Welcome to PatsFans.com

Just got the NFL Network Patriots DVDs...

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by patsox23, Oct 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. patsox23

patsox23 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +17 / 1 / -0

It's ridiculously good. I'm only part way into the 2nd DVD - one for each Super Bowl season - but the documentaries are GREAT, the insights you get from off-field stuff is fascinating, the interviews with Brady, AV and Milloy are years after the fact so there's a sense of perspective, especially from Milloy re: his relationship with BB and how much changed since that first Super Bowl. Definitely an affection there still, strained, but with a mature sense of reflection. It's pretty funny, too. (There are different players/coaches that comprise the 3 interviewees for each DVD - Brady, Milloy and AV are on the first disc.)

The best line so far is on the second DVD in the lead-up to the 2003 season. There's a sideline shot of Belichick during a game in 2002, and he's just at the end of his rope. Something bad has just happened, and he starts walknig up the sideline, totally pissed, and he says, "I'm tellin' you, we SUCK."

Anyone who may be thinking that this will be redundant if you have the 3GTG and the Super Bowl season DVDs needs to rethink. This is a pretty different thing, a great supplement.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2007
  2. biffman

biffman Practice Squad Player

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I've never heard of these DVDs. I have the 3GTG set. Do you get these directly from the NFL network? And what are they called? Thanks.

3. Pats Fanatic

Pats Fanatic PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -3

#54 Jersey

4. biffman

biffman Practice Squad Player

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

5. MightyFooda

MightyFooda Practice Squad Player

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Are you talking about America's Game? I saw those on the Network, they are almost as good as the actual Superbowls. Nice buy

6. BostonBullit

BostonBullit On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

anyone seen both the DVDs and the broadcast on NFLN? wondering if there's extra stuff on the DVDs that makes it worth buying over my DVR copies of the broadcast stuff.....

7. patsox23

Ratings:
    +17 / 1 / -0

I'm onto the 3rd DVD right now and some of this stuff is phenomenal - they even have the footage of Matt Light catching the punt in T.C. to get the team the night off, funny stuff.

Disc 2 has F-ing awesome footage/audio of Rodney (as a Patriot and a Charger) hitting, talking smack, hysterical - what a total pain in the ass, but also a real genuine guy. Any opposing fans who hate #37 better get used to him because, if he feels like it, he's going to become one of the best studio/color guys in the business.

8. patsox23

Ratings:
    +17 / 1 / -0

EXTRA STUFF extremely worth it. It's not expensive, and the extras are awesome.

9. wizwor

wizwor On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -1

#95 Jersey

These are $16.78 shipped. How bad can they be? Thanks OP -- in4one!

10. SWelker

SWelker Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Wow, really cheap price, I have been looking for these and have purchased them, thank you for the heads up.

11. Imperator

Imperator On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I'm gonna jump in with everyone else and strongly reccomend it. Excelent Documentry's, good bonus features and a cheap DVD package too. I've already watched all three Seasons in succession, twice. :D

12. PatsWickedPissah

PatsWickedPissah PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +3,079 / 26 / -17

Disable Jersey

Great thread. Great recommendation.

13. Aqua4Ever04

Aqua4Ever04 Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Seen these shows on NFL Network, great program no matter how much you hate the team they are showcasing.

14. patsox23

Ratings:
    +17 / 1 / -0

Another cool moment from Disc 3 - they show the Pats in the hotel ballroom in Pittsburgh (since they flew in early, they had to do the walkthrough in that space). Some of this footage we've seen before, but not this - they show the walkthrough of the opening play, the end-around to Deion.

Pretty neat stuff.

15. patsox23

Ratings:
    +17 / 1 / -0

Oh, by the way...

Disc 1 narrator - Martin Sheen

Disc 2 narrator - Tom Selleck

Disc 3 narrator - Laurence Fishburne

All do a great job, especially Fishburne, IMO.

16. patsox23

Ratings:
    +17 / 1 / -0

bump for people who should buy it.

17. naclone

naclone Practice Squad Player

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

i think my favorite moment in the whole series is Belichick's deadpan reading of Philadelphia's Super Bowl parade plans that were published in the paper - this was his pre-SB 39 speech! Amazing!

18. MoLewisrocks

MoLewisrocks PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0

I had seen each on NFLN, but not the bonus features. Finally opened mine this AM and watched 2001. One thing really stood out in the bonus features that I'd never seen or heard before.

When the Patriots played the Browns in Cleveland, Bill's first return to that city as a HC, and the crowd chanted mercilessly Belichick Sucks and we lose the game. Milloy really showed genuine emotion that was a precursor to what we saw this year on the heels of the sypgate vitriol. He was hurt for his HC and he vowed that it would never happen again and the insult would be thoroughly avenged. When we next played Cleveland albeit in our house, Milloy was a beast in a game where Cleveland was pummeled.

It's sad that there were things those two just couldn't resolve. I think Lawyer just lost focus in the afterglow of that first Superbowl. I know he got his money, but he has since admitted he needed to both step up his game and re-evaluate his attitude about what mattered in the aftermath of being cut. He was a product of a prior system rooted in entitlement and he had regressed to that former norm without even realizing it after winning A ring. Belichick knew that, but was powerless to do anything about it until the player could admit it, and that time came too late. What you sense in his voice and his expression is how important football was/is to him and how much he has missed playing championship football since in hindsight. Atlanta must be agony for him.

He and Ty should have finished their careers here, but their ego's vs. Bill's disciplined determination not to cater to or make exceptions for individual ego regardless of potential short term implications, just couldn't allow it. As a top tier player and leader on this team, you are either all in on a program which eschews individual ego, or you are a detrement to the system long range irrespective of talent.

19. godef

godef In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

These are DVDs of the NFL Network's three Patriots "America's Game" episodes, plus extras I hear? I got teh set int he mail recently but haven't had time to watch them, actually seen the episodes on TV already.

20. AStack75

AStack75 Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Is this the thing with the commercials with Elway, Cowher, and Namath that NFLN plays every commercial break?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.