PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Just got the NFL Network Patriots DVDs...

Status
Not open for further replies.
It hurts Milloy, I think. Ty Law doesn't care as much. Not trying to rip down Ty, I just think he's happy where he is - and he also got two more rings than Lawyer. But just in terms of personality and desire, I think Milloy regrets leaving the situation, in hindsight.

Is this the thing with the commercials with Elway, Cowher, and Namath that NFLN plays every commercial break?

Yup. They apparently did these to commemorate the first 40 Superbowl winners and then picked the top 20 and ranked them then showed them in reverse order over several weeks. All three of ours should have been top 20, but we bagged two out of three. Steve Sabol did them and they are typical of his great work. While many of the highlights are the same things you see in any retrospective on those seasons, the neat thing is the commentary filmed just for this series which features 3 members of each team recounting the key seasons events and some of the background surrounding them in hindsight.

In the 2001 version extras there were segments commenting on the greatest FG kicks of all time which included Parcell's assessment of the kick to tie the Snow Bowl as the greatest ever because it encompassed adverse weather conditions, distance and significance. And his holder telling Adam just before the Snow Bowl snap :eek: that given the conditions he wasn't going to risk a muffed hold trying to achieve perfect positioning under those conditions, and all he could promise to try to do is if the laces were in the way try to spin it just enough to get them out of the strike area. And one on the trip to the Imax theatre to see Shackleton, which Tommy grasped instantly but Milloy said quite a few guys left the theatre not really appreciating the message of (apart from the night off from class room work) until it was explained to them. And at the end there was a Brady on Belichick segment where he says the morning after the Superbowl he and BB drove together to the PC and Bill took the time to tell him (for the first time apparently LOL) that he did a really good job and had a very good season. Understatement perhaps on the surface, but to a player wired as Tommy is it meant a lot to please this HC, and as he stated it still does.

On future one's I' love to see Matt Light and Vince Wilfork. Two great personalities that would be a lot of fun.

On future one's I' love to see Matt Light and Vince Wilfork. Two great personalities that would be a lot of fun.

If there was ever another one. I would like to see Moss perception.

Hell i would like to see everyones perception but they just cant do it on one DVD.

If there was ever another one. I would like to see Moss perception... Hell i would like to see everyones perception but they just cant do it on one DVD.

If the Pats ever make it this year, you know Moss will be among the three speaking in the program because of his impact on the team. If I was in charge, I'd also have Seau's perception. But hard to figure to choose who's third.

Haven't seen a lot of the America's Game programs, but did see all three Pats broadcasts... seems like there's a "rule" that you can't interview the same team player twice? If thats the case, Brady and Belichick are out of the running in the next and future ones :( (again, if it ever happens).

If the Pats ever make it this year, you know Moss will be among the three speaking in the program because of his impact on the team. If I was in charge, I'd also have Seau's perception. But hard to figure to choose who's third.

Haven't seen a lot of the America's Game programs, but did see all three Pats broadcasts... seems like there's a "rule" that you can't interview the same team player twice? If thats the case, Brady and Belichick are out of the running in the next and future ones :( (again, if it ever happens).

Wilfork, Seymour, Vrabel.

I would love Vrabel to talk because he is downright hilarious.

I just placed my order. They're on back-order right now. Can't beat the price.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST