PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Just for fun – which receiving duo would you rather have?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Which receiving duo would you rather have?

• Randy Moss & Wes Welker (2007-09)

Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Rob Gronkowski & Julian Edelman

Votes: 22 68.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brady6

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
If you could have either, which one of these duos would you rather have?

- Moss and Welker (2007-09)
- Gronkowski and Edelman

Personally, I am taking Gronkowski and Edelman because I feel Gronkowski adds so much as a blocker and Edelman is a superior PR compared to Welker, so you get more bang for your buck with both of them.

Vote above or post your thoughts below...o_O

You could also look at the trio option. Gronkowski, Edelman, and LaFell or Moss, Welker, and Stallworth.

Imagine Gronk and Moss that wouldn't be fair...as for the question probably Moss and Welker both of them at their prime amazing season but it's close

Gronk is just too OP. As unique as Moss was, Gronk can just do too much in virtually every single situation, and any kind of yardage. Just dominant.

He has a catch radius like Moss, too. He just pulls down anything.

During the regular season I'd go with Moss/Welker, Playoffs Gronk/Edelman. JE is clutch and Gronk gives the O a brute physicality that's much needed during the PO's when defenses are aloud to play.

I'd take Gronk and Edelman in an ideal world with both being healthy and never missing games.

But if your talking from a reality thing then Welker and Moss because 1 knee blowout aside they never missed any games.

Good debate though.

That reminds me -- are the commentators correct that Gronk's blocking isn't good yet, and if they are, why is it the slowest part of his game to come back?

Moss was too much of a head case for serious consideration...

Gronk, Julio Jones, Edelman

hey .. it's just for fun, right? :D

Nice topic. Obviously on paper Moss and Welker threaten more parts of the field, but I feel as though they both couldn't catch the big one. Is this for a one game playoff or a whole season, because then durability comes into play.

If you could assure me that gronk stayed healthy, give me gronk and edelman.

This has to be Gronk. I'll take Gronk over all 3 just because he is Gronk.

Seriously though Moss was ridiculous but he wasn't ours he came and went and I will always love him but Gronk is ours and hopefully we never have to see him in another uniform.

Moss and Welker. Randy Moss came here late in his career and caught 23 ts. In his prime he goes for 30td's with TFB under center. Just too much talent and speed, but Gronk is special in his own right

depends on too many other things.......they were/are both good

on the other hand, what we have now is always the best

but don't forget.......brady doesn't have the weapons that manning has

Hmmmm......Top 3 WR of all time combined with Top slot WR of all time ......Who crushed the scoring records which led to an 18-1 record. Close to 3000 yds of offense combined. More wins, more points......This is real discussion?

Hmmmm......Top 3 WR of all time combined with Top slot WR of all time ......Who crushed the scoring records which led to an 18-1 record. Close to 3000 yds of offense combined. More wins, more points......This is real discussion?
Exactly. How quickly they forget

Moss can be countered by bad weather and good defensive play. Gronk can only be countered by injury. Gronk in a landslide.

The cast after Moss/Welker was thinner that year.

LaFell/Wright provide better 'secondary' weapons than the 2007 squad, Tyms and Dobson have room to improve also.

Moss can be countered by bad weather and good defensive play. Gronk can only be countered by injury. Gronk in a landslide.

Bad weather impeding Moss' game is untrue.

Moss was the 2nd best WR ever and an absolute joy to watch not to mention being part of 2 of the top 5 offenses of all time. That said I take the GOAT TE because while you may not put up as many points, while you may not have the quick strike easy score CB pants $hitting fear inducing air attack, I believe you have a harder to stop balanced attack. One of the things all of the Jimmy Grahm is as good as GRONK overlook is how much having an extra A+ run blocking LT is worth to the run game. It is why the debate is not even close as there is no non QB, in the league IMO who affects the total offense as much as Gronk. I take him everytime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back