLB for an extended period of time.

It should be a physical game and the Jets have legitimate reasons to be confident.

Either team could win this game as the quote says, but if both teams play their best, the Pats win, fairly easily.

who the **** is Rhodes? Another idiot that is going to get torched? I think so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back