PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Just when I thought it was safe

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATSNUTme

Paranoid Homer ex-moderator
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Just when I thought it was safe to log in, I was greeted withthe following threads::scared:

1.Other receiver don't seen to need time
2. Maybe it's his shoulder
3.Let's trade Cassell to Tampa
4.tom Brady get the surgery
5.It will take a miracle to beat the Bengals
6.When do we turn to Cassell.
7. Flea Flicker: Mark of stupidity

1100083.jpg

Please god, make it stop!

PATSNUTme said:
Just when I thought it was safe to log in, I was greeted withthe following threads::scared:

1.Other receiver don't seen to need time
2. Maybe it's his shoulder
3.Let's trade Cassell to Tampa
4.tom Brady get the surgery
5.It will take a miracle to beat the Bengals
6.When do we turn to Cassell.
7. Flea Flicker: Mark of stupidity

1100083.jpg

Please god, make it stop!

You left out my "Maybe Aurora Faye was right?" thread!

Why dont we start the Chicken Little contest and vote on the absolute most cowardly, sky-is-falling thread of the week, after each loss (yes, we actually will lose some games this year!!)

my altime favorite so far, beyond your own sarcastic one, has got to be the "Lets bench Brady" one(s). where do these guys come from.

Yes, its all so depressing. Why do people anticipate perfection? It's ok to have problems, struggle, improve and finish strong. Guess what, that's the way the boss wants it. Of course he doesn't like losing but he would rather do it in Sept and Oct and be strong in Nov and Dec, and we will be strong then.

I was encouraged yesterday on patriots webradio they actually had a rational discourse on the Broncos game and correctly noted that Denver had a great game plan and played it perfectly. Our game plan didn't work and although we adjusted it never quite clicked. Refreshing to have so little whining (naturally there was some whining, but less than expected). Maybe a little adversity will scare away the hand wringing whiners.

BlitzFritz said:
Why dont we start the Chicken Little contest and vote on the absolute most cowardly, sky-is-falling thread of the week, after each loss (yes, we actually will lose some games this year!!)

my altime favorite so far, beyond your own sarcastic one, has got to be the "Lets bench Brady" one(s). where do these guys come from.

I dunno, any thread with 'Flea Flicker,' followed by a 'colon' and 'Stupidity' in it has my vote. Though that structure would indicate some form of intelligent life and at least a glancing blow at analysis.

When the Pats lose I pretty much skip all media and message boards until the next win as the negativity could kill ya. Lets just wait and see how they do this week before making any pronouncements.

I am not sure why people are freaking out like this.. Maybe it's because of last season, and how eerily simular the Denver game was to last seasons games, but I just can't get worried. Not yet. I've seen the other teams in the AFCE, I know we have a damn good shot of winning the division. And that'll get us in the playoffs.

And when we get to the playoffs I can't imagine a Patriots team that lets what happened last year in Denver happen again. I just can't. I think we're fine. Granted, that's being said after 3 weeks, but so are all the panic threads, so...

CALM DOWN MOFOS!

Brownfan80 said:
I am not sure why people are freaking out like this.. Maybe it's because of last season, and how eerily simular the Denver game was to last seasons games, but I just can't get worried. Not yet. I've seen the other teams in the AFCE, I know we have a damn good shot of winning the division. And that'll get us in the playoffs.

And when we get to the playoffs I can't imagine a Patriots team that lets what happened last year in Denver happen again. I just can't. I think we're fine. Granted, that's being said after 3 weeks, but so are all the panic threads, so...

CALM DOWN MOFOS!
People are freaking out because everyone thought pats were going to go 16-0 and equal 72 dolphins, so the first loss has everyone jumping.now if the pats had lsot a close game , everyone would still say the team no longer can win close games because of <put name of past player here> not being here etc etc
lol

Ya......all i keep hearing in my head when i log on in that short haired blond woman (don't remember her name) screaming "STOP THE INSANITY":D

mtbykr said:
Ya......all i keep hearing in my head when i log on in that short haired blond woman (don't remember her name) screaming "STOP THE INSANITY":D

I believe you mean Susan Powter. My mom was really big into her a while back, that's the only reason I remember that. ;)

Attachments

• B0000647WB.03.LZZZZZZZ.jpg
    B0000647WB.03.LZZZZZZZ.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 341
You know, I feel the same way. I look at it this way:

I don't expect 16-0, yet I do expect a win every week. After watching Sunday night's game, I went from really pissed and frustrated, to calm and rational. I figured, we completely stunk on offense. Terrible. One of the worst games I've seen. Yet still, Denver was only 2 long passes (the second one being a tremendous throw from Plummer under pressure) ahead of us. We were 2 plays away from winning playing our worst. My expectation is that things will improve. Tommy is going to get in sync with the passing game. We're not going to run block that atrociously every week. The defense won't continue to give up seemingly every third down. Maybe I'm just trying to be optimistic, but I think it's silly to freak out after week 3. If we're hanging around at 7-5 after week 13, maybe we'll have some legitimate complaints. Until then, I still think this is a 13-3, 12-4 team.

Michigan Dave said:

I don't expect 16-0, yet I do expect a win every week. After watching Sunday night's game, I went from really pissed and frustrated, to calm and rational. I figured, we completely stunk on offense. Terrible. One of the worst games I've seen. Yet still, Denver was only 2 long passes (the second one being a tremendous throw from Plummer under pressure) ahead of us. We were 2 plays away from winning playing our worst. My expectation is that things will improve. Tommy is going to get in sync with the passing game. We're not going to run block that atrociously every week. The defense won't continue to give up seemingly every third down. Maybe I'm just trying to be optimistic, but I think it's silly to freak out after week 3. If we're hanging around at 7-5 after week 13, maybe we'll have some legitimate complaints. Until then, I still think this is a 13-3, 12-4 team.

As always, I enjoy reading your posts.

BlitzFritz said:

There was a trade Brady while he still has value one, that's got to top it.

Of course the awards will usually got to the couple professional trolls who just register accounts at times like this to get a reaction.

They're usually more creative than the real panickers.

Michigan Dave said:

Me too, Dave. I'm with you. By the way, was it that our run blocking was so bad or was it that Denver really loaded up against the run and challenged us to beat them in the air? Looked more like the latter to me. But, as Murphy points out, it's almost impossible to tell unless the TV gives you an aerial replay.

Anyway, everything's OK. Hank Poteat is here. BB is on the case. We're ahead of the game until at least 2050. There's another game on Sunday and perhaps someone will make a few plays.

So no need for threads freaking out about the loss, and no need for threads freaking out about people freaking out ...

Mike the Brit said:
Me too, Dave. I'm with you. By the way, was it that our run blocking was so bad or was it that Denver really loaded up against the run and challenged us to beat them in the air? Looked more like the latter to me. But, as Murphy points out, it's almost impossible to tell unless the TV gives you an aerial replay.

Anyway, everything's OK. Hank Poteat is here. BB is on the case. We're ahead of the game until at least 2050. There's another game on Sunday and perhaps someone will make a few plays.

So no need for threads freaking out about the loss, and no need for threads freaking out about people freaking out ...

Actually there are no need for any threads except for the Cheerleader thread.:rocker:

Mike the Brit said:

I don't recall seeing 8 men in the box during the Denver Game. I think Denver dominated us with their front 7. That to me was the biggest dissapointment and the biggest concern I have going forward.

I fear coming onto this forum to see Keegs' topics.

Mike the Brit said:

I'm with both Dave and Mike here. Hopefully the board will self-clean with all the screamers taking the promised leap, and the rest of us can enjoy the game of football with intelligent discussions afterward.

ChickenLittle_300x298.jpg

Should this be the official mascot for the Patsfans.com message board???

Mike the Brit said:

Good question (re: run blocking). It was difficult to see their defensive alignment on TV while I was watching, and I couldn't bring myself to watch the Sunday Ticket replay last night. I don't know, but it seemed that they were penetrating pretty quickly, and typically that's a sign of poor run blocking. I know on the 4th down play, it didn't look like Maroney hesitated, and they just stuffed him. Did anyone get a better perspective? That was my initial thought, but I don't get a lot of the media discussion that you guys get. All I have is NESN through DirecTV.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft