PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Kerry Rhodes: "We want to embarass the Patriots"(Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
re: Kerry Rhodes: "We want to embarass the Patriots"(Merged)

I think the Jets win easily. Hurts me to say it but the Pats looked awful against the Bills...yes they pulled out a 'gutsy' win, but come one, playing this bad at home against a weak team? Pathetic.

The Jets are pumped...I don't see any way the Pats control the Jets' offense.

I think it's 28-17 time. sorry.

no two games are the same.jets might still win but its too early to establish a pattern. pats looked awful losing 31-0 in 2003 too. then they went into philadelphia and beat the heck out of the eagles.

We shouldn't care what the Jets are saying. This team needs to keep eating humble pie and taking care of business. Trash talking is for others.

When the Patriots throw for an extra TD with 30 seconds left I cannot wait to hear the crying from the media and I pray Ryan and\or Rhodes whine about it.

When the Patriots throw for an extra TD with 30 seconds left I cannot wait to hear the crying from the media and I pray Ryan and\or Rhodes whine about it.

Oh I am sure the whole world will complain about it if we pull the same thing we did in the Bills game with less than 4 minutes left. Of course I don't see that happening for Sunday.

Right, the Patriots were awful getting out gained 441-276. Terrible.

Oh, wait, the Patriots were the ones with 441. They didn't look terrible, they had some missteps in the redzone and short yardage + the INT return.

DING... This game wasn't as horrible as people are making it out to be. NE largely looked "good", just didn't do what it was known for in the redzone, and had an uncharacteristic Pick 6 play that made it seem closer than it was.

I would like to see our running game improve though... 3 backs and 73 yards combined isn't impressive, and puts IMHO too much weight on the OLine and Brady for pass protection / passing attempts.

Buffalo
Field Goals (Made-Attempted) 1 - 1
Red Zone Efficiency 2/2 - 100%
Goal To Go Efficiency 1/1 - 100%
Safeties 0
Final Score 24
Time of Possession 22:52

New England
Field Goals (Made-Attempted) 2 - 3
Red Zone Efficiency 3/5 - 60%
Goal To Go Efficiency 1/2 - 50%
Safeties 0
Final Score 25
Time of Possession 37:08

15min more TOP, only 60% in the redzone, but we were there 5x vs only 2 trips by Buffalo... NE wasn't dominated, NE almost gave the game away...

Last edited:

Uh remember what happened the last time a New York team decided to throw caution to the wind and talk a bunch of sh!t right before a big game?

Our defensive captain is out for a feww weeks at least, the O Line is looking horrible right now, and we're on the road against a team that is playing its early season super bowl.

I'm concerned. This is going to be a really, really tough game. They want this BAD. I hop we want it more.

The more I hear from the Jets, the more I think if they lose this game and lose by a decided fashion that the wheels are going to come off their bus. They are so overconfident and putting so much into this game that if they are the ones who are embarrassed that it could be devestating.

I still don't get the strategy of putting so much emphasis on this game being week 2. All you are doing is putting a lot of pressure on yourself and setting yourself up for a fall if you lose. The Jets have done this before with the Pats and failed.

This nails it right on the head.

It is astounding how much history repeats itself.

Even if they win the game by giving it all their best, they will still not lead the division. Why? Simple: their next game, they play the Titans then go to New Orleans. Those are two big opponents. And by pumping this game up to be a superbowl, they are just about guaranteeing themselves a letdown.

It's not just the Patriots who are irritated by their trash-talking, other teams are irritated as well, and you can bet the Titans and Saints are saying "Whoa, we're not in the basement either."

Quite a big mistake to tunnel-vision on just one game. It's always about winning the division, not one game.

Last edited:

If the Jets play at their very best and the Patriots play at their very best, we win by a 21 score, there's no if's or buts about it. We are simply a better team across the board. Will that show on the weekend.. who knows?

You always praise your opponent and talk them up.. no matter how bad or good they are. Keep talking Jets... keep talking.

Last edited:

If the Jets play at their very best and the Patriots play at their very best, we win by a 21 score, there's no if's or buts about it. We are simply a better team across the board. Will that show on the weekend.. who knows?

You always praise your opponent and talk them up.. no matter how bad or good they are. Keep talking Jets... keep talking.

The Jets are a phenomenal team. They showed Sunday that they are a complete team on both sides of the ball. Their secondary and LB corps are tremendous, their offensive line is one of the best in the game, and they have a tremendous running game. Mark Sanchez shows unusual poise for a rookie QB, and his receivers are underrated. Dustin Keller is a terrific offensive weapon. Rex Ryan is one of the best defensive minds in the business, and they will undoubtedly throw everything including the kitchen sink at TB and company.

We have the utmost respect for them, and just hope we can give them a decent game. We'll have to play much better than we did against Buffalo just to not get blown out.

Humble pie, baby. :D

Predicted score: Pats 42, Jets 10

i dont know how this game will go.......i expect it to be tough...

but i would LOVE it if after the game the media again complains that the pats were "running up the score", and i wish thejets defenders would do the same

It was pointed out yesterday that the winning coaches in the NFL, Walsh, Lombardi, Landry, Parcelss etc etc are not these rah-rah guys like Ryan who shoot their mouths of in many ways. The coaches that won, respected their opponents, said so, and were not into all the trash talking and hype. Funny..as another poster pointed out..where are all the Lombardis on the Ryan tree?? Ugh..ugh....
Just think Ryan has lit a wild fire and it's out of control with Rhodes..and maybe with others. Let the donkies speaka and whine..and it all sets them up for a BIG time failure...Bulletin board material?? Rhodes to me is a big mouth punk..and I'd love to see the little ****raoch go down. THAT would bring a smile win or lose. Maybe Randy running a few by him would shut him up....and don't think that couldn't happen. While the Jets won big, their backfield was not even tested. And don't think the Pats are are going to forget about Hollywood..he's going to see things he never dreamed of in his USC days.

It was pointed out yesterday that the winning coaches in the NFL, Walsh, Lombardi, Landry, Parcelss etc etc are not these rah-rah guys like Ryan who shoot their mouths of in many ways. The coaches that won, respected their opponents, said so, and were not into all the trash talking and hype. Funny..as another poster pointed out..where are all the Lombardis on the Ryan tree?? Ugh..ugh....
Just think Ryan has lit a wild fire and it's out of control with Rhodes..and maybe with others. Let the donkies speaka and whine..and it all sets them up for a BIG time failure...Bulletin board material?? Rhodes to me is a big mouth punk..and I'd love to see the little ****raoch go down. THAT would bring a smile win or lose. Maybe Randy running a few by him would shut him up....and don't think that couldn't happen. While the Jets won big, their backfield was not even tested. And don't think the Pats are are going to forget about Hollywood..he's going to see things he never dreamed of in his USC days.

Sexy Rexy will be yet another downfall of the Jest. Cant wait for it to happen this year and they he gets ousted.

Well the sports media seem to love the Jets as well...here's what Robinson said in one of his columns:

"If you spent any time seriously dissecting the Jets in the preseason, you saw this coming. However, we were too distracted with talking about rookie quarterback Mark Sanchez(notes) to delve into it. Here’s the reality though: Even if Sanchez is no better than average, this team is playoff caliber right now."

This is a JOKE to say after one game. They played THE TEXANS Charles. Really, they're playoff caliber? They do look good, yes, but that's a ridiculous statement to make. Here's his full article:

Patriots, Cardinals have cause for concern - NFL - Yahoo! Sports

This is a JOKE to say after one game. They played THE TEXANS Charles. Really, they're playoff caliber? They do look good, yes, but that's a ridiculous statement to make. Here's his full article:

Patriots, Cardinals have cause for concern - NFL - Yahoo! Sports

What's absurd is in all the ball-washing for the Jets that has gone on this off-season - and there's been a lot - no one has mentioned how awful the Jets defense was against the pass last season.

What's absurd is in all the ball-washing for the Jets that has gone on this off-season - and there's been a lot - no one has mentioned how awful the Jets defense was against the pass last season.

The additions of Lito Sheppard and Jim Leonhard was supposed to fix that. We'll see how successful those moves were on Sunday. Personally, I think Leonhard just looked great in Baltimore because of who he was playing next to. Jets fans want to make believe that Rhodes is Ed Reed, but he isn't. Actually, I'll go so far as to say that Rhodes may very well be the most overrated safety in the AFC.

The Jets looked very good last week against a team that is expected to challenge the Colts and Titans in their division, even though they were playing with 2 players on suspension. They'll get one of those 2 players back for this game. They will also be playing the game at home.

The Patriots looked very poor last week against a team that was in disarray and has been picked by many to be the worst team in the AFC East. They've also, reportedly, lost their starting MLB for an extended period of time.

It should be a physical game and the Jets have legitimate reasons to be confident.

Wow the Patriots bulletin board is full now..

Wonder if we'll see another Anthony Smith type of play again?

The additions of Lito Sheppard and Jim Leonhard was supposed to fix that. We'll see how successful those moves were on Sunday. Personally, I think Leonhard just looked great in Baltimore because of who he was playing next to. Jets fans want to make believe that Rhodes is Ed Reed, but he isn't. Actually, I'll go so far as to say that Rhodes may very well be the most overrated safety in the AFC.

I can't argue with anything there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back